Parade being interupted by ......

These morons strategy is to outrage the public and generate a violent backlash against the wider muslim communities in the uk (most of whom I’m guessing will be ashamed of this act of gross insensitivity and will be terrified of the consequences).

When they have kicked off their race/religious war they can say to their wider community - ‘we told you so’ and gain leadership of the (now radicalised) wider group.

If society as a whole can maintain the moral high-ground and not take the bait and treat these idiots with the contempt they deserve then society will have won and these morons will be exposed for the pitiful losers that they are.

A similar thing is happening in N.Ireland - where extreme republican fringe groups (Real and Continuity IRA) are attempting to derail the peace process and set catholics and protestants at each others throats again by perpetrating acts of terrorism - again - so that they can engineer a protestant backlash against catholics and take leadership of the republican movement away from the incumbent moderate leadership (Gerry Adams etc).

The word i would use is:

C

U

N

T

S

I’m enraged by this and I’m happy to admit that if I’d have been there, I would have kicked off and got stuck in for sure.

I personally am against the war, in fact I’m very anti the war, I was on the marches in london protesting against the war, I grew up in Saudi Arabia for 12 years, the country and people are something i hold close to my heart, so i like to think ive got a fairly balanced view of both the political situation and the reality if we were to leave both iraq and afghanistan.

Anyone with half a brain can surely understand what would happen if we left these countries; that they would deteriorate into chaos and anarchy, is that what these ******* morons want??

If there are any squaddies on here, you all do a ******* brilliant job, you are working against all odds, under pressure, fighting a fanatical force, and whilst there may be people that are against the war, rest assured 99.9% of us support you 100% and will continue to do so.

I’m all for freedom of speech but there is a time and a place for such demonstrations, and this was neither the time, nor the place.I am amazed they were allowed to wave around such offensive placards that were clearly designed to stir up tensions and cause offence. The police in Luton seriously need to get a grip in situations like this. A major lack of common sense and foresight.

You know, I nearly wrote, ‘just wait til we have a parallel sharia legal system here…’ - then I checked and found this http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/crime/article4749183.ece lol

I do have to support anyone’s right to protest, but surely that should include my right to hold up a sign saying “**ck off out of this country you islamic fundamentalist butchers!” But we all know what would happen if I did.

Mind you, if I get too depressed I’ll go to utube and watch some footage of 1000 pounder JDAM strikes!

Every f*n time. I’ m Muslim and everytime something like this happens I’m worried how people will react the next time I tell them I’m Muslim. These cs depress me no end. As has already been said, time and a place.
As for the parallel Sharia law that’s been proposed, I’m sure my parents didn’t move here almost 35 years ago because they wanted Sharia law. The situation is getting out of hand.

We are living in dangerous times - which is why it is important that moderate people occupying the rational centre ground - whatever their background - stand firm against fringe extremists - whoever they are - who are threatening to make our lives very unpleasant indeed - groups like the the Jihadi muslim fundamentalists, fanatical Zionist settlers in the west bank of Palestine, neo-nazis/far-right idiots, de-regulated-capitalists (although they are temporarily in abeyance), nutty Christian fundamentalists in the U.S. who are actively seeking the end of the world so that they can get to heaven sooner etc etc :pinch: They are all a bunch of w*nkers - don’t let them set the agenda.

I think it’s disgusting the way they behaved. I’m all for free speech but there’s a time and a place, and this was neither the time nor the place:angry:

The same regiment are due to parade in Watford Town Centre today and hopefully they won’t have to put up with the same again.

i think it might be a bit close-minded to think that there isnt some just outrage at the actions that our forces have used in Iraq and Afghanistan, the numbers of civilian dead are very high, and this isnt just from internal strife but also from the occupying forces.

