Praise - Almax Security Chains

Got mine today…Postie was out of breath when he got to the door. :hehe:

BOMB PROOF

:smiley:

They certainly are a heavy piece of kit, quite reassuring.

Great chains. Links are too wide for the ground anchors fitted by Islington Council in some of their motorcycle bays though.

Well I got mine last Friday and it fits my Groundhog ground anchor perfectly. Also very impressed by the lock, the Squire they do strikes me as being a seriously high-quality piece of kit.

Took a chance with the length. Previous chain was 1.5m and I only used it to secure the front wheel. The new one is 2m and now I can secure the front wheel AND loop itbehinda downpipe.

Peace of mind at last on days when I have to leave the bike at home :cool:

Great service from Almax BTW. I totally recommend them. And yes, I did get the tailpack. And very pleased with it I am too. Thanks for your advice, people.

I got the Almax Immobiliser III chain (thanks to a member of LB that reccommended it when i posted pics up of bumbles)… wanted a smaller chain to carry around when using the bike everyday, so i ordered one from them, must admit, great service, cos they called me back and checked everything through with me, then told me the chain i ordered wouldnt be big enough for my bike… they did the swap for me and chucked in the free kriega tailpack…and even gave me tips on where to park my bike.

very pleased me :smiley:

just weighs so much i have to drag it through the house… defo reccommend!!

Yeap another praise here as well, Alex was very informative, how to set the ground anchor, which one to get, and talked me into the Series III when initially I asked for the IV, which lost him a bit of money on the sale, but was better for me - that is customer service!Chain lock and ground anchor arrived the next day, and they gave me an LB discount and a free tail pack, use these guys for your security!

Ordered the series 3 chain including the lock and ground anchor etc today. Was very supportive in letting me know how to set it properly and letting me know what chain would be most suitable. A+++ Excellent service as usual. :smiley:

I also have to praise the almax chains… I have series III with squires lock… I teamed it up with a Y anchor Y-max 90 flush fitting ground anchor…

Bomb proof combo… I hope… :smiley:

What about the thicker of the Pewag chains? I’m torn between that and an Almax, though Almax is a bit more expensive.

Welcome Normancorker, and this is a 10yr old thread so suspect the above people may not respond and i’m sure chain tech has also advanced since this conversation start (or at least you’d hope).

All that being said there are alot of almax lovers on this site…

Thanks for that. I’m new here…Maybe should start a new thread on this subject? I’m looking for advice on the best chain, before I buy one. Thanks again

No problem, people will jump in on this.

Just had a look at the pewag web site, what you’re looking at there is chains for securing load rather than something that some aspiring footballer is going to try and cut through and that is what you need to be looking at.

Almax is more or less the market leader in the chain industry and give most chains these days can be “attacked” in under 30 seconds.

So you’re paying the extra for something which will either not be able to be cut through or last long enough to put someone off continuing to try.

Welcome @Normancorker.

Ten years on and I’ll still put my money in Almax chains. A bitch to transport, but still the best from what I can see.

I’ve always used Almax. I use them now on the motorbike and on the pushbikes as well :laughing:

I’ve read a couple of bits about Pragmasis chains and they sound pretty good, if not very similar to, Almax. I’ll be sticking with Almax though, never had any issues with them and hopefully never will!

When I ordered a series V it arrived overnight. The quality is excellent. Took a while to cut through a link just to see how long it would take.

Thanks for the advice all. “Aspiring Footballer” in particular, tickled me… I’ve just ordered 2 Meters of this from Almax.

http://www.almax-security-chains.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&path=64&product_id=57

‘Made in Britain’ sealed it for me. I’ve a Yamaha TMAX and in London [nationwide possibly also] they’re the most stolen max Scooter there is. So I need something robust. Alex at Almax advised me on a Vox walkie-talkie also.

Yup I can believe that, my boss had 2 stolen within 3 months!

16 Minutes to get through it in ideal conditions. In the real world out on the street you wouldn’t have a vice, you’d have to try and stablise the chain by hand and that would slow you down a LOT.

I nearly lost an Aprilia RSV4 once to this approach, some guys got through about half way but were deterred by other residents. All hail Almax!

Just add to what Jay said, where possible keep the chain off of the floor as well makes it even harder to try and cut through.

I put mine through the back wheel, up and over through the givi rack at the back down. The front I have a raised lock so I secure it to that so chain is not on the floor either.

I suspect that chain technology has changed very little in the last 10 years actually - it’s all just steel chain, the posher ones are probably a slightly different alloy or are heat treated to tweak the properties a bit but none of that is exactly cutting edge (pardon the pun).

What has changed is the availability of battery angle grinders and that’s what you’re most likely to be needing to defend against. A 19mm chain is probably thick enough to wear out the disc and flatten the battery of a battery grinder, which is want you need really.

2 Likes