New Rider, New LB'er!

Hi everyone,

I’m a new rider in London and thought Id say hi, and hopefully meet some of you for some ride outs sometime soon. To be honest I cant imagine how i was driving through London everyday in a car now that I have a bike…

Got my license in March, having never been on a bike before! and waiting for that magically age of 25 to be able to go straight through to Unrestricted A. Passed everything first time so here I am :).

Bought myself a SV650S K9 as a first bike, but have borrowed bigger bikes too (Mainly ZX9R’s), so gaining as much experience as I can quickly, since passing I’ve covered around 2k miles, and hopefully covering some track days soon once the weather gets better…

So Hi everyone ! and catch you on the road !

Welcome! Seems like you need to get yourself on one of the various ride outs people have here. Experience comes with time (i’ve covered about 20k now, but I’m still a novice in my mind.)

Thanks Abzero !

Welcome - seems I may not be the youngest on the forum any more ;-) 

Come on a BCR one day if you like a fast, technical ride! 

welcome to LB I have a K9 SV love it to bits great bike and spot on for around town,

Haha, Thanks JAX, will hop on board hopefully one day!

Thanks Sleeper!, yeah it is a great bike, love the torque on it as its there when you need it.

welcome to LB I have a K9 SV love it to bits but it would look better pink  its a  great bike but way to manly for me and spot on for cruising gay bars , The Sleeper
Welcome Morggg

Thanks Wise, LOL

welcome to LB I have a K9 SV love it to bits but it would look better pink  its a  great bike but way to manly for me and spot on for cruising gay bars , The Sleeper
Welcome Morggg Wise
Oh it's on!!
Welcome Morggg Wise
Oh it's on!! The Sleeper
ha, totally missed that "correction".

Hahaha, better watch out !

Hi morggg and welcome.

Thanks Aceman!

Welcome to LB.

Hello and welcome!

Don’t listen to Jax, if you’re a new rider BCR isn’t exactly the best place to start from what I’ve heard. :slight_smile:

Definitely do not do a BCR as your first ride out, really not the place to start :slight_smile: it is a very fast paced ride on very unforgiving roads if you do not know them

There are better rides that are suited to people new to riding that end up in the same place but not as fast paced and more forgiving roads that are still fantastic to ride.

Thanks Cypher and Marmablade, Yeah I’ll probably put off the BCR until I’ve done a few track days. I’ve done some half decent riding going towards different Orsett, Grays, Basildon, also towards Oxford as well, but practicing…!  Do you guys have a map or route planner to show the BCR Route ?

Welcome. You need to do the BCR to know the route😜

is there a decent route in basoland

apart from the quickest one out