Knee down on a CBR

indeed its very easy to get carried away on track…or lose concetration for a second…yeah there are no cars, evryones going the same way, less things to hit if you do come off, but it is still as dangerous as a quite out of the way roundabout, the track is NOT the anwser to every riding problem be it KD or other…

i know people and have heard many stories of wrecked bikes and bashed up riders from trackdays and getting carried away…trackdays are great fun, BUT they are not always teh anwser to sorting out your riding, and i dont buy the ‘its safer’ line…being airlifted from a track after an off is not safe is it…

if you wanan stay ‘safe’ dont ride a bike, simple as.

RANT OVER

how about that kid trying to KD on his step through with tyres skinnier than a push bike’s…

he ALMOST got it.

wherre? i seen someone do it on C90…then they dropped it:w00t::smiley:

indeed its very easy to get carried away on track…or lose concetration for a second…yeah there are no cars, evryones going the same way, less things to hit if you do come off, but it is still as dangerous as a quite out of the way roundabout, the track is NOT the anwser to every riding problem be it KD or other…

i know people and have heard many stories of wrecked bikes and bashed up riders from trackdays and getting carried away…trackdays are great fun, BUT they are not always teh anwser to sorting out your riding, and i dont buy the ‘its safer’ line…being airlifted from a track after an off is not safe is it…

if you wanan stay ‘safe’ dont ride a bike, simple as.

RANT OVER

[/quote]

its very scary on track innit rus, all the people over taking ya, riding close together, getting into your kd line:rolleyes::stuck_out_tongue:

its very scary on track innit rus, all the people over taking ya, riding close together, getting into your kd line:rolleyes::stuck_out_tongue:
[/quote]

not really, first time out it is, but ya soon settle in…

ride close with people on the road, tho if im honest i only ride close to peopel i trust and know…others get a wide berth…

tho you do get twats on trackdays…liek thos who pas youi jst to pass you, for there ego, then they brake into corners, making the rider behind have to slow or sit the biek up…*****s me right off;)

anyway compared to jostling to be first through the gap in traffic in rush hour on euston road is far far more scary…belive me;) espcially since time is money:D

err sorry riding on track IS a lot safer than the road fellas…

IDK 2 or 3 people have been killed on Trackdays in the last 10 years…

how many on the road?

Wasn’t expecting that much backlash, Ratty I don’t care what you say mate, the track is a safe place to learn the limits of your bike and your ability than the road.

Let me add some perspective to my original post. This is someone that is clearly new and wants to start to learn what their bike can do and improve their ability. As a result they are hardly likely to be in inters or fast groups, they’ll probably be in the less crazy novice group and being going slowly at first building up their pace.

I for one would rather run off into a gravel trap than over cook it on a bend or roundabout and hit a curb/car/lampost/fence etc. Much more likely to do more damage to youself and your bike. And if/when you do come off, at least they’ll have some medics to look over you instantly at the track.

Plus at the track there is the ability to get some professional tuition which just isn’t available hooning round a roundabout.

The track isn’t the answer for everything, but it’s one of the safer places to learn what your bike is capable of.

i’d agree with you on that mate:) always seems to hurt more on the road :hehe:

Cos you get failed for putting a foot down on the u-turn in module 1 but it doesn’t say anything about a knee. :smiley:

I was wondering if you could get double kneedown in the swerve test…and what the examiner would think of that!

+1:DEven though i haven’t been on track and haven’t tried to get my knee down (or even been out on the bike lately:w00t:), however, track is the safest place to do it. I have had so many experienced riders enforce this point to me as well.Good luck trying to get you knee down:D;)

Stevie should know, I think he has covered every possible permutation when it comes to the swerve test. :stuck_out_tongue:

Mine went down on my first trackday (Brands). Did the first session without hanging off the bike, just to build confidence and learn which way the track went :wink: Next session after warming the tyres I hung off a bit and down she went, bit of an anti-climax realy…

Never bothered even trying to go for it on a road, rather go for a good ride down a nice country road than lap a roundabout dozens of times :cool:

But i guess thats easy to say since i’ve already popped my cherry :wink:

Technique isnt that hard, plenty of instructions/videos out there i’m sure. Basically hang off, hang off lots- you want 1/2 a cheek left on the seat. When shifting your body across make sure it actually slides across the seat, dont rotate your bum around (i.e pivioting around your groin) otherwise your body ends up pointing diaganally across the tank - you want it inline with the bike… then stick ya knee out :cool: then its just a case of having the confidence to lean it :wink:

i know where yout coming from i done if the other week on my sv from what ive learnt dont force it take your time get use to leaning. check the wear on your tyres to see if you are leaning enough. have the balls of your feet on the pegs to reduce toe down. ride around like that and get use to it you cant expect to do loads of new things and get it right. then once you feel ready get into position and it will happen but make sure the roads are dry