Knee down on a CBR

but seriously though is there REALLY anything wrong with talking about getting your knee down?
I mean this IS a bike forum.

I see were Alex is coming from…

If it involves breaking the law, why give them an advantage… its better to be safe than sorry…

As in the end it’s going to be them who get the final laugh…

But only the location should be kept discreet

ok well i stand corrected, considering the advice was aimed at you.

BUT…it’s only a bit of KD it’s not armed robbery.

In my opinion, no…you never know when a pedantic copper will decide otherwise though!

Of course doing it on a deserted roundabout is one thing…another reason not to post the location on the internet, so you don’t get every idiot in the area homing in on it! :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s also worth thinking if you’re trying to learn to do it that if it does go tits up and you damage someone else/their car/whatever, you’re not only paying out (probably from your own pocket) for the damages, but there is a chance however small you’ll get slapped with a dangerous driving charge too!

In summary the basic advice is go for it but do it in a quiet place, slow down if you see any traffic and don’t make it blatant (unlike some who went round the kew bridge/a316 roundabout on one knee right in front of a police car the other day…luckily I they got away with it)

And BTW at this particular location it’s not only KD, there’s a lovely bend you can get KD on but you have to be doing double the speed limit :w00t:

hmmmmmmm you sound like a policeman!!!

yes and yes to them two:D

its legal technically, but they dont often like to see it. its like sticking two fingers up at em.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4smim2MNvF8 :wink:

you’ve lost me you must be then !
c’mon be honest!
my enemy is the taliban mate

Then don’t do it, I seriously doubt that you need to
KD has a lot more with body position, trust in the grip of you tires and throttle control than excessive lean angle.
Now why don’t you book yourself a track day in the novice group and go find out what our bike is capable off.

As far as legality, as long as you stay within the speed limit, nothing wrong with KD on public road and no is it not considered as dangerous riding unlike wheelies!!!

Reality is it must me easier to KD on a CBR 125 than on almost any other so just take it easy, get your arse off the seat and lean further and further progressively so that you 1 warm up the side of your tires and get some confidence.

I guaranty that you are going to bin it if you try that so make sure your fully comprehensive insurance is up to date before you carry on with that non sense:D

The taliban have never done anything to me…

Anyway the point I was trying to make was if you consider what the police would be thinking you’re less likely to get caught

how about hanging off AND leaning the bike…

:wink:

enough said fella from your first comment

Went on my first ride out on saturday on my CG125 - came round a corner faster than I intended and ended up scraping my tod along the ground. My mate with me told me that I could have leaned it much further without it going over - and that the tyre’s will grip really far round - so no problem if I was to want to get my knee down (but seeing as I’ve only been riding 6 weeks that scared the cr*p out of me enough anyway! :blink:

im shure you can get your knee now on a CBR 125 but you may get the pegs down first.

theres not that much ground clearance on them…

you know what they say practice makes perfect…

do a search and you will find many knee done threads so dont worry bout posting about it…

and now let the knee down picture whoring commence!!

what a load of ******…

trackdays are *slightly * safer, you can still stack it and can still hurt ya self quite badly, i wish peope would stop thinking the track is best place for everything cos its nice and safe…BECUASE IT IS NOT.

there are hundreds of roundabouts…pick a nice smooth surfaced one, check it out first for any bumps, gravel or oil/diesel… warm your tyres up, feeling them by hand they should feel warm to touch, then its a case of practise…its not that hard to kd, ask alex g, he can do it now, theres not much to it bar some balls and some confidence.:wink:

btw CBR125 tyres are very skinny so go easy, gently does it, and ignore what you see others doing on the internet, bar the instructional videos.

i blame ADZ!!!:smiley:

KD may not be illegal but i wouldnt go doing it infront of od bill…i KNOW the dont liek it;) and keep your kd spots to ya self;)

Attachments

DSC_0160-2--8589534053635610245.jpg

i agree ratty a track is just as dangerous . when the red mist rises it frightfully rises