Kawasaki J300 Special Edition Stolen Today!

you will still need to lock it , i had a cheap kymco 125 like scooter , worth about £900 and they broke steering lock , lucky disc lock saved it.

the bike i’ve had no problems with is a yamaha xv250 , they don’t seem interested in chopper styled bikes…  

you will still need to lock it , i had a cheap kymco 125 like scooter , worth about £900 and they broke steering lock , lucky disc lock saved it.
the bike i've had no problems with is a yamaha xv250 , they don't seem interested in chopper styled bikes..  
serrow1111xjr
Thanks for the advice. I might just get that Yamaha XV250 mate. Cheers.

Sorry to hear about your bike. Almax still cuts like butter via a grinder…

Sorry to hear about your bike. Almax still cuts like butter via a grinder... R1 Frank
Looks like nothing can deter your bike from being stolen once they thieves have made up their minds. I guess the only thing is to have an armed guard next to your machine :).

^ even those can be paid off by the thieves

^ even those can be paid off by the thieves Hold Da Kæft
Oh yeah, I have forgotten that in these age, money buys you everything. XD

Including a new bike

I have some Filipino in my background and my dad tells me that this would not go on for so long there.
It may happen a few times but once the community around learns they will literally beat the shit or kill these scumbags if caught.
And yes they do call the cops…after they are bleeding and dying on the pavement…vigilantism at its best…or worst.  Can get very brutal but thieves think twice.

I have some Filipino in my background and my dad tells me that this would not go on for so long there. It may happen a few times but once the community around learns they will literally beat the shit or kill these scumbags if caught. And yes they do call the cops.....after they are bleeding and dying on the pavement......vigilantism at its best...or worst.  Can get very brutal but thieves think twice.
Dingo-Biker
Yea man. It all else fail and the cops decided to totally not give a shit, then we have to defend ourselves. At the end of the day, as much as we are confined within the boundaries of law and order, but if that cease to work, then we need to take things to our own hands to protect ourselves. 

I have some Filipino in my background and my dad tells me that this would not go on for so long there. It may happen a few times but once the community around learns they will literally beat the shit or kill these scumbags if caught. And yes they do call the cops.....after they are bleeding and dying on the pavement......vigilantism at its best...or worst.  Can get very brutal but thieves think twice.
Dingo-Biker
All we need is for the police policy makers to let the police on the streets go after these bike thieves, if they are not wearing a crash helmet then they are out to evade being 

caught , so to bad if they crash and die ? what next a bank robber has a knife in his pocket and police cant chase him in case he falls and stabs himself.

the uk has gone mad with health and safety…    

Welcome to 2005 serrow

I mentioned in another thread recently after speaking to a bike cop. He was explaining that only after a spate of thefts a policy for a mandatory 6 month jail term was introduced. This curbed that particular theft problem.

This is not yet happening with bike related thefts. Who knows why.

But totally agree it’s the policy makers that we need to influence on this one.

So I got a letter from the Met Police yesterday saying that my stolen scooter case was closed and it was dated as the same date as the day I made the report. Bravo to them, it clearly shows they do not care and refuse to do F-all about motorcycle theft. 

I heard that the police caught some motorcycle thieves at Morden from a post taken twitter: 

Tweeted at 4am

@MPSMerton: Officers on a motorcycle crime operation have arrested 3 males found with suspected stolen motorcycles in the back of a van in<a href=“https://www.facebook.com/hashtag/morden?source=feed_text&story_id=640571469476504” class="_58cn" data-ft="{" tn":"*n",“type”:104}"="">#Morden. BH

So I called 101 and enquire about the case and also quoted my crime number and explain to them about my recent motorcycle theft report. I asked may I know if the motorcycle found was a Kawasaki and I was told in a rude and dismissive way “No. We cannot provide you with any information of this nature due to Data Protection Rule”. Great job Met Police.

Sadly it depends on your borough. Some are brilliant, some are okay and the others meh.

Sadly it depends on your borough. Some are brilliant, some are okay and the others meh. Hold Da Kæft
the "data protection" shit applies everywhere :(

Hmmm there’s the freedom of information act.

I was referring more to the actions of police following up thefts rather than the date protection act bollocks