RF900R

depends how you ride them as well steve, I can get 45+ outa the 'bird even riding like numpty gets 40+, the VFR and my old GSX were nearer the 50 mpg @ legal (ish) :wink: speeds, any of the big bikes will be fairly comfy as well moreso than you kwak for the journey your planning mate

Apparently you can put the carb tops off the 750 on the ZZR1100 and liberate even more ponies. The ZZR is super comfy - I did 3000 miles in 5 weeks on mine a few years back (road trip through Europe).

Just bought a RF900 ! :slight_smile: What have I done :w00t:

Anybody want a 2007 ZX6R ? :slight_smile:

I was going to give Triumph a mention, Sprint RS, sporty, still more than capapble for touring, 38mpg in town, 50 odd on motorways at legalā€™ish speeds, less if you ride hard. 200miles per tank riding normally.

Enjoy the RF though, should be great fun!

Thanks, I did look at Triumph but theyā€™re all a lot more expensive, I only paid Ā£1000 for the RF, so much bike for so little money. A useable Triumph was double that, probably a better, more modern bike I guess but I think the RF will do, quite heavy, stable and with plenty of torque, should be fun :smiley:

so whens the great adventure steve and what route you gonna take ? straight through france, frejuis pass or mont blanc tunnel into top end italy or another way ? so many questions eh Im just being nosey cos thinking of doing Italy later in year prolly top end Milan area

End Aug or Sept, Poland and Ukraine. I do want to go to the Stelvio pass too, Switzerland and probably stay in Davos, had a great holiday there when I was young and keen to go back, but want to do something a bit different first and the RF maybe isnā€™t the best bike for mountain passes :slight_smile: I think swapping the ZX6 for a gixer 750 K4 might be on the cards, that would be an awesome touring/mountain bike.

LETS SEE SOME PICS STEVE

Hereā€™s one, havenā€™t got it yet but looks OK from the pics :slight_smile:

Attachments

LOOKS GOOD WHERE HAVE YOU GOTO PICK IT UP FROM?

Lincolnshire somewhere, get a train up and ride it back.

I THINK YOU WILL ENJOY RIDING THE RF ITS A VERY GOOD BIKE PLUS UR BOTTOM DOESNT HURT AFTERHOURS OF RIDING

when you going for it mate, could run you up on bike if want

Wow! Lovely bike! Looks really comfy! :cool:

That looks a nice clean example Steve:)

Many RF bits were recycled for use on the Bandit so there is a wealth of spares available.

Sounds like a bar-gin;):smiley:

Nice one mate, very nice bike for a grandā€¦enjoy!

Yes I want a 2007 ZX6R, but I dont want to pay for it! :wink:

Swap it for the buell? Your ZX6 will make a nice track bike :hehe::stuck_out_tongue:

You donā€™t wanna do that mark you wanna swap it for a TiLLer;):smiley:

Too true E

A Yellow one parks near me at moā€™, on a Polish plate.

Sorry, already had Chunky offering to swap the ZX6R for his TL, said he wanted something a bit smoother, but I want to sell it not swap :slight_smile: Iā€™ll keep it for a while but I think ultimately I want something better for long distance, if I enjoy this trip then Iā€™ll sell the 6 and the 900 and get something like a busa or ZX1400, still have a hankering for one of those.