I've been knocked off

Hope you heal quick and the driver does not decide to change her story.

At least you’re pretty much in one piece mate, just look after that shoulder and those nadgers :smiley:

Sorry about the bike, I always thought she was absolutely beautiful. Means you can get something new and even more spectacular now though. Maybe a new Ninja with Akras and covered in smiley faces? :stuck_out_tongue:

oye fella lucky break there. MCE saw me well n sorted my stuff out after last years accident…even so im still waiting for the final finish, should be now some time. Rest up n you’ll be on a new one soon

Ouah…scary pics!! as you said you dont need to be speeding to get hurt…that’s the drawback of with riding a bike I guess. About the insurance, same thing happened to me more or less about a month ago (just bruises) and I decided to claim through a company called RTR, not the insurance. The reason being that the girl I had on the phone at NIG was so unpleasant and unconcerned that I thought I rather deal with people that care about me, for whatever reason…Yes it’s another company involved meaning more paperwork and so on BUT their sollicitors are much more agressive in terms of what I can get out of it, really organised and yeah they know how to do the business. basically the bike has been written off meaning I am getting cash in hand even if it is repairable for not much let’s say…

Anyway, it was just an idea. If you feel like your insurance won’t get you enough then you know what to do! Good luck with everything, rest well.

Feel for you man! Get well soon!

Got in a similar accident a yearr ago and i just just got full payment abt 2 months ago.

You deffo win the case, just don’t accept the 1st offer and claim for everything, leathers, helmet etc, even if you don’t have personal effects cover you can still claim via using another company :smiley:

Need any info jus gv me a holler;)

Get well soon mate, suffering from a broken collar bone too so feel your pain!

Jay, that’s such crappy news. Hope you heal quickly dude!

Sorry to hear this Jay, your bikes always rock. Hope you feel better soon, don’t forget physio on the shoulder when you’re ready Q

Hope you heal quickly Jay. :slight_smile:

:crazy: Arghhhh bus lanes, I hate using them just for this very reason. :pinch:

Unlucky dude!

Hope the claim goes through all easy and that :smiley: shame about the bike, but agree that the VW looks relatively unscathed!!

Best wishes for a speedy recovery Jay, hope all goes well.

Glad you are not seriously injured but make sure that you make an injury claim as well…and get a replacement bike while your is out of action…there’s nothing like £350 a week in bike rental charges to focus the other side’s insurance co and get them to sort everything out very quickly…

sorry to read this jay, glad ur ok. Crap after you got all that work done on the bike. what you going for next?

Thanks all!

I’m despondent about it as I know no payment is forthcoming, but the DRZ should be returning to life shortly (Adz is coming round tomorrow), so I’ll use that once I’m fit enough to ride. At the moment I still have trouble working.

i think you mispelt that last word mate :wink:

This is near to being resolved now. The third party has admitted 100% liability and has offered private physiotherapy as my shoulder still isn’t right. I’ll have to attend some private medical inspections to assess the injury as I’m claiming for personal-injury. I’m a little concerned there will be lasting damage, so it seems worth chasing this properly.

Waiting for a cheque on the bike as well, but it’s agreed so should be on the way soon.

Pleased to hear this, Jay, except for the shoulder, but you’re doing exactly the right thing getting it properly sorted now. Hopefully the private treatment will resolve that problem :cool:

Get well soon!..Never nice kissing the tarmac like that! Been there…done that…(No abseiling on the cards then) Good excuse to upgrade the bike though.:smiley:

+1

What Stifler’s mom said :wink:

One of the reasons you will be asked to see an independent medical expert is so that if there is likely to be any long term damage, this will form part of his prognosis and will assist your solicitor to assess the quantum (value of your claim).

Once the other side admits liability, they are actually duty bound to assist you in returning to your pre crash condition (or at least as close as possible), so it is normal procedure for them to offer private medical treatment at their expense.

As far as everyone saying “Don’t accept the first offer!” please do not listen to them, listen to the experts who are handling your claim.

No two accidents are the same, and whilst one person may have received X amount for their injury, that does not mean you are going to get the same amount.

People who are unconnected with the legal side of crashes are always keen to offer well meaning advice and the reality is that their advice is based on guesswork rather than fact.

Your insurers or solicitors cannot accept any offer without first consulting and advising you of any offer made. If they think the offer is derisory, they will advise you to reject the offer and make a counter part 36 offer.

If you choose to ignore your solicitors advice, then you run the risk of going to trial and losing a substantial amount.

Listen to your legal advisors, not well meaning amateurs