RF900R

I just spat coffee at my screen:D:D:D

can safely say the said RF900 goes 'kin quick !! :slight_smile:

Well, what a bike ! W H A T A B I K E ! :P:D

For Ā£1k you get so much for your money, feels a bit heavy in the garage but on roundabouts and open roads it steers well, itā€™s so easy to ride, just point and twist, itā€™s so comfortable, the bars are just low enough to be sporty, doesnā€™t feel long and slow to steer like the ZZR1400 did and the engine is just brilliant ! Itā€™s done 28k miles and is 14 years old so things have obviously moved along a bit since then but itā€™s turbine smooth and pulls brilliantly from 1500-2000 rpm, no need to keep the revs up as I do on the ZX6.

Did 38mpg on the way back and we hardly dropped below 100 all the way. Itā€™s comfortable and even the brakes work well. Suspension seems a bit soft but one of the forks is leaking very slightly so needs a seal.

Chap I bought it from said he managed to get it round Cadwell in 1.50s which is pretty good going, doubt Iā€™d get any bike round there that fast let alone a 14 year old sports tourer. The pegs are ground away as evidence of how well it handles apparantly.

Big thanks to SteveCBR11xx too for giving me a lift to collect it, never been pilion before and 130 on the A1 is an interesting way to find out what itā€™s like :slight_smile: Blackbird pulls like a train from almost nothing, impressive bike :slight_smile:

look misterā€¦its ya new toy :slight_smile:

Attachments

You shouldda got an SRAD;):D:D:D

Theyā€™d call be Chunky or Tim then, canā€™t have that :wink:

The great thing about this bike is the ease that it covers miles, I could probably do 500 miles or more a day with ease on this, the kwak would be hard going to get 300 miles a day. Kwak is more fun obviously but for a longer trip this is going to be ideal, Iā€™m very happy with it. Makes me wonder what Grimā€™s busa is like, +50bhp, +40 lb ft of torque and probably similar riding position :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks for the pics Steve, didnā€™t know youā€™d taken those, makes it look better than it really is, when it got home the front was just a layer of flies :slight_smile:

Seriously, it looks like you found a minter there Steve:)

at least the flies on the front steve, if youā€™d bought a twin they would be on the back cos flies are too stupid to swerve round slow moving tractors :D:D

Itā€™s not perfect, lots of cosmetics to do, itā€™s hard to get neutral with the engine running (no problms with the gears on the move) and the fork seals need changing. It feels a bit floaty on fast, bumpy bends, like youā€™re on a corkscrew, not serious but the kwak is rock solid so anything else is going to feel a bit soft. Rear shock has pre-load, compression and rebound damping and front has pre-load and rebound damping adjustment so I might have a quick tweak.

Might need a new battery before a trip and the carbs need balancing but Iā€™ll try to spent as little as possible, probably do most of it myself.

I recon that with a bit of help from Mr Angle Grinder youā€™d get a Busa engine in there;):D:D:D:D

Plus you can get 9 slices of bread to toast in each side :slight_smile: