Replacing my Warhorse

its a 98 , (was only joking about selling it to you your get a great bike if you search around for the money you have to play with) but will be for sale soon ,

Yep - a bespoke track bike would be overkill for my commute! :stuck_out_tongue:

Just to throw you a curve ball, look at this beauty:cool:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Suzuki-TL1000R-Immaculate-TL1000-R-2002-TLR-7764-Miles_W0QQitemZ280287967695QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Motorcycles?hash=item280287967695&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1301%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

You’ve had the imitation, now have the original;):smiley:

Thanks Chunks :wink: - that TLR looks like a real corker! Talking of curve balls does anyone know anything about the Yamaha Thunderarse, er I mean Thunderace?

All I know is that it’s a big fat outdated sports/tourer with an engine that sounds like a bag of nuts and bolts (but this is ok as it’s supposed to sound like this) - and that the exup valve sticks if it’s not greased regularly - all I need to know is are they reliable and start ok on cold damp mornings (no carb icing issues)?

In bike terms it’s a bit like buying an old jag xj6 - dated, fat and off the pace - but a lot of performance and metal for the money. :slight_smile:

Haha I think you will be pleasently surprised if you get a test ride on an 'Ace. My mate Clive had one from new. He would be classed as a spirited rider and I can’t remember a single bike going past him when he ws giving it the berries:D

They’re a cracking bike, handle as well as you will need on the road, the engine is the daddy of the R1 and the brakes are still the benchmark that others are judged by (Blue Spots)

I think the only thing that let the Ace down was its finish as fastenings and stuff did get a bit “fluffy” over winters.

If you find a minter, you’re onto a winner IMO:cool:

(Still recon the TLR is better;))

Thanks for the info Chunks! very encouraging - this bike has been on the edge of my radar for years - probably one of the best money/performance ratios on the market - but (whispering) it’s not the prettiest of bikes though is it? - but then I guess when i’m riding it I won’t be looking at it so who cares! :smiley: