OK, now I really LOVE my bike

Hello! My name is talya and I am a biker :frowning:

I got my license just over a year and a half ago, been riding a little YBR125 since then as all I’ve been doing is a short commute. However, my mum’s now moving over 2 hrs away and I decided the YBR wasn’t going to cope with the drive.

Set myself a budget of £5k. Looked at cars, thought, yes, this is practical, I should definitely get a car. Yes. Yes…

Then I saw the suzuki gladius. Cars went out the window and a week later I had bought one. Terrible. Terrible. Anyway, I never had a passion for my YBR because frankly it’s just too small and pathetic, but I think that is all going to change. Least of all because the lovely Crescent Suzuki have threatened me with death if I bring it in for a service and it’s not clean, lol.

Well, here’s some pics, I’ve not picked it up yet as I am waiting on a sat nav (shut up, I know!!) (but I’ll be doing a lot of long trips on it and it’s not like I can have a map reader!!) but I have a few pics from when I went down the other day. Enjoy!

Hi and welcome aboard.
Good choice staying witht he bikes as cars are no way near as much fun.

Cool bike, white is a good look for them I think…just gotta keep cleaning it! Take it easy for a few miles, then enjoy!

Well my idea to run it in is to take it on the ride up to my mum’s to help her move! I’ll be following her and she never does more than 65 on the motorway because 65 is where she gets her best fuel consumption lol.

But I read in the manual you have to vary speed to make sure all the parts get stressed… or something, so i’ll let her know!

hi and welcome, enjoy you new ride

Hello and welcome to LB

hello and welcome, nice bike!

Hiya & welcome to LB :smiley:

Good choice of bike :slight_smile:

hi welcome to LB

…good decision…cars are rubbish:D

great first big bike! its essentially a naked SV, think it replaces the unfaired version of the SV, looks very kool in white, will feel liek a rocket ship compared to your YBR, go easy get used to it, and run it in well:cool:

What a pretty bike!

I haven’t been paying much attention to the miniature market but this one really looks the mutts nuts or whatever it is people say…! :slight_smile:

Hello and welcome

Hello and welcome to LB. I think the Gladius looks like a deconstructed smurf but I fully respect your choice of motorbike over car.:wink:

Before you buy it maybe try the Yamaha XJ6- might be better? :Whistling:

• **Hello and welcome to LB. I think the Gladius looks like a deconstructed smurf but I fully respect your choice of motorbike over car. [Wink]

Before you buy it maybe try the Yamaha XJ6- might be better? [Whistling]

Less is more ** *

Now now! No reason to get all high and mighty on a Yamaha XJ6!

Small is beautiful! The Gladius is small…less is indeed more!! :w00t:

Just read a review in Bike that rated the Yamaha over the Suzuki- just. It came down to the suspension…the Yamaha had some. Having said that I’ve not ridden either so how should I know?

yea i do admit (sorry ratty!) that the new xj6 does look very cool, but like you, I haven’t ridden one either. But then if you’re going that way, wouldn’t you just get a hornet?

hello and welcome to Lb, dont listen to those ^^^^^^^^^^^^^moaning minnies :D:D:D you enjoy ya new toy

Hi there and welcome…:smiley:

wicked bike, my mate Dan has one, cracking bike! looks liek a proper lil streetfighter!

haha I also read that review in Bike!! I am not too worried about the suspension, surely more bouncing = more fun?

Welcome aboard, and nice bike :slight_smile: Let us know how you get on with it. I’ve no doubt you’ll enjoy it more than a car in the coming months :slight_smile: