Millau Bridge

Live in Shepperton, Middlesex (J1 of M3), work in High Wycombe.

I’m the opposite side of London but I work in Guildford untill the end of next week. We could meet at Box or Newlands or anywhere really, I don’t mind traveling

Ok Guys, looks like it’s gona be just the 5 of us (more are welcome tho) I am going to work out a route that will get us there quite quickly. I will try to avoid the toll sections with the “A” roads but use some of the non toll Mway. Any objections to using some toll sections?

I am looking at 100/120 miles between fuel stops, will this be ok for you guy’s? or can we do more? I can do 150/160 at a push.

Wish me luck as I have only just got the TomTom so we could end up anywhere

I can get about 130 from a tank and as I said yesterday happy to use tolls if thats what we need to do.

Dan.

I can get about 150-200miles to a tank if I’m good if we ride at over 100 for a long time then it goes right down to about 100 miles I’m ok with tolls as there isn’t many on that side of the country and I’m happy to all so look at the route as i have done it before, all be it in the opposite direction. I’ll be taking my map book with me so when Tom-Tom tries to send us via Strasbourg then we’ll be fine.

Looking forward to this.

You could be right about TomTom But I am determined to get a route planed in it, if it’s the last thing i do

They are good for finding filling stations.

well does sound like you girls will have fun!

Meeting this Wednesday at BM to finalise details.

Still not to late to join us

hey guys the tolls all the way will cost you about 45 euros, if you want the fastest route. I did all the toll roads but there are a few good d roads I would have done if I had had the time to plan my route. I didnt do much just pointed and shot myslef off…Paris will get you lost but I went to see the Eiffel tower…seeing blackpool tower tomorrow…will do a comparison.

On the tolls reckon on about 30-35 miles between fuel stops so you will need to do them at about 100miles or 130 miles or more iof you can go the distance… its not a rule but thats what I was doing about 100, and on one occasion I did 137 by missing the 100 mile stop…I was doing mostly 90 as at 100 the fuel consumption got a bit scary on the bandit 2 up…

Take some of the d roads, 4 sure they are real good, and worth the effort in planning…but if your going to do it in 2 days you will need to average about 70-90mph when riding…I wanted to go faster and do more D-roads but I had not planned enough…so just stayed on the a roads except for paris of course…

All packed ready to go

Just hope this rain stops by 4am tommorow

same here ready and packed to go too see you all tomorrow

Lets get ready to rumble

It’s dry and forcast is very good

See you guy’s shortly

And we are back:Wow: what a ride, 3 days, 1523 miles :cool: some of the best roads I have ever had the pleasure to ride and not one hitch:cool: top company Baby polar Bear, Ginger, Dannyboy, er in doors. an absolute pleasure to ride with you guys. Thank you:)

It was a pleasure being with you lot, thanks stace for taking me and putting up with me :Pthat meal was the best meal all weekend

Attachments

R0013526.JPG

R0013533.JPG

R0013443.JPG

:w00t: not quite a BigMac was it:hehe::hehe: but we all still cleared our plates:P

Just want to say thanks for a fantastic weekend. I really enjoyed riding with you.

Attachments

IMG_8621.JPG

Thanks guys, what a great ride. Was good to catch up with the others in Millau too.

Managed to wash the bike and the leathers this moring, sitting here looking out the window wondering if I should go for a spin!

Look forward to seeing the rest of the pics.

Attachments

DSCF2919.JPG

DSCF2915.JPG

DSCF2921.JPG

Looks like you had a good time.

The height of that bridge just makes me feel ill though!

Looks like you had a great time guys, nice one! I’d like to get a gallery up for this. Can you all please zip your images and send them me? jay [at] londonbikers.com please! Or those that know how to use our FTP site, please use that.

Please ensure the pictures are of usable size, i.e. at a minimum 800 pixels wide, or 1600 if possible (this is what all our other gallery images are published at). Thanks!