MAYDAY RUN 2007

I’m a bit nervous about this one - don’t want a mad ride. Does anyone else wanna take it easy and join me on a slower cruise to Hastings?

Wont be going on this, so will you take me name off the list please

I never relized there was 20,000 going on it when I put me name down

Well I’m going to be in France celebrating my birthday, but if I was organising this rideout, I’d get the LB group to meet somewhere other than the Ace early and head straight to Hastings to miss the crowds.

There not a cafe on the way there?

I’m going this year, from croydon so if anyone want,s to meet up at purley way let me know.

Attachments

jeeves1802b.JPG

I can’t make this now - but have a wicked time!

I will be avoiding Locksbottom itself (be very busy) Will be going from nearby if anyone want s to meet up?

Meet at Brands Hatch main entrance car park 8am for a 8.15 (ish) off, Will hit short bit of M25 J3 to J5.

Prolly a good idea to avoid the rush at Locksbottom - it’ll be rammed, I’d imagine.

Having decided my ZX’s air intake is not really big enough, and she doesn’t do very well if she’s overheating, I’m going to while the weekend away oop norf where the grass is greener and the roads are er… emptier. Woohoo! A5004 here I come!

Drei, believe me, it wont matter where at hastings they are all going…when u get half way there, u are catching up to hundreds going same way? We all just follow each other into the centre and park where ever we can…always best to leave SO early though, cos the later you get there the harder to park up?

As for the “fast” ride? I doubt you will have a problem with that either…there isnt enough room down the country lanes to do that? BUT a word of caution? EVERY year ive gone i have seen someone off their bike or some accident, some involving other bikers and most with cars?..so for those going (and im sure you know this already) just be aware that SOME riders dont seem to give a monkeys and ride like they own the bluddy place…so putting others in danger cos we dont expect to be overtaken when you cant move a muscle let alone a bike as we are riding 2 by 2, and when they flash past and pull in just in time ALL along the road, its plain stupid, and for what? we are all going to the same place?..but whatever…that is what happens, every year without fail !

Also, remember to take your locks etc for your bikes, as you dont know where you will be parking and want to come back to your bike? Last year we had to park down some road and walk to the front, had to lock all the bikes together, believe me, theres thousands of people walking around, and not all bikers either…so you dont know whos out just looking for the thrill of seeing bikes, or just looking for the thrill of nicking yours !!!

Be ready to queue, queue, queue, for toilets,food just about every flipping thing you want to do down there !! Saying that, the atmosphere is brill…and u get to see some wicked looking bikes !!!

Personally i go there, get to the loo (first things first!) get some grub, look at a few bikes, get peed off with the crowds !!! and wanna go back to my bike and ride again !!!

You cant miss Brands Drei just follow the big brown signs from the M25 J3 only 5mins away

Don’t know if anyone is interested but I might go down the A22 towards eastbourne then on to hastings as it’s a nice route with plenty of stopping places for drink, food, and toilet if you need it. Nice roads to ride on views etc. I done this route the other day with the missus and it only takes an extra 20 mins but then you will probably get caught up on the A21 anyway. Let me know if you are interested and then we can sort out a meeting place.

Attachments

jeeves1802b.JPG

Will text u nearer weekend Drei to sort out meet, Andy what are u doing? …

count me in… lets see that should make 20,001

Count us out, have defected to the “not the Mayday run”

Good call…

HeyJust introduced myself here http://londonbikers.com/forums/shwmessage.aspx?ForumID=59&MessageID=200742 and have already a question

Anybody driving down to Hastings from North-London?

I’ll be there, although probably make my own way down.

If anyone see’s a bright yellow GSXF and the rider is in full white camo gear then give me a wave!

Well, weather report for Monday now says it is going to be poo… my new bike does not like rain so I think I will give it a miss

hi shane, gotta pull off this one unless i can get a new tyre, i had a puncture on the way home today. i need a shop open on sunday and it aint looking good.

Hi Guys. This will be my first ride out with LB. Looking forward to the ride out.

i am back on again, tyre sorted.