Kawasaki J300 Special Edition Stolen Today!

Hello guys,

My Kawasaki J300 Special Edition was stolen from my place this morning. It is located near Gipsy Hill Station, postcode SE19.

It was last seen last night and the alleged timing of the crime is between 1-7am.

The bike is matt black/grey with green stripes with its registration number LB66YCW.

Just literally bought this scooter brand new exactly 1 week ago and it got stolen. it is so frustrating and saddening. This incident definitely compelled me to not want to own a motorcycle in London.

If anyone has any information or whereabouts on the scooter, kindly contact me Han, at 07784667916 or inform the police. You could also contact me at [email protected]

If the bike was to be recovered through any help here, I promise to offer you a little token of reward.

Attachments

That sucks mate really does.

We’ll all keep an eye out for you.

Hey thanks a lot for the response. I appreciate it as the wounds are still fresh. Cheers buddy.

It is like a nightmare, especially you invested almost 5k with gears and not even 1 week and then you had a rude awakening. Waking up and seeing out of the window and your machine no longer there…:frowning:

It would be back to cycling and taking the trains again. Thought I could stop using it. I guess not.

Jeez, that’s shit.
I’ll keep an eye out for it, I’m over in SE22

Thanks nivag ! Cheers.

bad news.

did you have any locks on it? 

I must say this is the type of bike those scumbags bike jackers use, wouldnt be surprised if you see you bike on news involved in a bike jacking!

Will keep an eye out for it mate, really sorry this happened, its a shitty feeling!

its probably the same  2 thieves i keep seeing round bromley  , just seen them go past my house on a sh125 black 07 plate , no helmets

and a backpack on pillion rider (battery angel grinder?) its like they go out shopping !!!  

Attachments

Yes I had a lock, but it is a generic Oxford one. I was too naive and did not went for full protection on my bike like installing a GPS tracker, investing on a £140 Allmax chain because this is my first time owning a motorcycle in London, UK. I am from Singapore and back home, bike theft is not as prevalent or rampant as I know now in London. 

This kind of sight really makes me sick and have no faith in humanity. You have blatant crooks parading themselves like as if it is perfectly normal to do so in broad day light and the authorities, are not doing enough at all to curb/deter this type of behaviour. This just shows how impotent and not serious the police are, in battling motorcycle thefts. 

It hurts us the most, common hardworking law abiding people who try to make an honest living here in the city. I think we need to start a petition, write to our MPs, stage protest and most likely band together and form our own watch/patrol groups and take matters into our hands. I have found this website with like minded people who have had enough with this kind of audacity. I think they are trying to create something against these scumbags. http://ukmtp.co.uk/

Yes I had a lock, but it is a generic Oxford one. I was too naive and did not went for full protection on my bike like installing a GPS tracker, investing on a £140 Allmax chain because this is my first time owning a motorcycle in London, UK. I am from Singapore and back home, bike theft is not as prevalent or rampant as I know now in London. 
This kind of sight really makes me sick and have no faith in humanity. You have blatant crooks parading themselves like as if it is perfectly normal to do so in broad day light and the authorities, are not doing enough at all to curb/deter this type of behaviour. This just shows how impotent and not serious the police are, in battling motorcycle thefts. 
It hurts us the most, common hardworking law abiding people who try to make an honest living here in the city. I think we need to start a petition, write to our MPs, stage protest and most likely band together and form our own watch/patrol groups and take matters into our hands. I have found this website with like minded people who have had enough with this kind of audacity. I think they are trying to create something against these scumbags. http://ukmtp.co.uk/
HanYanYoong
sorry you paid the price of owning a scooter in london , unfortunately trackers just get ripped out and any lock just get cut with power tools, its got to be in a lock up and 

ground locked etc etc , i would advise you get a basic motorcycle 250 - 500 , scooters are just to risky now in london. 

hopefully you get it back !!!

Choosing an Oxford over an Almax, or any other 16 mm or 19 mm chain, isn’t so naive. A bigger chain would only have held out for a minute or two more than the Oxford during a determined attack. Better security is more security, add a £50 to £60 disc lock, add a £10 to £15 rain cover. Remember, whatever you add, no matter how much you spend, if they want it they’ll have it. If you want the best possible chance of getting it back consider a tracker.

Its all about making your scooter a less attractive proposition than the scooter parked up around the corner.

Choosing an Oxford over an Almax, or any other 16 mm or 19 mm chain, isn't so naive. A bigger chain would only have held out for a minute or two more than the Oxford during a determined attack. Better security is more security, add a £50 to £60 disc lock, add a £10 to £15 rain cover. Remember, whatever you add, no matter how much you spend, if they want it they'll have it. If you want the best possible chance of getting it back consider a tracker.
Its all about making your scooter a less attractive proposition than the scooter parked up around the corner.
National Treasure
I've felt much more secure about my bike (since the old 125 got nicked) after moving up to a 600 and having both a disc lock and chain lock on it (both Oxford). I'm now of the school that if they nick it with all that on there then they've really worked for it and deserve to go for a ride. Of course they'll also have to work out how to use the choke though first. 

Sorry to hear your bad news.

Out of interest, what sort of punishment would the thieves get in Singapore ?

Longshanks 24 minutes ago - Quote Sorry to hear your bad news. Out of interest, what sort of punishment would the thieves get in Singapore ?
If you read up about crime and punishment in Singapore, you might be surprised to find that my country is a rather strict country. 

Here is a short entry for theft crime:

• Theft – Theft is committed when a person, intending to take dishonestly any movable property out of the possession of any person without that person’s consent, moves that property in order to effect the taking. The penalty for theft is imprisonment of up to three years, or a fine, or both. It is more common, however, for offenders to be charged with committing theft in a building, tent or vessel, which is used as a human dwelling, or for the custody of property. The penalty for this more serious offence is imprisonment of up to seven years, and also a fine.

How about the punishment for bike theft in the UK ? I have no clue, but let me guess. Somewhere between 1-3 years depending on how serious the theft is ? 

How about the punishment for bike theft in the UK ? I have no clue, but let me guess. Somewhere between 1-3 years depending on how serious the theft is ? 
HanYanYoong
with the uk law courts and prisons full of do gooders , a slap on the wrist and back out on the streets....... 
serrow1111xjr 15 minutes ago - Quote with the uk law courts and prisons full of do gooders , a slap on the wrist and back out on the  streets...... 

What ?! No wonder these young people/teenagers have so much life ahead of them to keep re-offend. If the authority does not take this seriously and enact stern punishment, all the troubled kids would just treat this as a game and terrorise people on the streets. 

Utterly shambles. We need to get our voices and plight heard.

Sorry to hear of your loss.

Sadly a maxi scooter and only basic security is asking for trouble in London these day.

For your next ride just get something cheap if you cannot garage and ground anchor it.

Fingers crossed you get it back

Thanks Hold Da Kæft.

Unfortunately I had to learn the lesson this way. 

The next bike would be an old under £800 machine that gets me from point A to B. That is it.