London Bikers Christmas Party

Once again the time has come to organise the next London Bikers Christmas Party. What’s that I hear you say, it’s only September?!! Well as you know I like to get in there first and beat the Xmas rush :wink:
To be fair, I hadn’t even given it a thought this year until I was contacted by the Bike Shed to get a booking in early but it has spurred me on to get everyone together again. How crazy is it I haven’t seen any of you since last year??
We’ve all had our own commitments with some of us still holding the community together in messaging and meet ups. I’m sorry to say I have been a bit slack on this front with the biking on hold for us at the moment. For those slightly interested I’ll be back in time for spring next year :wink:
But what I’ve always loved about our biking community is we always come together and whilst we don’t see each other half as much as we used to, it’s like time has not even gone by when we finally do. With this in mind I’m keen to get the gang back together for a tasty meal and catch up at our favourite biking establishment, The Bike Shed.
Without further ado here are the finer details….

£36.95 + 12.5% service charge to sit down and eat.

£10 deposit required to secure your booking to eat which you can send to me via bank transfer to the following account (Please use your name/forum name as reference so I can identify you)!
Nationwide
07-01-16
Deposits required by end October

Please let me know what you would like to order.
Menu is the same as last year as follows…

Starters

Celeriac, hazelnut & truffle soup (v+)
Chicken liver pate, caper seeds, sourdough
Breaded camembert with cranberry sauce

Mains

Stuffed turkey roulade wrapped in smoked bacon, with roast potatoes, carrots, parsnips, chipolata, roast potatoes & Brussel sprouts
Vegan nut roast, carrots, parsnips, chipolata, roast potatoes & Brussel sprouts
Lamb shank, creamy garlic mash potatoes with a red wine jus
Spinach tortellini, truffle cheese sauce & pine kernels

Desserts

Vegan chocolate brownie with vegan ice cream (v+)
White chocolate & raspberry cheesecake
Madagascan vanilla panna cotta�
Cheese board

Everyone is welcome :wink:

Look forward to seeing you all there!!

1 Like

nice one claire! last year was brilliant, I look forward to the same again

Well done Claire. Loved last year. Let’s hope Aceman has got prettier with age.

£10 sent

Can I have the Celeriac, hazelnut & truffle soup, Vegan nut roast, carrots, parsnips, chipolata, roast potatoes, & Brussel sprouts and the vegan chocolate brownie with vegan ice cream please

Nice one Claire! The Bikeshed said on Monday they had emailed you :slight_smile:

PAID
Turkey
cheesecake

Nicely done Claire!

We’re just working out logistics but looks like we might be able to make it this year… :slight_smile:

1 Like

We’ll be there of course :slight_smile: Thank you @Bikergirl_400!

How did that convo come up? You didn’t plant that seed did you?! ;p

Thanks to all who have already sent deposits, uber efficient!! I love it!! And also for the swift responses! Looking forward to it already x

Thanks Claire. Enjoyed last years, should be available for this years. I just need to remember to send you the £££ when I next log on to online banking.

Thanks @Bikergirl_400, we’ve paid for two seats.

hiya, i’m coming!

i’ve chucked you a tenner right now !

Cya there boys and girls!

pate, turkey and cheesecake please!

I’m in. Deposit paid. Great job Clair. Every time I’ve been its been great.

Can I have the camembert, turkey and cheese cake please?

Thank you all :wink:
Looking like another awesome gathering x

What have you done to your leg Claire?

Oh that’s old news, haven’t changed the pic for a while!! That was Sept 2016 before 1.5 kids ;p

Still after the sympathy vote eh? Just think, if you hadn’t hurt your leg you might have been able to run away and not get pregnant.

Per my PM Claire

This is what I’d be after thanks.

Turkey
cheesecake

I’m in :slight_smile:

Chicken liver pate, caper seeds, sourdough

Stuffed turkey roulade wrapped in smoked bacon, with roast potatoes, carrots, parsnips, chipolata, roast potatoes & Brussel sprouts

White chocolate & raspberry cheesecake

Say what?