Lunatic filters

like it, forward thinking!..

good come-back…

Agree with u there…same here…its the way it is…deal with it.

As for having a “whos got the biggest knob” compo? Err…wouldnt work with us girlies…so wot do we do, whos got the biggest knockers?..(i lose then!)

666? you crack me up !!!

Nice ol world aint it, we all love our bikes, but we also have divides within us depending what bikes we go for?..weird

I’ll never forget last year we had a rideout to southend? We went for a drink and came across a bunch of harley riders who had chosen to take up ALL the tables instead of making room for others? Not one of them would let us sit there, not that any of us WANTED to…lets face it who wants to sit next to someone whos got some monstrocity sorta,kinda put together leather get up that dont match the trousers, painted with skulls,crossbows and weird drawings, when your in your £400 odd matching power ranger suit, helmet, boots and gloves !!!

(the storys true, the other bit…before you want to shoot me? is a LARF, dont have a go at me Ian…im only joshing)

Interesting point but most couriers these day ain’t worth the sheite Xr400 they ride and they don’t earn enough to put them self’s at any risk even opening their top box… And I say most, the ones worth their weight. are old school. know the road know how to ride too. thats why their still alive.

Here speaks a person who rides if I’m not mistaken A ZX12 … Not much can be said to that!

Are Kiwi’s and Aussies not also “Sorry arse immigrants” also…?

So you’ll know that the ones we speak of are not the ones carving a path of destruction on our high ways… but it is the ones of ZX12 variety

Think you may find that they were thrown out of old Blity some years back… some connection there!

What a pile of old sh!te. If that was a car screaming a few inches past, you’d all be on about damn cagers. You would not put up with that, so why would you put it with a bike, unless you’re used to doing it yourself. It’s simply aggressive riding and with luck, maybe it’ll get the rider killed. Any horsesh!t about improving your observation isn’t going to stop some twunter doing twice the speed limit on the A40 clipping you and doing for you both. Yeah, it happens, doesn’t make it right.

Some tw@t (no apologies if it was you) today revved his engine behind me. Sorry, is that a recognised form of signaling to another road user that you are there? I wouldn’t have minded but he was riding a piece of sh!t that was worse than mine and didn’t make an impressive noise. I had judged the situation ahead too dangerous for filtering. I’d have moved over but that would have put me under a car. If he wanted that, that would have put my boot up his arse. If he was a courier, I hope I made the warick hunt late for his delivery.

Honestly, we do ourselves no favours.

When your on your bike - don’t do anything to help others!

reason being most people (especially in london) are in a rush/selfish and won’t return the favour!

As for you “couriers don’t own the road” types, almost every company in the world needs/rely’s on/uses couriers, they need them to be reliable/punctual/get it their quickly or they wont use that courier company - the courier company needs people to do it for them! Otherwise everyone would just use the Royal mail and wait! Almost everyone on this site has used or constantly uses couriers - so don’t moan about the way they do their job!

I’ll always make space for faster filtering bikes, regardless of occupation, where possible. Its hardly any skin off my nose, and it allows you to contiue riding in a far more composed manner without having the pressure of someone behind.

I’ll happily make space for scooters and mopeds too, especially when it looks like space is reducing infront… NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE USE OF A HUMAN SHIELD… :stuck_out_tongue:

And the only people who have more right to be on the road than me, including those whose careers dictate that they have to get to their next place fast, are those with flashing blue lights. Everyone is else, including me is equal. But thats not to say I’m not sympathetic!

Russ

bah… just race eveyone

"I’ll always make space for faster filtering bikes, regardless of occupation, where possible. Its hardly any skin off my nose, and it allows you to contiue riding in a far more composed manner without having the pressure of someone behind.

I’ll happily make space for scooters and mopeds too, especially when it looks like space is reducing infront… NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE USE OF A HUMAN SHIELD… :stuck_out_tongue:

And the only people who have more right to be on the road than me, including those whose careers dictate that they have to get to their next place fast, are those with flashing blue lights. Everyone is else, including me is equal. But thats not to say I’m not sympathetic! [Smile]

Russ"

I read this whole thread, and finally someone stated the obvious before i could.

If someone clearly wants to filter faster than you why not let them past?, assuming you have the machine control necessary to filter “safely”, why is this such a problem? Filtering, by its very nature is an act of trying to get somewhere faster than everyone else, why impose your judgment of “progress” on anyone, especially those who earn their living on the road…

The mentality argued from the “Im not moving over” side is the same mentality displayed by many car/van drivers.

As has been said before, Allow space for faster bikes to pass and enjoy a ride at your own pace, or get all flustered because of the bike tailgating the **** out of you, and then complain about it on the internet… ::shrug::

What a load of rubbish.

Yeah BABY, turn up the heat!

how about you guys just lick my auspuff

Couriers are slow anyway. Once their GT550 hits the elevated section of the A40 they hold me up. Either that or the topbox on their CBR600 gives them so much weave at 70mph.

wat the f.u.ck

If this is the case (e.g. “Yet pretty much every day when filtering I get a shock or a near miss from bikers that spin past me”), then someone’s “effective-all-round-observation” is not “Effective” enough is it?

Driving a car around London with ineffective all-around-obbo dont gonna mean owt? If you aint paying the correct amount of attention for 35yrs in the car, of course you’re be surprised on a bike (cause it starts to matter) Have you thought about getting yourself some more training

most of the near misses i’ve had have been with sportsbike riders, normally wearing 1pc race suits.

as for letting other riders pass, sure if the traffic’s moving. if it’s stationary then hell no. and i’ll only give you one shot at it too, miss it and it’s your hard luck.

one thing that does bug is when 2 riders are filtering towards one another and theres only room for one bike, to me the logical thing to do is for the rider filtering past moving traffic to give way to the rider filtering past stationary traffic. unfortunately not everyone sees it that way

He’s a courier…He OWNS the road…

Just out of curiosity : do couriers own the roads on weekends too? Or is it just MON - FRI, 9-5 thing? What if a courier goes on a biking trip?

Or is it just universal couriers’ privilege, anyplace anytime?