Raoul Moat...

Now can we start talking about skakeyfan behind his back!:w00t:

Seemed like a nice fella:)

http://londonbikers.com/forums/Topic376673-35-1.aspx#bm377869

Firstly, might I just say what I think most are thinking… “What an absolute C0CK you really are, you deluded, small minded, little man!” :smiley:

Secondly, that’s a pretty strong allegation you’re making! Where did you here this story? :doze:

Was it from one of your friends who also wears a tinfoil hat? :stuck_out_tongue: You need to get out more mate! :wink:

I believe the VAST majority of Poh-lice in this country do a great job but I’d be surprised (and a little shocked) if the same majority of Poh-lice thought that Sgt Smellie handled that situation well. Regardless of the (supposed) provocation a man twice the size of a woman, in protective equipment and with an extendable baton in his hand feels that he’s so threatened that he must first slap her with his armoured hand and then strike her twice with his baton. Pathetic.

It’s a bit crap (in all honesty) for you to then refer to “even prosecution witnesses” stating her behaviour wasn’t good. I recognise there’s a brotherhood but you’d get a lot more respect from various people across the nation if occasionally you accepted that one of you did wrong. He did wrong, why deny that?

And please don’t associate this post with that twat who was on here earlier. I’ll re-iterate: I have a lot of respect for the vast majority of police in this country.

You are making your mind up on what you have seen on the video alone. es of course, it looks bad, in fact very bad but I would suggest you have a read of the IPCC report first and look at all the circumstances.
I have had to strike a women half my size before in my career, and it was done in a way that had it been filmed and the viewers had not seen the circumstances then it would have looked equally horrific.
In my post above I have not defended his actions in anyway, I have just stated fact.

My own thoughts on it, yep looks really bad and would I have done the same, I really hope not but …maybe so if I had been under the same pressure and circumstances as Sgt Smellie but that is something we’ll never know or probably appreciate as we won’t experience what he did on that day.

It’s not crap in the slightest, in fact I was being quite generous in my description given by witnesses of the aledged victim of the assault - Witness description here
I fully accept that Police do wrong and they always will as long as we are human. Have a read of my posts above and you’ll see where I stand.
What I don’t accept is that some people are only happy when the Police are on the end of a witchhunt. The same court system applies to us yet if we are cleared then it must be a white wash and if we are convicted then strangely it doesn’t get much of a mention.

Never. :smiley:

FTP.

:stuck_out_tongue:

For the record, i was talking just about Raoul Moat, not the very widespread different forms of being mentally unwell. He was unwell, as people with ‘normal’ tempers dont do this …

Thanks though for the incredibly stooopid presumtion about me…:smiley:

Mel, your not mad hun, scatty at times may be but not loopy :w00t:

BusaBaz,

Thanks for the response. Bottom line from me is that the protestor was an idiot. I accept what the witnesses said - that she acted aggressively (with orange juice) etc. My point is (and yes, I know I haven’t been on the receiving end) that regardless of the provocation Smellie faced he shouldn’t have done what he did. He’s a big guy and I really feel he’s stretching the truth if he says he felt threatened by her - sure he’s going to say that as the official line (what policeman isn’t?) - but he’s overreacted to what was, at best, a minor threat.

But hey ho - life goes on. It’ll be interesting to see what happens in the case with the vendor. Assuming anything happens with the case with the vendor. But that’ll be a whole other thread!

Always a pleasure to respond to someone who is polite and making a valid point.

Why is it only the blokes that want to do that to me ?:stuck_out_tongue:

No,incorrect, it goes to PC’s, not high ranking police officials, grow some ball hair before spouting crap.

I cant believe some people feel sorry for this cold-blooded murderer.
Its vile, my mum and neighbour both feel sorry for him.

Im like… wtf?
You shot 3 people, killing one.

How can people feel sorry for this man, look at what he did to an innocent police officer, shot him in the face with a shot gun and is now blinded for life in both eyes and will never physically see his kids or wife again.

Has anyone seen the facebook groups?
“RIP Raoul Moat”
“RIP Roaul Moat legend” …
People saying hes a legend and stuff, vile.

The thing that gets me is when things like this happen, which was the same with the Cumbrian Killer, people always assume theres an aspect of being mentally unstable.
He was just a man pumped up with Adrenaline, emotion and most likely scared which is why he went on the run.
I can easily see how people with a ‘normal’ mind can end up doing this, all it takes is one moment of mad emotion to make someone snap and doing something out of the ordinary.

Yes Mel…we’re talking about Raoul Moat on this thread lol. Keep with it :smiley:

No one’s making any stooopid presumptions about you. Here’s what you said:

You’re a nice person, but even nice people are prone to stoopid comments! :smiley:

I say many too, and I’d be the first to put my hand up when I’m with stoopid :slight_smile:

Here’s the reply to your stoopid presumption:

The 250Kwacker guy is right when he says that people make stoopid presumptions, that people like Raoul Moat “must have a mental illness” to explain his act of anger, hatred, lack of judgement, revenge-seeking, loathe-filled jealousy of others.

Despite having been assessed by a psychologist and found to be a violent/aggressive man, the newspapers were saying today, that Raoul Moat had asked to see a psychiatrist.

If I was a psychiatrist, I sure as hell wouldn’t want to see Raoul Moat! :smiley:

dude i thought you’d have more understanding for the people that protect the uk & over sea’s. i was sad to hear the news of your brother when you pm’d me last year. its true that not as much news gets covered of fallen soliders on news & p1sses me off that there is more “news” on footballers & these so called celebrity than people that actualy work to make the world a better place. “my missus is a towel head & works for the police” should i go load my glock now:blink: not all coppers are bastards, there must be a few good’uns out there:D

I remember Shakeyfan from a couple of years ago on this forum - we had a few chats and as far as I know he’s only a kid, a teenager. When I was 16 I spent most of my time hanging out in parks drinking Diamond White and hating everyone - the police, teachers, anyone in authority, Radio 1, anyone over 25, people like I am now etc - but of course views change as people get older.

I think the thing is we build up a mental picture of people from their posts and don’t always stop to think about their age group. A 16 or 17 year old is going to see things differently from a 30 or 40 year old and is probably going to make a few more ‘wild card’ kind of comments.

So apparently the ex-girlfriend lied to Moat, saying her new boyfriend was a policeman, she said it was to keep him away but I suspect she just wanted to **** him off, you know what ex-es can be like.

So that little bit of pointless deceit cost one man his life, and one copper his eyesight :angry: