LB dyno day? - see how much ya got!

ok so date is gonna be 8th dec!

location is here: hessel st just off the commercial road by Aldgate

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&hl=en&time=&date=&ttype=&q=Hessel+St,+Tower+Hamlets,+London+E1,+United+Kingdom&sll=54.162434,-3.647461&sspn=8.62411,37.001953&ie=UTF8&cd=1&geocode=0,51.513993,-0.062458&ll=51.516274,-0.062356&spn=0.008946,0.036135&z=15&iwloc=addr&om=1can you let me know if any of you cant make that date?any more takers? would be good to get a big group of us if poss!

I’ll be up for this if you do another one in the spring:)

Yep Im good for the 8th!

Put me down for the 8th please:)

by the way, i’m assuming this is only if there are a lot of people there on the day but he mentioned ‘prizes’ for the bikes putting out the best hp or sommat. dont hold me to that, or how good the prizes might be! :smiley:

also talked about doing the old brazilan food bbq outside again

Nuts, cant make the 8th, going to me mums…

cool i’ll bring my ZZGSXR6KTM 1000000cc then :stuck_out_tongue:

there you go again, exaggerating you have something powerful between your legs :wink:

cant make the 8th mate…bummer…should be working by then…

dammit

have fun guys

smiled:D.

reminder to self must clean air filter and chain before then gotta be worth at least 1hp right there!

i need to clean everything! under all the dirt, i think there’s an r1 somewhere…

f-ing winter weather :angry:

And because bike dynos don’t measure coast down losses and use that to calculate a proper crank bhp figure, you can also pump your rear tyre up to 50psi and gain another one or two bhp there ! ;):stuck_out_tongue:

the whole ‘max hp’ is rubbish anyway. slightly naff idea - his not mine i’d like to add!

dynos aren’t accurate like that due to the benchmarking figs they use to calc, but they can make relative assessment (before and after mapping/changes etc).

it should be able to tell if my toy is fueled right tho

I agree, an engine dyno is the only reliable way to measure engine power but a car dyno that meausres the losses can get pretty close, but in cars the odd 2 or 3 bhp doesn’t ususally matter but I guess on a bike it’s more relevant.I’m keen to know the a/f ratio my bike runs at, have heard all sorts of stuff about bikes that just doesn’t ring true or is maybe based on carbs etc.

I’m up for this, count me in! :slight_smile:

I’m not sure about that… The Southern Cross dyno would coast down after a power run and the guys were saying thats how they get a reading which incorporates the losses through crank and gearbox I got 4 graphs on my print out… One for A/F ratio, another for BHP at the crank, BHP at the gearbox and then at the wheel. Rear wheel corrected BHP was 157.8 A K7 Gixxer 1000 that had only done 400 miles so wasn’t even run in, was already making around 169 BHP. Pretty impressive.

I’ll come along, nice one Ben!

What time Ben?

If that’s the case then great :slight_smile: Most only take a wheel figure. I think the prize should go to the bike which makes the best power x rpm at which peak power is generated, as obviously a high rpm peak power is generated by a more sophisticated, technically advanced engine :wink:

I think the prize should be for the bike that produces the greatest BHP over the stock spec figure.