Police report

Unsurprisingly it has taken precisely 1 working week for the police to tell me there is “fuck all they have done” sorry “have done all they can” do so case is closed.

Edit:-

Didn’t see the date the letter was sent, they sent it on Wednesday I reported it Monday…

So 48 hours! They must have thrown the entire metropolitan police service after that one to have done all they can in 48hrs

Fucking joke!

Was the same in my case (attempted theft). They didn’t even bother checking the CCTV footage. Sent a letter a couple days later saying case closed due to insufficient evidence.

Lol same as mine then.
Don’t get me wrong I fully expected it, but I’d at least expect them to attempt to gather some evidence…

Unless the police have everything handed to them on a plate, they are F’in useless…FACT!

Stabbing last week next door to my Mum, after a row at a party…not one of the useless muppets found the handful of knives thrown into people’s front gardens/back gardens/under cars…obviously didnt look very hard.  Dim is an understatement.

Unless the police have everything handed to them on a plate, they are F'in useless...FACT! Redwez

Based on what facts ?

The facts which I have witnessed for myself, and partially explained above (there was more to it, but cant be bothered going into too much detail).

There are obviously plenty of very decent old bill out there, but I can only speak for what I have experienced, and I wouldnt have much faith in them.

The facts which I have witnessed for myself, and partially explained above (there was more to it, but cant be bothered going into too much detail).
There are obviously plenty of very decent old bill out there, but I can only speak for what I have experienced, and I wouldnt have much faith in them.
Redwez
so the facts are you have witnessed something & you have labelled all police officers F****** usless

does that include the ones that go out of their way to stand infront of knife wielding maniacs or deal with loved ones when a bikers comes a cropper

or look for missing persons  in all weathers or the ones that are told they wont be going home after a 12 hour shift because there is a possibility of a terrorist attack

the list can go on

& they stick on a stab vest every day for not a lot of money trust me I wouldn’t for what they get paid

do you enjoy being spat at no nore do police officers but hey that part of being F****** Useless

yes things can happen that you don’t agree with but the police on the beat don’t make the rules its the people you vote for that do

& loosing 32000 officers,PCSO’s & specials since 2010 will have affects , you and everyone else are suffering from these

Well, in context, and talking about the police’s response to the sort of thing that the thread’s about he’s not really saying anything counter to common experience. I don’t think anyone would argue with the notion that, where people are getting hurt or are in danger of getting hurt, the police are generally admirably interested and involved (obviously aside from Redwez’s knife-spinklers). But it is frustrating that they’re not really interested in less violent or painful incidents, like Sleeper’s, where nobody’s got hurt and all losses are only financial. 

I don’t think many people blame the individual officers; we’re all aware that the police have shit all money and that this is an obvious consequence of their having had to fairly strictly prioritise (I think most of us like the fact that London’s only got about 6 traffic officers…), but obviously anyone using the roads who’s both been ticketed for using an empty bus lane and ever had any sort of not-that-major crash that they’ve bothered to tell the police about is going to be a bit miffed by the combination of experiences.

As I said, not all of them are useless and it totally depends on the type of case they are working on I would imagine.

But my experience (as I have said before), has exposed me to officers that are f’in useless…simple as that really.

I dont doubt that they have to go through a lot of crap on a daily basis, and I dont doubt that most of the time they do the best with what they are given to work with.  But I have seen an absolute lack of common sense from some of the officers I have been exposed to, and also in some cases an attitude that I wouldnt expect from someone in their position.  So forgive me for telling it how I see it.

As I said, its not all officers and not always their direct fault, but my experiences have exposed me to some serious lack in common sense and basic ability.

If you think things are bad now, just wait until all new recruits have have a degree in Policing before being accepted into the job.  Things will really go downhill then…

If you think things are bad now, just wait until all new recruits have have a degree in Policing before being accepted into the job.  Things will really go downhill then...
T.C
Why will that be the case? Is a degree in policing a bad thing?

If you think things are bad now, just wait until all new recruits have have a degree in Policing before being accepted into the job.  Things will really go downhill then... T.C
Why will that be the case? Is a degree in policing a bad thing?
CBR500R commuter
its not a degree in policing you will need

if you have a degree in midwifery you will be accepted into the police ,decided by someone who had no experience in policing

There are obviously plenty of very decent old bill out there, but I can only speak for what I have experienced, and I wouldnt have much faith in them. Redwez

Yup I’m with him on this!

