Newbie Night 02/08/2010

grays in essex is around 45 minutes away, half the fun is riding there, whats the point of having a bike if it aint ridden

my excuse is I aint got a bike at mo, and scooters broke:crying:

Iā€™m there :slight_smile:

For goodness sake. I live nigh on 50 mile from the BM meet. I get ostracised, bullied, and spat at by the proper bikers there, but I still make it on a regular basis. You just canā€™t keep a good man down!:D;):stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah I am about the same I am above you in East London, what kills me is the A406, I have made the trip on several occasions though, and I just struggle now when contemplating driving around the A406 it is just such a terrible road.It is worth making the effort though once in awhile.

I should be able to make it tonight, provided Iā€™m not out of work too late.I donā€™t buy the ā€˜itā€™s too farā€™ excuse either - I work in High Wycombe and live in Wallington (near Croydon, South London) so the Ace isnā€™t exactly convenient for me either but no one location is gonnaā€™ be convenient for everyone eh?!

You only get out what you put in, thatā€™s what I say!

Me and the wife went to the Ace for the first time on Sat eve, glad to have missed the idiocy of the night before (see general chat forum). Instead it was as expected - lots of enthusiastic, harmless and interesting characters enjoying their machines, some grub and each others company.

I might make and appearanceā€¦ but only briefly as i have work to do!

i will pop by, even though its so far away!:P:P:P

Hope you all have a nice evening, iā€™ve just got in and need to sort a few issues here at home so will not be making it tonight:ermm:

+1 im glad i dont have to do 44mls of the A406 twice aday any more, still like to make it to newbie nights though, sorry to say not there tonight,as im dead beat, HI to all the newbie& the old bie,s:D

I was aiming to come to this, but popped into home on the way from work and got stuck in front of the telly with a glass of wine and dinner in the oven :slight_smile: But will be at BM anyways on Wed :smiley: Thatā€™s DEFINITE !! (Particularly as there is no East Enders on Wed nights).:cool:

Nice to see everyone at the Ace tonight - a good few regulars, and 3 new faces I gather :slight_smile:

Just sorry Rixxy didnā€™t make it! ā€“ wish him well!

doh! I forgot! :pinch:

See you September!

Nice to meet some newer newbies than moi :slight_smile:

Sorry Chips for not leaving sooner, hope you found your way home :cool:

Tā€™was nice to meet you all, looking forward to my first ride out with some of you too.

Cheers

Darran

Sorry i had to leave so earlyā€¦ ended up getting home at 4am :frowning:

Broke down, ran out of battery, and ran out of gas.

Broke down due to a well-known, and small, problem with my bike - fixed it by the roadside (remembered my tools)ā€¦

Ran out of battery as a trike passed, with a Power Pack for my batteryā€¦

Ran out of gas 10mā€™s from a petrol stationā€¦

Sometimes, Iā€™m glad I try to keep Karma on my side :slight_smile:

Cheers for a great night allā€¦ itching to do another rideout.

Sometimes, luck is on my side :stuck_out_tongue:

Glad your luck held out for the evening :smiley: See you at another event soonish

Hope it was a good night? I missed it :frowning:

You know what it really does seem that newbie night is just something that Londonbikers.com cannot be bothered with when even the site owner promotes everything else in their signature but newbie night ā€¦

Ā· LB Stickers for your bike or gear, see here!
Ā· Donā€™t miss our regular Wednesday Night Meet at Borough Market!
Ā· My goings-on - via Twitter.
Ā· Moto Professional - Pro Photos for Everyone!

*** Iā€™m abseiling down Canary Wharf for the London Air Ambulance! Please sponsor me! ***

I see youā€™re living up to your sig line Tim.