Is my blood stone cold or what

Think I’m going to see about getting heated gloves, if I get them it will probably make the weather turn warmer. :slight_smile:

As a sufferer of very cold hands, hence one of the reasons that I try not to ride too much in the winter, I have just purchased a trionz bracelet. Will let you know if it makes any difference

Dont think it will make difference to cold hands as such? But if youve got aches etc, for me, and few others that bought one, they work?

Couldn’t see evidence on website for Trionz curing cold hands, does it say somewhere and I’ve missed it?

ha ha, thats what i just said diddle i ? :stuck_out_tongue:

No i was just stating about things id bought and that was one of the ones that worked for me !! :w00t:

I got it for the aches and pains…cold and age is catching up with me

i had muffs on my gsx250 years or so ago went for 1 ride and took them off as i cant use the controls properly and my hands keep getting stuck they was also pushing on my front brake leaver hum?and now i cant be asked with them or fit moto x type gaurds to knock the wind off:w00t:

Used my muffs for the first time on my commute today. They put my full beam on. Don’t feela s safe with them on but perhaps I will get used to them…but as hands are still cold they’re not the total answer anyway.

yer thats wot i mean and made it harder for me to op the clutch etc! so lost em i will never have them again lol:D TRY HEATED INNER GLOVES MUCH BETTER.not that i have any i just stick it out and freeeze

Since I lopped the top of my right index finger off (sewn back on) I’ve really been affected by the cold in this finger. It’s like someone sets fire to the end of it – absolute agony.

As part of my efforts to keep my hands warm in the winter I looked at every aspect of what I was doing. I’ve got heated grips and now hand guards but I was making the school boy error of getting my bike out and starting it without gloves on. I’d come in, finish getting my gear on, by which time the bike was off choke and I was away – but the finger tips particularly were getting cold within minutes (before I added the hand guards).

I now stand my gloves on the radiator to get as much warmth in them as possible, get completely togged up in all my layered winter gear, put on the gloves and then go get the bike out. Even without the handguards I reckon I got another 10 to 15 minutes riding before the pain set in.

I hope that helps.

Heres a link to the gloves i mentioned: http://www.gerbings.co.uk/gerbings_signiature_glove.html :slight_smile:

They look good but I fancy ones you can charge

Alta-ego I’ve thought this through logicaly, step by step and I keep coming to the same conclusion.

I think your already dead. It’s just that no one has got around to telling you yet.

They do heated liners, heated textile waterproof gloves and heated leather gloves.
In the liners the heating element doesn’t curl over the tip of the finger onto the palm side, it does go all the way down the back of the fingers though.
In the gloves the heating element goes all the way down the back of the hand and fingers and curls over your fingertips. They dont heat your palms but that would be unnecessary and probably cause sweaty palms!
I bought the waterproof textile ones - they were last years mens range that I got at the NEC. I felt the ladies ones had short fingers.
Oh and yes they do heat your thumbs! :slight_smile:

There are disposable heating elements you can put underneath your gloves. I don’t think they are that much (think £1 a GO) and they last for ages. I saw them in the snowboarding shop in Covent Graden, as they are used for snow sports… but don’t see why you can’t use them for your bike…

most of the ones ive seen are quite fat/thick so they wouldnt fit in the glove

found this :

http://www.gizoo.co.uk/Products/TravelLeisure/Outdoor/handWarmers.htm

they look small enough and claimed to be reusable. you just boil them to bring to original state…

I’m surpirsed they are so big… you have to put them underneath your gloves for snow sports…

Could also try the extreme option of going to get surgery. My supervisor had it done were they cut certain nerves to help manitain a better circulation… or give up the cigs and go down the gym??:w00t::wink:

Damn, the realisation is hard to handle.

I’ve also got Raynauds but ride all year round. I have heated Warmthru gloves which are battery powered. Whilst I can’t say they’re piping hot, they are warm enough to keep the chill off even in these temperatures. (Except for today when I forgot to turn them on before I drove off. The result was that my hands went numb on the drive home and stung like hell for ages when I got in. Doh!)

When there’s no “user error” they’re pretty good and the battery is good for around 1 hour at least before they need charging up again and even when they’ve run out the gloves are pretty thick anyway. I bought them new a year ago from fleabay for £75, elsewhere they were selling for £120ish.