n00b BCR run this weekend, Sun. 5th July

Quote of the ride was nearly from Stargirl with: “Sneaky, does your bike have mirrors?”. I was on That Bike !:smiley:

But that was knocked into a cocked hat at the petrol station. I’m stood there in my lid-n-leathers. The lady tries to charge me £31.00 something for fuel. I tell her the correct amount following with "do you get many bikes that take £30.00 odd pounds of petrol, to which she replies “oh, are you on a motorbike?” :blink:

That would probably be at the garage that the lady said to me, “£4.60” to which I replied “yes”. So she rings it up & says “£4.60” to which I reply “yes. I did say, but as I have earplugs in I don’t know if I’m talking loudly or quietly” to which she replies “loudly”.

So why didn’t she hear me say *!^%~# £4.60?

As for that bend it’s the one after Mrs rakes house on the way back isn’t it. The one before a certain superduke took to the fields a few weeks ago.

That’d be around the time he started posting about having problems with his brakes…hmmm… :blink:

Get well soon to him anyway!

get well soon CT :slight_smile:

You could have been a downhill skier just popped in to get some stuff;)

Was a good ride out and was a pleasure to meet you all.

Defiantly an eventful first BCR run for me! I’m sure i’ll be along for another one soon.

Hope CT is making a swift recovery.

ok back in the land of the living!! Just got home from the hospital, scans are all good but missing the last 4 or so days but bits are coming back. Helmet is screwed with a 3 inch dent on the side but saved the important bit on the inside! Man my neck hurts like hell so also have whiplash to go with concusion.

Sneaky you are a flipping diamond, and I owe you big time!!! Cheers for figuring out who to call (wife freaked out as she was in NYC - she got in last night). I’ll bell you later as my folks took your number. Seriously can’t thank you enough! Dude you need to help me fill in the gaps as I don’t remember a thing about Sunday?

Had a quick look at the bike and unless Tiggi is still after some parts it’s prob going to be written off…PC3 and Scorp high level can may be for sale. Anyone recommend course of action on Ins claim??

I won’t be about for a while as I need to sort stuff out but thanks to everyone who helped me on Sunday, still can’t believe I binned it on a noob run which was meant to be a sedate pottle through the lanes…hmmm CBR600RR or 675???

[quote]
cooltempo5 (06/07/2009)

they bounce well on the bcr;)

It’s good to hear you’re okay mate!

At least you won’t have to worry about straining your neck doing lifesavers for a while :wink: :w00t:

Not a bit of it m8. Although as it weren’t technically The BCR I did phone BCR Headquarters to see if I could leave yo-a$$ out there, but The General will tell’ya about leaving folk behind on The BCR. It dont happen. Unfortunately we’ve had the odd bit of practice on mopping up The BCR:Whistling:

I’m just glad your folks came up to see you last night as when I got home to sort my own stuff out I was seriously try to get out o…I mean seriously figuring I’d have to take The1 out the garage and ride back to Adonbrooks!:stuck_out_tongue:

We always try to find the plus points on The BCR. Unless I’m mistaken, thats the first off on that corner so, if you dont mind, we’ll be putting it before The BCR committee to have the corner named after you!:w00t:

Moto, you’re bang on. Tis that corner…

MAte glad to hear you’re OK-ish, must have been a fair off to mangle you and the bike like that :w00t:
Let me know if there’s anything I can do for ya… oh yeah this might be your opportunity to get a Ninja !!!

dude…

glad your ok mate, teh phone call wasnt nice!!

but Sneaky is right…we leave no rider behind!!:wink:

i think that corner shall now be named…COOLTEMPO’S CREST:D

see what the other BCR committe members say…

dude pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease DONT get a CBR600RR, they are really boring…very dull, liek most hondas:D

get the 675…awesome bike…i would have one in a heartbeat if i could afford it…and with a pipe they sound swwweeeeeet!!:slight_smile:

gis a shout if ya need anything fella:)

CT, Gutted to hear about this, glad you’re on the mend fella,
Hats off to the BCR crew! :slight_smile:

CT hope you are feeling better.

I wish you a quick recovery- and I look forward to seeing you again :slight_smile:

Let me know if there’s anything I can do.

Stick to Stargirl. I like it. It’s you.

I think Westie said Starcom not Star’con’ lol, sounds like a con artist :smiley:

Glad you’re walking and talking (well, typing!) CT - I’m with Ratty on the 675 :smiley:

Permission to second that General!:smiley:

Oi eezee General, most of That Bike is Honda…not all XR, granted, but Honda all the same!:hehe:

Thats what I just started hankering after just when I got all the money to buy The1. May be next year!:cool:

Go easy General, CT just lunched his CBR6!:hehe:

Oh, CT. You do remember me loaning you that £100k dont you?:smiley:

I thought it ‘starcon’ sounded weird- reminded me of starkers.

In all fairness, I was buggered when I got home. So so tired, and infuriated with those stupid scooter riders. :w00t:

And DC- thanks. :slight_smile: I want a proper endearing nickname though :slight_smile:
I do have a nickname of Silent Assassin, but I am not sure how appropriate that is here.

get well soon ct ,bad news about the bike ,this happens to the best of us ,just as long as you are ok ,live to ride another day .