Mobile phones whilst driving , what Penalty is appropriate ? Discuss

It’s 21 century mate, I give them (Police) a call 2 months ago, and unfortunately you can’t post it anywhere. You have to go to the police station and report that as a crime. Suggested metod of passing over video evidence is DVD.
If anything has changed and someone can advice otherwise please do.

R

Whilst it does seem somewhat archaic to not be able to do this online, I suspect the reason they insist on people going into a Police station with a DVD & reporting an offence in person is to deliberately deter people from actually doing so.

Can you imagine how quickly overloaded the system would be if even a minor percentage of all those bikers, cyclist, drivers that now regularly record their journeys, had an easy way of uploading all the driving/riding infractions they have recorded on their daily commutes? :crazy:

I assume people will be happy with people recording them speeding and handing that in as well

+1

Or wheelies, burnouts, kneedown or excessive revving…

My view is that financial penalties are not really that effective because they don’t level the playing field. Use of a hand held device capable of making and/or receiving calls or text messages (including e-mails) should be punished with instant 6 points and no fine. That way the punishment is the same for everyone: get caught again and you’re banned.

x1

spot on:)

Anyone who wants to go tattle tailing to the police with their camera footage really wants to have a word with themselves as that is the behavior of a right little ####.

The Unforgiven - not very forgiving

Even 3 points is good IF executed.

People do it because there is very little risk involved and not because the penalty is low.
Same as speeding, burnouts , etc.

Who would do something like that if there would be 50% chance of getting points?