MAYDAY RUN 2007

Hahahaha took my dearly departed nan to see the lights being turned on by Wolf… she clearly was not an avid gladiators fan being really disappointed that Wolf didn’t wear a Wolf suit

Put my name down!

AJ and I are taking Bella and Bitch2 to Llangollen with the GS owners club.

I am sure I will see my 'ol Kwak flying around somewhere!!

I haven’t got her airborne yet

Put me and MrsB down for this one

Can we ride there as an LB group rather than the whole pack that will leave from the Ace?

I reckon leave from Ace

A40 to get on M25

Get off M25 at junction 9 and join A24 to Dorking.

Join A25 all the way across to Godstone.

Join A22 and ride down, joining the A26 then A27 at Lewes, then down the A270 to Brighton

could you put my name down please???

thank you.

Uhmmm hate to piss of your chips matey… but this thread is about the mayday run from Locks Bottom -->> Hastings… you’re talking about going from the Ace to Brighton…

Brighton? Lose your mind with your afro? haha No roast goose for you!

This rides going to Hastings from Kent!

Take my name off then

Fook Hastings…The run I know goes to Brighton.

Have a good one lads.

name has been amended afro…shame really mate…woulda been good to have you with us mate…

busa 55 and mrs b + bigdawg are on the list…

great guys!!!

smiled.

hey dude, its not that bad, if we go early its fairly clear and the police are only there to stop the idiots and to control the traffic to let us bikers flow through. its about the experience more than the actual riding - 40000 bikers meeting in one place - its awsome. - and its so awe inspiring to see the faces of all the kids light up like christmas trees when you high five them driving past

oh yeah and me and lou will be there of course

I love the Mayday run. Being from Hastings its very close to my heart.

The website www.maydayrun.co.uk is a very good website all about this one day. Generally bikers meet up early (say 7.30-8am) at Locksbottom and head down towards Hastings. Its best to get to hastings around 10am (or even earlier) so we can get parked in the main carpark, any later you’ll be parked up on the promenade down by the pier which is about a mile away. We are talking 30 to 40 thousand bikers and parking becomes very limited. If you ride sensibly then you’ll be fine. Unfortunately people have died on this, which has been a result of their inappropriate riding.

Its a great day out. People will stand outside their houses on the way down waving at you. I suppose this is the closest feeling to being a celebrity!!!

Fish n chips, crazy golf, amusements and whippy ice creams are a must!

Ive been on this run, by mistake !!! Few years ago, me and workmate were out on bike for a ride to anywhere?,…met up with loads of bikes, thought we would just follow and see where they were going, seeings they were heading toward Hastings i sorta had a idea the destination, and i didnt mind the run…anyway, on the way i saw a group bikers from work and asked whats happening, they said follow them on the May Day run …cor…the nearer we got the more and more and MORE bikers i saw !! Yeh it was a bit congested, and yeh we had to park where we could, but boy what a reception from the locals…they love it! AND i saw London Bikers there that at the time i had no idea who they were until i actually come aboard and joined last year? Weird that !!! Theres me looking at faces and thinking, were the hell have i seen you before…then remembering it was there, at Hastings ! I remember i think hes name is Tony??? the guy with the “locks”…short guy, loves his wheelies and stunts at the ace?..well anyway, HE was there in fine form…i remember watching him and thinking blimey that guy can ride his bike!! How the hell he can ride like that and hes so short i just dont know,…i mean, how does he touch the floor or balance the bike !!! (well i know what i mean and the other short asses will know what i mean!! )…ha ha

Anyway, it was a great day, bit peed off with the fact we had to queue for food and the loo for SOOOOO long, but the guys i was with loved the girlie models on the beach having thier pics taken with i THINK a duke that they parked on the beach…Saw some awesome bikes that day…and i MEAN awesome. Thats when i knew i had fallen in love…with a MV Augusta…oh boy whatta bike !!! Was told cost was about £40,000…it put the GORG in EOUS !!!

So yeh, put me and few biker pals from work down, i will find out whos going exactly later…

I’d be well up for this!!! Innit geez wicked

Does the route include motorway? - I couldn’t really tell on the map with all the markers that are on it. If it does I’ll try to get my DA out the way in early April

Yes there is a very short section as the M25 goes in to the A21 but there is a slightly detoured route, which myself, Flyby, Sincere and The Sleeper did last year.

Oh by the way Smiled I’ll be there.

Do you mean Fasta Rasta from the AWOL stunt group?

Yes, from what I hear, that geeza can ride…Only seen him the once at Mallory Park last year where the poor sod smashed up his K5 Gixxer thou pretty bad.

Felt bad for him…Been there myself a few times

Dont know what his name is but hes great on his bike? i thought it was Tony? ive seen him at ace a few times…could be same guy…brill tho !!

i wil be doing the battle if Hastimgs run again so count me in.

smiled are you hoping to keep the LB contngent together amongst 20000 other bikes?

i gotta hear the logistics on this one.

do you think we will need corner men?