petrol prices

How can this plan work if you can’t agree which companies to boycott?

First it was BP & Shell, then BP & Esso. Make your bluddy mind up! :smiley:

My sincere apologies as i did type ‘Esso’, and meant to type anyone not linked to British Petroleum, which includes Shell and Esso. Hold my hands up!

I will avoid bp and shell from now on!!Sign this petition:

http://petitionthem.com/?sect=detail&pet=14

Sign this petition:

http://petitionthem.com/?sect=detail&pet=14

sign this petition:

http://petitionthem/?sect=detail&pet=14

Sure, the petrol price is getting seriously inconvenient, but it must be hurting car drivers more than us. I bet there will be a lot more interest in bikes this year as a result, and this will give us more lobbying power.

Every cloud has a silver lining… well, not EVERY cloud. :smiley:
But we get more mpg than cars (including that damn Prius - I just love overtaking those ugly buggers), so maybe LondonBikers.com will have twice as many members by the end of 2008.

actually mate, it is hurting us almost as badly if you have a anything with moderate capacity (600cc upwards) and ride in the city

my r1 has an 18 litre tank and prob use 17 before fill up. it’ll do about 110 miles on that (this has been similar on my previous r6 and 748)

on that basis, i’m getting maybe 30 mpg. my heavy ass several tonne pickup truck did 28mpg (maybe a 1/3rd of the tank was motorway).

people chosing 2 wheels just as an alternative commute are often not into biking, or interested in the commuity, and so will prob not make as much impact on ‘lobbying’ as you’d think.

Its not as economical as you think! I fill up and get about 90miles before the reserve light comes on (4ltrs). Town driving mixed with an arrow race system and my fat arse = bad economy! but I wouldnt change a thing!!!

Well I got mugged this afternoon.

Stopped and filled up with petrol. :smiley:

The double tax paid on the fuel is the issue. The oil companies now structure their forecourt strategies around value add ons (Wild Bean cafe) and FMCG throughput to make any money at retail sites/forecourts.

Boycotting one or two providers will have the effect already described quite clearly in an earlier post in terms of fuel availability and pricing. It is completely counterintuitive. Also when buying fuel from supermarkets you could be putting one of ‘the banned’ companies products in your tank anyway.

Having a number of colleagues from the Energy and Utilities Analysis team sitting at the end of my office gives me quite an insight into the challenges faced by ‘the villians’ of the piece according to our militant friend.

If affirmative action needs to be taken - take it against the spendthrift labour government and their need for tax, stealth tax and other tax on every pound earned.

Personally I haven’t felt the need to own a car for some years, and even with two bikes my fuel costs are neglible for me so a moot point. Even at 3 pounds a litre I would enjoy my biking.

Oh and if anyone hadn’t guessed from the last and previous posts. I am true blue through and through and value economic survival of the fittest over the false truisms of Labour’s nanny state…:smiley:

Came back to good old blighty this winter only to find petrol has doubled in price in 2 years, and its run by some bloke we haven’t voted for and got in by default. Where has the Great Britain gone!!!

Ps tried to put ENGLISH on a form "can’t do that not PC " but I am ******* Englsh

Only 101.9 down my way but God thats too much

Burn rubber not your soul !!

first it was gallonsthen litres

what next to hide the fact we are being robbed

That is the problem, they aren’t hiding it, we just accept it. There is no other means so you have people by the balls (so to speak).

if they charged us by the millilitre (if thats how you spell it) we would be getting more for our money