RBLR 1000 2014

Have made the call to do this next year once I have a few more miles under my belt. It also clashes with a dirty weekend away I have planned :wink:
Will flick a few shekels your way for sponsorship obviouslyā€¦ you crazy b**tards :w00t:

On a side note, I propose we start calling TDJ ā€œ1000 mile Markā€ from now on!

Iā€™m having a year off so donā€™t let us down boys the first place position is open to you now.

I finished first last year beating the blokes, some took it bad :smiley: very bad :hehe:

How do you plan you fuel stops in Scotland, are the petrol stations not closed a lot of the time? And do you think this can be done on a 600RR?

Never, ever let them forget this Ang:D

There are lots of Petrol garages in Scotland some are a little of the beaten track so you need to plan your fuel stops. There are a couple of areas that it does get a bit sparse so you need to fill up even if you have half a tank just to be sure. I normally carry 5lts spare just in case.

Yes it can be done on a 600 I may be doing it on an SV650, and I have just done a 1000 miles on a Vespa 300GTS so itā€™s more than possible. :smiley:

sounds interesting whatā€™s my chances n a zx6r lol

need to have another registration point by the time you register already done like 200 miles

You can do it on any bike you just need to plan the ride to suit your bike and fuel range.
Yes it is 200 miles to the start but you get this done the day before itā€™s the 200 miles back home that is a pain. :slight_smile:
Squires is a very good venue for this event with plenty of room for camping if your that way inclined. It also does good food and has a bar. :smiley:

Road closures

More closures, affecting those on the NC this time:21/06/2014 8pm to 10am (overnight) A1(M) & A1 northbound full closure between junction 50 (Baldersby) to Scotch Corner (diversion via A168 to A19) 30 mins extra21/06/2014 8pm to 10am (overnight) A1(M) & A1 southbound full closure between Scotch Corner junction to junction 51 (Leeming) (diversion via A689 to A19 or A66(M) to A19) 30 mins extra

I may be switching routes to North Anti Clockwise.:smiley:

NCC all as per last year. The ā€˜Aā€™ plan is to give the gravel on the A9 off slip at Inverness a miss this year. Finishing before midnight in one piece with no additional scuffs n scrapes on the Bonneā€™ :wink:

Has Ang made her mind up yet, one minute sheā€™s ā€¦

The next sheā€™s ā€¦

Good luck Art, see you at the briefing. Ang hasnā€™t entered this year I think she feels a little guilty after nearly reducing grown men to tears last year. :smiley:

I will be riding my Black FJR1300 this year after selling the SV650. North anti clockwise route. :slight_smile:

Tracker

Iā€™ll be taking the blue/white Bonneā€™ with the dodgy inlet camshaft

Planning on bangers n mash with a fried onion topping at Squires around 5 followed by a walk around the car park, canā€™t let a day go by without a walk :wink:

LOL Art, I meant the waterproofs.

Iā€™m going up and going out to explore some of Yorkshireā€™s finest roads on Saturday until my arm gives up. I need another cortisone injection in it as itā€™s been playing up again and very painful.

Should see you at Squires later - Good luck x

If you take a meander along the A6108 you could give us an update on the Tour de France bunting at Masham

Fair play to the good women of Masham for getting into the spirit of the Tour. Theyā€™ve crossed the Tour de France with the WI and come up with 20,000 home knitted miniature cycling jerseys which theyā€™ve strung together bunting style and hung from the towns lamp posts. Top job ladies :wink:

So why have the over officious officials of Yorkshire County Council ordered them to be removed?

Because theyā€™re worried that the weight of the rain sodden woolies will cause the sky lamp posts to fall down, proper Chicken Little if you asks me

Read all about it here

Another visit to Crackpot? :slight_smile:

Ride safe guys, post up your sponsor links and Iā€™ll spot you some dough when I get paid next week.

Saw mark heading off on the FJR :laugh:

Good luck guys!

^^^^:w00t::w00t::w00t:^^^^^^

good luck guys

Had to miss out this year , good luck everyone !!

SPAR in Sherburn in Elmet, how cool is that?:smiley:

:smiley: Chinese