QUICK THERES NO MODS LOGGED ON !!

I didn’t say that LB said that, just that if a forum states that Pm’s are viewable then it gets you out the sh¦7e. Not illegal then

I didn’t read LB’s agreement, just clicked OK

LOL.

I think it’s a misnomer fella. It’s turning into the Producers in here. The party of the first party

I think it’s a very important issue actually, not just on LB but also on my forum.

I need to check my agreement is watertight as well now, it could land me in a whole load of ****e.

Privacy issues are dangerous

We have mechanisms and procedures in place that ensure that nobody has access to the PM’s on LB. I can’t go into what this means for obvious reasons, but as Matt has said, LB is built upon bespoke software (my forté), with the forum software being heavily customised to meet our own functional and security requirements.

My previous post refers:

"This is why I was confused, see following quote from “the rules”:

“The administrators of this site reserve the right without notice to access or view all such material (including posts, profile information, emails sent through the forum software, and Personal Messages (PMs))”

and also I know on a forum that operates using vBulletin the administrator account CAN (but choses not to) read PMs. But you are in a position of knowledge, so I’ll take your word for it. Might be worth modifying the rules in that case…"

p.s. should this be moved to site issues?

Good point Choccie… I’ll need to look into this one in more depth as far as the T&Cs go… btw - as already stated… we don’t use any standard forum software… and what you may have seen on other boards is not neccessarly the norm here!