Martin Clunes has just gone down in my estimation

Both come across as dicks.

However how many car spaces were there and how many bike spaces? Surely Clunes could have waited for 1 to become free, wouldn’t have been long.

[quote] I'm rather surprised how supportive everyone here is of Clunes. The kid handled himself well apart from one swear word, didn't do anything offensive.
He's right by saying that it's the same as parking in a disabled bay - you can't do it. Clunes just pretending to be above everyone else. He couldn't find a parking spot and decided to park in a motorcycle bay. Why didn't everyone else do it? Because they're not famous and have more respect than he does. --- Cypher [/quote]

I haven't seen it. But it's not the same as parking in a disabled bay. Disabled bays are given priority and better access to shops to enable those who are less mobile or able to get to the shop quicker.
A biker can park somewhere else and walk to the shop. For him it's a minor inconvenience but for a disabled person it could be an impossible barrier
Serrisan
It's not about convenience for the biker, in my opinion. A well-planned motorcycle bay can fit multiple motorcycles in the same space, relieving the pressure on other spaces and stopping bikers parking on pavements or other areas where they may be more in the way. If a car parks in a motorcycle space, bikes who would otherwise have parked there may well take up a single car space each...

It was a supermarket car park, the motorcycle bays, disabled bays and parent with child bays will all be courtesy bays.

Park wherever your conscience will allow

Is that quite true? They have to provide a number of disabled bays (usually empty, who comes up with these figures?) but none of the others by law?

Disabled bays have to be provided and kept clear for blue badge holders. Sh*t hits the fan with local authorities and head office if you don’t

I’d have waited for a space if I was in the cage.

Off-street car parks
The Blue Badge Scheme does not apply to off-street car parks, for
example supermarket car parks
. However, off-street car parks may
provide bays for Blue Badge holders. Please check with notices before
parking.
Apart from local council car parks, most are likely to be privately owned and managed by the individual business.
In
a local council car park, it is normally an offence to park in a
disabled persons’ parking bay without displaying a valid Blue Badge.
Drivers who misuse such spaces may also have to pay a penalty charge.
There
is a difference in privately owned car parks. Charges and conditions of
use in off-street car parks are a contractual matter between the car
park owner and the motorist. Enforcement of disabled persons’ parking
bays is therefore a matter for the individual owner or operator of the
car park.
If a non-disabled motorist parks in a disabled space in a
private car park they can be asked to leave. But it can’t be legally
insisted. For instance at a supermarket, an employee can ask the driver
to move their car from the reserved space. But they can’t legally insist
on it.
If you think people are unfairly parking in bays reserved for disabled people, contact the management of the store or car park.

nationalarchives.gov.uk

Read more here http://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov.uk/+/www.direct.gov.uk/en/disabledpeople/motoringandtransport/bluebadgescheme/dg_171251

So it’s a legal requirement to provide disabled spaces. But not illegal to park in them if you’re not disabled.
Classic bullshit.

[quote]

My thought exactly. It’s the ugliest word in the English language.

Aceman
[/quote]

You don’t want to spend any time in Glasgow then…
We call people we like good cunts. It’s Scottish for amigo.
Silly cunt, is more of a throwaway term, much like you would say tosser.

yourebarred

Hadrian he knew

To those who think Clunes did nothing wrong. If he was parked blocking access to ground anchor or similar so bike had to Park elsewhere without option to chain up and was then stolen would your view change?

I haven't seen it. But it's not the same as parking in a disabled bay. Disabled bays are given priority and better access to shops to enable those who are less mobile or able to get to the shop quicker.
A biker can park somewhere else and walk to the shop. For him it's a minor inconvenience but for a disabled person it could be anice impossible barrier
Serrisan
Also, disabled bays are wider so that you can get wheelchairs alongside etc. If you park in a disabled bay and you're not disabled, you're a c#nt.

Parking your car in a bike bay is merely the behaviour of a tosser, I can’t hear the audio at work but whatever the biker kid said, he didn’t make Clunes park there.

I haven't seen it. But it's not the same as parking in a disabled bay. Disabled bays are given priority and better access to shops to enable those who are less mobile or able to get to the shop quicker. A biker can park somewhere else and walk to the shop. For him it's a minor inconvenience but for a disabled person it could be anice impossible barrier Serrisan
Also, disabled bays are wider so that you can get wheelchairs alongside etc. If you park in a disabled bay and you're not disabled, you're a c#nt.
Parking your car in a bike bay is merely the behaviour of a tosser, I can't hear the audio at work but whatever the biker kid said, he didn't make Clunes park there.
monkimark
One way makes you a cunt, the other a tosser... not so much difference really :D