Number of Points for New Riders?

no worries

yep, the speed limit becomes the barometer for safety. not that you get particularly favourable reactions from fellow courteous motorists if your at or below the limit in london

there isn’t anyone that never gets above the speed limit. i know its the ol argument that people speed too much time look at their speedo under the cameras, but know from personal experience that i’ve nearly crashed when the guy in front triggered the camera whilst i was looking at my speedo and slammed his brakes way too hard. shat myself, and nearly kissed his rear screen…

saw the aftermath of one guy in the same spot i got done with a fixed camera on the v-point of where the road joins. he must have been spooked that much by the flash that he grabbed too much front and went down hard. there were police and the council cleaning crew scrubbing the floor to get rid of all the petrol

as for mine well, cant really excuse being that far over and understand why they put in speed limits. wasn’t intentionally gunning it tho - gonna pay hard for that mistake…

well, that’s torn it - ran a few quotes for my car to see what the impact is going to be. oddly on the car it makes no difference if i get 6 points or a ban. doesn’t seem to make much difference on the bike tho?

insurance on the honda s2000 goes from 900 squid to 2500!! they’d have to lube me first…

i’m covered til aug on the current policy - have to make sure it goes before then…

Johnny,

ignore the quote from your own insurance company, that will naturally be hiked up…

ring around some of the bigger ones (carol Nash etc) they can be surprisingly cheap for those with endorsements etc rather than these back street shops…

and Tesco’s can surprise as well.

Good luck…and don’t go reaching for that lube just quite yet

cheers mate - tesco are blummin good normally it has to be said - surprisingly competitive

haven’t actually mentioned it to current insurers yet - i ran dummy quotes with several of the ones that are usually competitive for me (bell, elephant etc…). Did the current situ which roughly matched current premium then added the options for the sp30 with either 6 points or a 3 monther and then kerrrrr—chhiinnng!!! may well phone round once I get the verdict but I cant see myself getting away without a sizeable hike.

haha, well, as long as i ‘offload’ by august, lube or cash won’t be an issue…

shame really as its an excellent car. dreams of the TVR tuscan can go firmly in the bin! (1st love is still bikes but damn that car sounds goooood)

Oh you poor thing

Hehe I can see you in a Clio mate,…

LMFAO…

Do what Oli did, man, and go racing!!! Then you get your kicks for free and some top stickers for the back window of the Clio.

Feel free to give me Chinese Burn next time we meet for being cheeky.

I’ve learnt a lot about insurance companies this year and that knowledge has helped me understand what a bunch of criminals they really are.

Having my bike stolen this year (through no fault of my own) meant my bike insurance went from £400 to £1600 AND to top it all it even affected my car insurance. Can someone please explain why?

Now let any insurance company prove that speeders have more accidents and/or that their claims are higher…

I bet insurance companies just use it as an excuse to over charge us and because they have a monopoly and we have to pay it.

I speed regularly and I don’t have / cause accidents. So how is that possible if speeding is so bad??

Incompetent drivers have / cause accidents. Those drivers probably don’t speed as they probably won’t feel safe in doing so.

The Honda S2000 is excellent. I have an Integra Type-R and just love 6-9000 in VTEC!

Does the S2000 have an LSD? It should do…

exactly - why should theft increase a policy? You’re already paying a premium that is based on the postcode at which the vehicle is kept, level ofsecurity and general theft rate of the vehicle therefore they know the odds of theft already. If a car is stolen it doesn’t make it MORE likely the next car you own will be taken. w*nkers.

rant, rant, rant…

I’ve spent years building up NCB which count for nowt now (and it cost a LOT to do). Whats the time limit before you lose the NCB if not used on a vehicle out of interest? Is there any way to use NCB earnt on a car on a bike? (I’m guessing not but always worth askin).

oh and one atomic wedgie coming your way andrew possibly a noogie too

i’d rather walk than drive a flippin clio…

yeah, LSD on the s2k. K&N filter and a pair of back boxes make it growl how it should (only under load tho, nice and discreet when you’re cruising). those 9k rpm ceilings mean you can keep it rocking like a bike, nice progressive step out on the rear wheel drive too. I think i’m gonna miss it…

Try this http://www.traffic-answers.com/forum/index.php for all traffic related stuff. Its a good source of info and is run by traffic officers.

thanks straq - looks pretty good to me

Bike and Car NCBs are not related or transferable.

Any NCB not applied to a policy within two years will revert to ZERO!

NCB’s are for a single policy & vehicle. Just 'cos you’ve got full no claims on your main bike doesn’t mean you can get a second bike and use it. How much sense does that make?

Watch out for classic policies as they are not NCB related. So running a classic for two years means you’ll loose your NCB unless you didn’t insure it as a classic…

It all makes sense if you think that all insurance companies are out to make as much money as possible within the generous confines of the law we “enjoy” here.

I blame the government for not legislating how these companies can work.

My insurance certificate I now view as a piece of paper that I need for legal perposes. I will never claim ever again. It’s not worth it. So TPFT with protected bonus is the way to go.

Tell them that your an angel and live in Land’s end to get a good deal.

The S2k is a tool. I have got to try one. Even though I love sideways action in a rear drive (I had a Z3 3.0 for a while although it’s not a drivers car). When I want to go quick through the twisty’s I’m able to push a front drive (LSD) car much closer to the limit and more safely too.

Come and have a drive of my Teg. You’ll be amased.

You’re right Iain, insurance companies imperative is to make as much money as possible, in any way legal. Such is the fundamental drive behind all businesses. I think though that insurance companies nowadays treat claims as loans, not as the payment they’re intended to be. If you claim 4k, you’ll be paying it back over a couple of years through massively increased premiums. That’s exactly what has happened with me when I claimed for a theft (which was no fault of my own as well, and not at home).

The government should legislate on this, I agree! There must be a scientific reasoning for their pricing schemes, common sense just doesn’t back up what they charge you for! I too do not use insurance for insurance, merely as a means to ensure I am all legit with the law.

The insurance industry digusts me, we’re being cornered into mass commercial rape by the government. There’s other options, as shown by other countries, i.e. having the option to get third-party-only coverage from a government-controlled organisation, where prices aren’t profitised.

I agree. The regulations need to be changed by the government.

The attitude of the insurance company would appear to be: “we’ll cover you as long as you don’t use it or have it nicked”, and if you do have it nicked we won’t trust you again for five years because you aren’t responsible enough to leave a vehicle in a secure enough place.