last night at 1.20

Being in full receipt of the facts before bustin someones ass might help, if you ever turn cop, eh Andrew?

It is so easy to get it wrong if you don’t know all the details,

but never mind!

If your going too fast your fair gameas for running from the Police…well crack on, if you can’t see them in the first place your observational skills will probably still get you caught… and how many of you can outrun a radio?most struggle losing the Paraffin Budgie

i know a lot of people speed on bikes (not me officer) the chances are one day you’ll get stopped, i would be thankful it was only a fine no points.

I always show respect towards the cops as I’ve been pulled over 4 times for going fast but never been given a fine (puts hand to one side to touch wood ) . This is with Youshi cans and small N/P. But I think that it is down to the cop that pulls you over and if he/she is understanding to the conditions or understands bikes.

I’d always take a £30 fine over 3 points

as for running from the Police…well crack on, if you can’t see them in the first place your observational skills will probably still get you caught

Most of the motorcycle failing-to-stop-for police routines I’ve come across have seen the rider make good and dissappear. With relative ease. But thats the maze that is the local council estate though. However, one did confuse me. Plod were chasing a lost/stolen cbr600 one night last year, whirly bird up in the air following proceedings. Rider turned off into small side road, dumped bike and then entered a small block of flats which were then pointed out by the copter. Long story short, they didnt get their man, even though they knew he was somewhere in one of the 30 flats in that block.

Not that I’d ever be a naughty boy and try to make off from an officer of the law…

Ah yes, I do appear to have made up that particular point.That’ll be a spoonful of humble pie for me then…

Attachments

pie.jpg

Lol no wonder Tom didn’t see the cop car.

They probably didn’t record your speed so you got off lucky there mate, just be careful.

lots of good points there…

but in the case of prosecution, you only get penalised for breaking the red light rule.

sorry by signal aspect I was refering to railway signals (I used to work on them). I ment when the light changes colour.

The camera that done me took two photos… the first will show red/amber the second deffinitly green.

FAO bikers who run from plod.

I have been informed by plod that it is there policy not to chase bikers as hard as car drivers.

Apparently it leads to fatalities and then the police don’t get their prosecution.

I heard something along those lines aswell. This also means they won’t pursue bike theives - hope not.

Sorry to hear about it Tom, another £30 quid ticket for the collection. How many you got now - I got three!! LOL

I have on occassion had casue to accelerate hard or to spend far too long explaining why I had to take that line round a corner to plod. I dont advacate law breaking. But, to know plod will back off when my bike could be in the hands of theiving scum kinda gauls me.

I can understand why the policy is in place but lets face it if they wanted to they could catch any bike thief riding the bike. like riding him round til the juice ran dry and helicopters have never to my knowledge been out run( any one wishing to correct me please do )

As bikers we all want the freedom but that comes at a price.

Bike thieves put the bikes in vans, they rarely ride them home, so I wouldn’t worry about it too much. Running from the cops is an extremely risky game with your life, others and your freedom, no way would I do it! In my experience, just being extremely humble, respecting and repentful will go a long way to minimising any damage with a road-side chat with officers of the law.

Of course, this doesn’t always work, but it’s better than the alternative, imo.

That really is a thouroughly wicked pic in that avatar Ghostie!

The bikes that go into the back of vans were generally considered (to my knowledge) to go to the continent.

However - from what I’ve recently heard, the bikes might be dissappearing in vans but are being openly sold on ebay (ferk knows how!!)

This brings back to mind some chats I had with some Kids at a north west London bikeshop, who, had 1999 (ish) R6’s, but they were riding round, hassle free, cos they had full size number plates, standard cans, and new tht the cops were too busy pulling bikers with little plates to ever bother them.

My almost brother-in-law’s mate out ran a copter once, or so he says. Helicopters do have a (relatively) low top speed and fast cars and bikes can beat them if they’ve got the grunt and the balls to ride that fast.

Allegedly Police helicopters are not allowed over Heathrow itself…I have personally seen them 100 ft above the southern perimiter road, but they cannot overfly the airport. However if you did do a runner into Heathrow [with a real & visible plate] then surely some of the million cameras there would record you and p-ed off plod would be sure to get hold of it and/or ring the Airport police and scramble cars to get you ?

Pub myths galore here…

Ok, the only place your likely to gain on a helicopter is a Motorway…i say gain not lose.

Some Maserati almost did it in Germany once travelling at an estimated 190/210mph but never lost the chopper…

As for Mr ghostie and outrunning a radio

well, do you just think we say “he’s gone left” and hope the rest of us can guess where you are?

no , we cover most points you would need to use to get clean away then let you come to us…usually you’ll dump the bike if you think you’ve lost the police which is fine by us, we don’t need to be picking up your smashed body thanks…and the bike gets recovered.

the block of flats scenario is the same, we’ll know who you are but won’t be able to prove it…but you’ll be watched like a hawk after that…wouldn’t like that would you.

Heathrow airport gives us priority to pursue a bike/car ESPECIALLY under the terrorism act…YOU may know your riding like a pratt because of some reason that is minor but if you fail to stop and head for an Airport…well you could be packed to the eyebrows with explosives as far as we are concerned…

Police aren’t allowed to pursue bikes.

That’s right they ‘suggest’ we don’t…‘follows’ are permitted though

people that run from Police are lowlife, they eventually get it wrong and end up hurting someone and it is NEVER them selves , usually innocents.

So, anyone in here thinks it’s cool to outrun Police and fail to stop I think are clearcut scum and i’ll take great pleasure in telling that to your face as well…

no respect for human life.

Could the flip side of this be that ALL cops that give fines for silly little reason are SCUM and all things bad that happen to them are due to their own actions in the past towards helpful bikers? If a cop is unable to read the situation and act in a reasonable way then like the person that runs from the cop the end result should be the same for both! (I know some very good cops and do not hold them all at fault for the couple who dislike bike riders)

I’ve always been the person who would stop before racing off but I’ve had cops before talk sh1t to me for no reason other than to show they are the law and I have to live under their interpretation of the laws

But racing off to avoid a ‘talking too’, no matter how patronising and unwelcome it may or may not be, seems a trifle over the top to me.

But then again, I ain’t got the skills or the cojones to pull a runner. But I can’t wheelie or stoppie either so chances of ‘copping’ for summat serious are limited.

Outrunning a chopper sounds impossible unless you can get 100 miles of clear empty motorway, oh hang on, you’d be outta petrol then so…

Running makes for entertaining stories, but please people, lets keep them as stories eh? Try not to get into a situation where you need to run and let’s keep it safe.

a vehicle chase does not justify an injury. it is not worth damaging a human life.

it’s a balance of the need to immediately stop a suspect against the risks of a pursuit.