25k-27k men, women and children killed in Iraq last year. if that where happening on the streets of our cities i think we would protest too.

http://www.vaiw.org/vet/index.php

some of the stories the vets from Iraq tell are chilling. maybe if we didnt invade forigen contries on the whim of our leaders with no valid reasoning, we wouldnt have people protesting against our troops on the street.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/tv_and_radio/3461335.stm

the government is to blame here however not the soldiers. poor and corrupt leadership after short term gain and disregard for life and the UKs reputation. they are the ones who should be hounded in the streets.

I liked what you wrote there…it summed it all up…we are always going to have the odd “break off” groups, for want of a better word, but as long as there are the rationals amongst whatever sect etc there is, then these people wont be able to get a toe hold on our society. Thats why they chose to set bombs up etc supposedly to “have their say”…why i never know, what they get out of blowing up innocent people, and some of their own religion/creed/sect included, is a mystery. It certainly wouldnt want me to join them in their rantings etc, if they had just blown up a member of my family or a friend !!! I want to go out there and do them !! eye for an eye and so on …Reminds me of Jehovahs Witnesses who for years have been trying to spread the word and get so many doors slammed in their faces for trying…but u dont get them setting up bombing areas in highly populated places to maim as many as possible, to put their point across…( that was just a for instance and not a slur on any Jehovahs Witnesses, btw? ) you can chose a number of factors nowdays…all boils down to the same difference really…as was said brilliantly by SidThrottle…Anyway to change the subject a tad…i did have a laugh when i read Ratty Tattys response below:the thing i dont understand is, if i they are that extreme and against the operations of british troops on say, islamic soil? then why do they live in the same country as those they are opposed too?? makes no sense.

either way it was downright disrespectfull…im not a great fan of the yanks…but i would LOVE to see there reaction to such an incident.

**before its said88…i have muslim friends…none act in the way these idiots have…

It was the bit in bold that got me? I thought whats “88” mean?..ha ha…then i looked on my keyboard !!! :P:D:P:D:P

Well it made me smile after the subject we are on anyway…

sorry, back to the discussion…:wink:

Excellent post.

+1 Well said. Talking of N.Ireland, there are silent protests planned for today in responce to the latest murders. Also, those Royal Anglian’s will be doing a march through Watford at some point today. Good on them, both!!

+1 …see , even he agree’s :http://www.thisisdorset.net/news/1156143.if_you_dont_like_it_here_leave/totally agree , i can’t belive that they are allowed to have placards saying that , yet the police do nothing as usual , that is until the people have a go at the protesters this country is **** if your british !

are you serious? you say this yet you just posted about westminster council deniying us the ability to organise and protest against paying for parking? one rule for them and another for us?

who gets to decide what we can and cant say or protest about in public? the police? the government?

that last post makes no sense at all yes i am serious , they let people ( i use that term loosly) with anti british slogans protest while our brave troops go by

yet they try and stop peaceful protests about bike parking …

yes one law for them and another for us

what’s complicated about that ?:w00t:

Its amazing how they get away with that yet a group of bikers protesting for free parking in westminster have been threatened with legal action!

exactly my point

it comesdown to respect really.

dude…they are blantantly not hindus…they are muslim, they have the view that britain is wrong for beign in iraq and afghanistan…fair enough…but when them troops come home they do not deserve to see what they see in this incident.

as said if i was there i would excerise my freedom of speech…VERY CLEARLY…:angry:

yeah i know they are not hindus, my point is that the religion or birthplace of these people is kind of irrelivant. i dont actually care for thier views myself, but i strongly feel they have the right to say it either way.

i dont have to go to Iraq to know that we went there for the wrong reasons, and have done questionable things to the people there, just read the reports from the vets that where out there.

if you flipped it around and Iraq had liberated us from the Labour government but in the process had destroyed our infrastructure, left our children in a country no safer then it was before because of the groups of bandits and religous conflict, with little running water and electricity and a broken economy, then i think we would be peeved too. and maybe expats that lived in Iraq would protest for us too, even if the populus of Basra thought it was in bad taste as the republican guard marched through the street.

to long didnt read

i dont agree with what you say, but i fight for your right to say it in an open society

i would recommend watching this to see how our liberties in this country are slowly being eroded away