Raoul Moat...

The towel heads over seas took my brother from me, did anybody moan? did they ****. So to answer your question yes iv had somebody taken from me deliberately.

Then by all means make a complaint to the INDEPENDENT Police Complaints Commission.

With all respect Mel, that’s an incredibly stoopid thing to say.

The blatant discrimination that the mentally ill = psychopathic or sociopathic is a part of the backwardness of society, which seeks to blame the vulnerable.

People go around shooting each other - look at Afganistan and the USA/England/France and their allies. Are all the soldiers then mentally ill? :doze:

People kill, whether filled with anger or hatred - not because of mental illness. Mental illness itself is a very rare reason why anyone would kill (look at the Michael Stone case for example).

The kind of evil stereotyping of the weakest and most vulnerable section of society - blaming them for unpredictable ‘psychopathic’ actions is really off-kilter. Psychopaths are anti-social, and anti-social behaviour is not mental illness. With anti-social behaviour on the rise, it’s no surprise that knifings and violent crime is on the rise. Not because of mental illness.

If only they were independent; I don’t think anybody really believes that. Anybody remember Jean Charles de Menezes?

Fica com Deus.

I wonder how far you are from the mental picture I have of you! Bliss, thats what I’m told…

They are Independent, I know that for a fact. They investigate an incident to an extremely high standard and then present the facts they have discovered to the CPS and (if there has been a death) to an Inquest.
They cannot prosecute people they can only present the evidence that is found and make recommendations.

I get the feeling your knowledge of the IPCC is gleemed from the media and possibly internet forums as opposed to knowing how they work, am I wrong ?

I am deeply sorry for your loss yet that does not excuse racism in anyway.
With the utmost respect, you really need to take a deep breath and have a serious think about the way you view groups of people whether it be by race or career. Making sweeping unfounded statements does you no favours at all.

And what have I ever done to you? :smiley:

Yup your defo a little scrote an ignorant one at that,

…and Officer Smellie who slapped a woman at a demonstration and wasn’t wearing his numbers. The IPCC verdict? Hmm

…and its taking a very long time to investigate Ian Tomlinson’s death at the G20 debacle. Anyone want to take a bet on the likely outcome of that?

Yep. My day job sees me as a news analyst. Part of that entails writing reports for parliament—and a number of police forces, as it happens.

I don’t hate the police, by the way.

I’m just quoting what I said above which you clearly didn’t read -

“They are Independent, I know that for a fact. They investigate an incident to an extremely high standard and then present the facts they have discovered to the CPS and (if there has been a death) to an Inquest.
They cannot prosecute people they can only present the evidence that is found and make recommendations.”

Just for you, Sgt Smellie was charged after being investigated as it was deemed that there was sufficient evidence for a prosecution.
The CPS … note, not the IPCC but the CPS … who decided to prosecute Sgt Smellie didn’t account for the lack of cooperation from the aledged victim in this. Even prosecution witnesses then stated that the behaviour of the aledged victim was not good = Not guilty verdict.
I should imagine - just a guess, that the verdict would have been different had she turned up in court - she didn’t.

That is how our court system works, it has to be beyond all rerasonable doubt and not just the opinion of someone who has seen a clip on youtube :wink:

Contrary to popular belief, it is not a big conspiracy, coppers do get nicked and charged and go to prison too for all manner of offences as just like all other jobs they take recruits from society and society has some bad people = the police will have some bad people.

I think she was referring to Raoul Moat and not the soldiers out fighting for us. He was obviously unhinged and its a shame his ‘illness’ no matter how great, or his ‘unhinged’ mind led him to ruin and change many peoples lives forever.

Mental illness can be broken down into many many different forms, most people live their entire lives with a form of mental illness. Most people suffer different forms, break down, get treatment and get back on with their lives like nothing has happened.

End of the day, hes dead. he wont suffer the guilt, trauma or sadness caused by his actions (however caused) There are alot of people out there tonight having to adapt their lives because of him. Good luck to them and i hope they get back to some form of normality soon.

Good stuff, sounds impressive. I never thought you hated the Police but you haven’t seen the workings of the IPCC first hand though … or am I wrong ? :slight_smile:

If you have seen some of the work that the IPCC do, have a look at their site and the investigation reports, you’ll see that they do not hold back in any way. Contrary to the belief of some (as I said above) it ain’t a big conspiracy !

Haha, no, not this time. Never having worked for them, firsthand observation’s pretty impossible!

I tend to sit on the fence on that one. I’ve got friends who really do believe that, and I know someone who has a project called the Love Police (you’ve probably heard of it). I also used to have a mate who was very heavily involved with Class War. They’re interesting! But like I said, me, on the fence.

Anyway, I have a question, a genuine one. I work near Liverpool Street station, and recently saw something that I thought was rather odd. A bike was parked on the pavement outside the Starbucks, and a van had come to remove it. Accompanying that van was another, with armed policemen and dogs. Is that the usual procedure? It seemed like overkill.

True, I suppose I knew I’d get a ‘no’ to that question and not really fair of me, oh well, lifes not fair either. :wink:

There’s nothing wrong with sitting on the fence, I’m a firm believer of taking as you find and I try to do my best to avoid being tainted by other sources such as friends, media etc etc but that is, if I’m brutally honest, almost impossible.

Never heard of the Love Police and just done a quick bit of googling, sounds interesting and I’ll have a read some other time when something really important (like The World Cup final isn’t on in the background. :hehe:

Class war brings back memories of many years ago and many demos I was on. Not done any for a long long time. Found the vast majority very pleasant and not a problem. Always helped if I was friendly and jokey with them to start with made life easier for me.

Not sure why the bike got that response ? All depends really on what the call to Police stated. Bear in mind though that there is a Police Station just opposite and that the firearms team could have just came over to help, they are cops too just with a bit of extra kit on their belts.

I think i’ll leave this forum, I don’t want to associate with a bunch of hippies.

Toodles all :smiley:

Lol, Never been called that before.

See ya !

Thanks man, there was just too much bad karma going around! My vibes were being disturbed and my afternoon meditation session was really heavy man!

But, like peace to you man!

Boomshanka!