Lunatic filters

how did you know that’s my tag name on the r1-forum?

I know what a courier does… What kind of morron you take me for… I just don’t think that courier deserve respect for the way they ride, and the road is not theirs to **** about on… Especially brazilian ones…
I thought that hte road was yours. How can you agree to have them **** in your house like that anyway?

haha you do talk some cr@p…

I often use the bike for work to be somewhere at a certain time, I am not a courier btw… But I don’t see my need to be somewhere at a certain time as giving me the god given right to ride like a c**t

A load of couriers I have come across lately have been of an eastern european persuasion (no that there’s anything wrong with that…) but the standards of said eastern bloc couriers riding seems to leave a lot to be desired a lot of the time…

There we go again…
Cut is a cut wherever he’s from.

**** off you slow riding c**ts!..

and anyway, ive been riding for 4 years and have never come off, i have the ability to see danger before it happens, have come close but managed to stay on. i just kinda know who are twats on the road.

I dont really mind anyone on my roads, as long as they respect the fact that i’ve let them.

agreed… Never described anyone but myself as a c**t in my post

Are you related to CaptMofo?

You see Biggus what I meant?
THEY’RE EVERYWHERE…

YUP.

All true, but next time you’re out there pootlin along, and it may be pootlin at a decent clip…but nexty time some Tart on his pride and joy razzes up your arse and is all over you like a rash…what are you going to do…?

A) Debate his C*nt status with him via hand signals and your mirrors?
B) Sit in front of him, wind him up and risk him attacking you with a nasty move that risks your life?
C) Or let him go by when its reasonably safe to do so?

I like it when people on slower bikes let me past, so surely I’ve got to show the same consideration for faster bikes?

I DON’T buy the fact that cos he’s a courier he gets right of way to treat all other road users like CR@P, BUT at the same time, he it is his job so if its possible to do so, where’s the harm in moving over to let him by…

Unless you feel threatend by his speed of course and want to race him, but if that’s the case why not get yer nob out and have a “Who’s got the smallest?” competition whilst you’re at it?

Push comes to shove, even if he does shove past, pull up to him at the next set of lights, raise your lid, stare him in the face and start giggling hysterically. Try drooling a bit too…he’ll give you a bit more room next time…cackling beardy dudes tend to scare people like that!

No point doing the who got the smallest’ competition as:
1- It would take years for the winner to be announce
2- Some guy thinking that he is the devils son will for sure win (unofficially that is as we will be all dead before the result are known)
:stuck_out_tongue:

The way I see it, it’s going to continue to happen, so you got 3 choices:

1. Get used to it

2. Ride faster

3. Don’t ride in London

I do filter quite quickly, more quickly than most and not as fast as many. With that said I do watch my mirrors and when I come onto someone that is filtering slowly, first I check to see if there is an obvious reason, second if there is not I give em the toot from the exhaust.

I dont try to ride on their back tire and give em room to move, HOWEVER if they have passed several gaps (read: car lenght or two or MORE) AND they dont move over then YES I do tend to pass them but safely and typically that means jumping between lanes 1&2, zipping up a bit and moving back over to 2&3 but all with a good look over the shoulder, mirror check and double check.

Dont want them to have moved over and someone else zipped up that I wasnt expecting

To those sports bike riders who just have to be at the front between the lights and insist on sqeezing past me at red lights so they can be off first…

get out of the way, DRZ coming through!!!

You obviously haven’t seen gridgirl then . . .

Even if I agreed with that, which I don’t, then Id still say that they’re the ones that should show us ‘guests’ more courtesy and respect.

Its funny almost everyone hates sports bike riders…

I ride fastish but sometimes i pootle my way home(on my sorts bike) well within the speed limits…

My bike seems to be a magnet for every nob in or on car/bike /van…
If i ride slow i get cut up, raced away from the lights, undertaken by C90’s as im turning left… the whole gamit…

Its just the way it is…
Its london, people are under so much stress that any “i got one over on someone”
Makes there dull little life’s brighter…

This isnt limited to people you just happen across on the road.

Happens every firday night from the ace to frith street

Its like that… its just the way it is…

I get out of the way of people earning a living on the road (couriers, taxis, buses), and hold my ground unless there’s a nutter up my arse, which could be a car, white van man or bike.

If you ride in London you have to ride in your mirrors as much as looking ahead.

Well, … if I’m making some progress and come upon someone who is slower than me then I’ll give some revs to let them know I’m there and they will usually let you pass somewhere safe, I would never expect somone to do something dodgy or dangerous to let me past in the same way I’m not going to. Think I’ve only came across one clown who appeared to take delight in preventing anyone from passing … that can cause accidents too, people getting frustrated etc etc.

I would do the same for someone who is clearly faster than me and appears to want to get past me - somewhere safe and then I’m out your way but not before. If someone, whether it be a courier or not has a problem with that then he can discuss it with me at the next set of lights … I mean discuss in a nice manner too !

thats not a very nice thing to say!..

take it back!.

well i use the bumping technique, when someone clearly doesnt want me to pass them, i bump they’re back tyre with my front. im a bully. no im joking i never do that, only to my friends.

Take what back??

If you think she’d remain more beautiful with her helmet on then you cant have seen her with her helmet off