My car got written off, they got the passenger and still did not find the driver!

Years ago, attempted theft on my motorbike, I interrupted, police arrived (at the wrong address!), I had to tell them what questions to ask (and I’m not making that up or exaggerating). Guy was seen running into the block opposite me the police did FA and guess what happened nothing.

My Bike get nicked, I report it at 7:30am on Monday the 23rd, on Wednesday 25th the fire off a letter saying insufficient evidence.

Show me in those 3 occasions where they have remotely attempted to even try to do anything?
I have no issue with them having to drop it but not after 48hrs! there is NO WAY in that time they could have gathered any evidence! 

an interesting read from 2015

Two of the country’s most senior police officers have signalled that the era of routine patrols by “bobbies on the beat” has come to an end.

The comments have been made by the chairwoman of the National Police Chiefs’ Council (NPCC), Sara Thornton, and Craig Mackey, the deputy commissioner of the Met Police.

They said funding cuts would lead to a transformation in investigating crime.

The Home Office said police reform was working and crime was falling.

The police service does not have a ring-fenced budget and has been told to expect a 25% to 40% reduction in funding in November’s Comprehensive Spending Review.

In an interview with BBC Newsnight, Mr Mackey said the Met was anticipating a £1bn cut in funding, which could lead to up to 8,000 job losses - a quarter of the force. He said compulsory redundancies were now a real possibility.

Are bobbies on the beat ‘endangered’?

He said it was inevitable the threshold for investigating certain crimes would rise, which would involve victims getting a telephone call rather than an officer at the door.

The Met, he said, was also considering seeking funding from banks and other big business to help pay for investigations into certain offences - such as cyber crime.

“We are driving out costs everywhere we can but when you get to these sorts of figures it will be challenging…on our scenarios some of the services you previously got face to face you won’t get in the future,” he said.

‘Independent police force’

Mr Mackey said the force had to think of “completely different models of working” to tackle cyber crime.

“We should be working with business and industry to achieve that… and they can help with paying for that,” he added.

Image caption Craig Mackey and Sara Thornton made their comments in separate interviews to BBC Newsnight

Asked if that meant direct funding for policing programmes, he said: “Potentially. I think that is one of the things we are going to have to think about as we go forward.”

Mr Mackey admitted there were “all kinds of ethical hurdles” to consider and that it would not be comfortable for an independent police force.

“But we absolutely have to explore it,” he added.

A certain amount of “DIY policing” would also help the force, he said.

“Getting people involved in the whole notion of prevention work and crime detection work has got to be part of the future.”

‘Fewer cops’

On the totemic issue of “bobbies on the beat”, Ms Thornton, formerly chief constable of Thames Valley, said: “It’s a difficult one because it’s one of those features of policing that the public have come to like and respect over many, many years but in fact the evidence would say that random police patrol doesn’t prevent crime, doesn’t solve crime, it doesn’t in fact make people feel safer.”

Asked if she thought the days of routine patrols were over, she said officers would “always respond to the pub fight, domestic abuse, to people in difficulty” but, in the future, patrols would not be focused on areas of low crime.

Its the CPS that are the idiots.  I would imagine the police wont investigate crimes that are unlikely to find the criminal, or even if they do not lead to a conviction.

This is why bike theft is so rampant.

Cops cant chase & CPS give laughable sentences on the rare occasions they do get caught.

Only real losers are the victims with insurance premium hikes and no bike…

Its the CPS that are the idiots.  I would imagine the police wont investigate crimes that are unlikely to find the criminal, or even if they do not lead to a conviction.
This is why bike theft is so rampant.
Cops cant chase & CPS give laughable sentences on the rare occasions they do get caught.
Only real losers are the victims with insurance premium hikes and no bike...
ORBNOXIOUS
there is another problem for the police

forensics are now carried out by a private company & cost a small fortune something the police cant afford

all aiming towards a privatised police force. fuck. 

all aiming towards a privatised police force. fuck.  me_groovy

there has been discussions about private security  in some Essex towns including Chelmsford

ORBNOXIOUS
I agree with your comment about CPS being the idiots.  Incompetent is probably a more accurate description, but......It is not the CPS that dish out the sentences at court, that is the courts themselves, Magistrates or Judges.  

Police investigate and collect evidence, CPS decide if there is sufficient evidence to prosecute and prosecute on behalf of the Police, Courts convict and the penalties are laid down in the sentencing guidelines.