Replacing my Warhorse

Snap! I’ve only had my bandit a few months but would love a Gixer 750 (he says in a perverted ‘oh the plane boss the plane’ sort of way).

gixer 750 rule :slight_smile:

zx7r is also a fine bike but i would go for the fazer.

the GSXR will get kicked…

but i’ve grown to love my firestorm really quicklyNice bike Alistair - thanks for reminding me i’ll take a look at some
–you’re welcome to a spin on mine. no idea why this has gone to a small font.

Yeah, bought my Bandit in October as first big bike, I love it but am starting to really hanker after Gixer or failing that a Triumph Daytona 675. If I had money I’d have bought something else by now, gf would probably throw me out if I did. :smiley:

If you don’t want another SV thou, then I would either go for a firestorm, assuming your commute isn’t too long as they have a small tank and a big thirst, or a Fazer 1000, a bike I’ve always fancied but never got round to owning… a bloke down the rroad has a mint one 05 plate with baffle free cans on it…it sounds gorgeous!

If the credit crunch is biting you could always downsize…some thing like an SV650Sport is really cheap to run… by coincidence I might be selling one soon, if the insurance company rebuild it…

If you’re looking at older sportsbikes, the ZX9 is a brilliant bike.
Better road bike than the equivalent year blades and R1s, big and comfy and very fast.
You could get a mint F2P model for the sort of money you have available - they have the better nissin 4 pot calipers and a wee bit more go thanthe C/E models.
I’ve put 21k on my zx9 in the last 18 months, commuting, touring and scratching and it’s been brilliant.
I’ll be keeping it til it dies now - with 54k on the clock it’s not really worth anything anymore.

One like this?

:Wow: she can swing her leg over me, er I mean my bike anyday!

I’m guessing kicked is a typo for nicked Adz! - gixxers (even older ones) get nicked a lot and I’ll be leaving it parked all over town (sometimes well into the night) so i’ll go for something less nickable.

Thanks Alistair mate - that’s a really kind offer. :slight_smile:

I always hankered after a Fazer thou from when they first came out John - but they were way too expensive - so I’ve bided my time and am well up for a used one.

Excellent suggestion Gurniman - gertting a ZX-9 has always been in the back of my mind - thanks for reminding me - could be the perfect practical sportsbike. :wink:

This is on at a good price, and can check it cos it is Barnet:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2002-KAWASAKI-ZX900-F1P-BLACK-MAUVE_W0QQitemZ270308981299QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Motorcycles?hash=item270308981299&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2%7C65%3A7%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

[quote]
Elad (28/11/2008)

This is on at a good price, and can check it cos it is Barnet:http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2002-KAWASAKI-ZX900-F1P-BLACK-MAUVE_W0QQitemZ270308981299QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Motorcycles?hash=item270308981299&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2%7C65%3A7%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318[/quote] Why would he have to leave his job due to his ‘education’ I wonder?Reckon this needs some careful checking. Lovely looking bike but bery low mileage for a 2002.Or am I needlessly suspicious?

Her fakery is obscuring my view of the bike. dammit.

[quote]
Alta-ego (28/11/2008)

He seems to protest a little too much, probably why people are staying away from it, but if everything checks out, then it could be a good bargin.

Yeah… except that one’s an E model.
The F is the better bet, mainly because of the brakes.
Fantastic bikes, though - I love mine and would buy another tomorrow (although I do have a hankering for a Tuono - if only I could afford one)

Can’t see it properly though cos there’s some mad bint in the way.

You mean her hair colour?

Cheers Elad - that’s really kind mate :slight_smile: - but I’m gonna hang fire on purchasing a bike as me legs still out of action - I’ll probably be able to do test rides and stuff by christmas/mid jan.

I’m really impressed by the Fazer thou - but the zx9 is a saucy bike and has definitely turned my head - the only draw back for me with fully faired bikes like the zx9 is that It’s gonna get parked a lot in bike bays and it’s gonna break my heart if the fairing starts getting scratched up by the various numptys we have to share the bays with these days - plus the fazers upright riding position, peerless mid-range and flat bars make it perfect for filtering through rush our traffic (i’m starting to sound like a bike mag :rolleyes: ).

Hehe no problem - Good luck when you do go looking :slight_smile:

You used the word ‘peerless’ - oh dear. :wink:

:smiley: I know - i’ve been stuck in doors with the broken leg for a few weeks reading mainly bike mags - I’ve totally lost touch with reality and am in need of some serious social rehabilitation! ;):stuck_out_tongue:

Biased opinion but take a look at the ER6s.

Im going to be selling my gsxr750:) your have loads & loads of ££££ change from 3 grand and will come with race fairing ,& the one in my sig & the std one, wets on wheels screens sprockets levers . rear sets std exhaust .k1 seat unit/seatframe loads of trick bits . and a few more scratches from parking bays would only add charector:D oh and its just had an mot and 6 months tax, But probbally better spending your money on somthing a little bit more expensive:) as you would only want to take this on a track and we all know there no fun:hehe:

Sounds interesting S! What year is it mate? :slight_smile: