Motorbike discrimination

Yeah, I had the same problem with the Burrough of Westminster… you can park a bike anywhere in the Burrough of Wandsworth without needing a permit. Left my bike for like 15 mins in Chelsea and it was ticketed !.. how the f**k am I supposed to know the law changes after like a 15 minute ride from Putney to Chelsea ?

I appealed but I guess ignorance doesn’t hold up in the ol court of law…

I actually take my lid off at all petrol stations just to avoid the whole “please take your lid off” situation… I understand why they want you to do it.

Ok it is harsh and that’s a topic that should be discussed carefully and with loads of patient. It is a very delicate situation: unsure:.I Agree with all of you and also feel like doing something about it …but what? whrite to Tony or Kenny, Bike ride protest against people with big helmets? ( could be cool. i would be there and represent 2 big helmets))I look at what people from other communities and look how they solve their problems. Yes it is easy peasy! Involves the Whole community and is the fashion!!!

Terrorism!!!

Next time you go to curry’s just make sure you shout " Big Helmets are Great! just before you blow the roof up!

Free Styler Fredy

hey tex…if it takes you 15 mins from putney to chelsea, then im surprised you didnt get done for kerb crawling…

Me and a friend had to hand over our helmets at a multiplex, as they may be used as weapons…

****ing morons I shoulda wacked them with my lid…

Good thinking there, Joe!

I was so upset by the behaviour of a man in a petrol station near Richmond that I called Tony about how best to pursue it. Poor Tony!

I pulled up on a petrol station that I have used often. It was busy and the pump did not come on. I waited and thought that the man might not see me. I stood up on the island bit and waved, but he looked away. I asked to customers to ask him to turn on the pump, but he still didn’t. After the cars had cleared, I went in and told him to turn on the pump. He told me that i had to re-fuel my bike in front of his window. I told him that I had already waited over five minutes, and tried to get his attention multiple times. I refused to move my bike and demanded that he turn on the pump. I walked back across the forecourt, filled up my bike, and then went in.

I asked if he had an issue because I was on a bike, and he said that it was company policy. I told him that I did not see signs, and he had made me wait in the dark, as well as walk across a dark forecourt, which is not nice for a woman to have to do at night (yes, I played that card). He then said that he has three bikes a week drive away. I asked how many cars drove away and he said ‘about three’. I took off my helmet (without being asked) and said, ‘Do I look like I am going to drive away without paying?!’. I then informed him that i am a xxxxxxx doctor, etc, etc., and that this was blatant descrimination. I almost NEVER cuss, but I was on a role. I told him that I work for the government and would be in touch with the office of fair trading, etc., etc. I surprised myself, but I was furious!

The verdict…Tony let me vent and convinced me that it wasn’t worth it. I am sure that he is right, but I did lay into the gentleman at the station. He might think twice about his rubbish, non-posted rules next time.