I Resign..

wat ya gona get m8 a gily 4 stroke like mine or the 180 2stroke version.

awe ratty :crying: dont give up on the bikes yet tho…now uv just got more time to choose a proper bike :smiley:

my two pence would be to get urself down to P&H in Crawley n have a look around mate…huge showroom with pretty much most bikes in that u could want…new n second hand. Some tasty R6’s there too

you didn’t get any while you were test riding mine did ya fella!:w00t:

nooooooo dont panic!! was very late sat nite…silly really, copper could have show discreion…but he was a jobsworth C@NT…fukcing hate essex old bill…**** on em? i wouldnt even spit on them if they was on fire…

dunno yet mate, 180 2t would be good…tho i know someone thats got a speedfight 100 i might be having…we see init!

Maybe try something like this for winter. Fairly slow, so safer for the licence, but big grins.

too much money for a winter hack mate, good thought tho…:smiley:

i might tho…we see…

Wheres the fun in that, get a proper moto(as in one thats origionaly designed for off roading) not like driesie’s :stuck_out_tongue: or that piece of sh*te above

Ahh mate…Don’t let the points stop you.

I had 6 points before I even had a full licence :w00t:

In the space of four years I had an R6, then an R1 and I didn’t get any more points.

A 130 mph moment of indiscretion on a rideout was my only failing, but the officer soon put me right and advised me that I should stop when I see blue lights in my mirrors. I was lucky to receive nil points.

I never broke excess speed laws again (when the Police were present) so it can be done :wink: .

hey dude,

how did you have 6 beofre you had a full licenece?? how does it work…can you get 6 points…then if you get caught again its tiem out…? or is it how i think it is…ie 3 points get another 3 and your out?

I got 6 points for being a knobber when I had a scooter.

That ment for the first two years of having a full licence, I had to ride like a saint because anymore points and I’d have to do my CBT and take my licence test again.

After those two years, then any more points would just add up like normal until the allowed 12.

After 3 years, any new points would not be totalled up. I would still have 9 points, but the old points would expire after the 4 years were up, so I would be left with 3.

Luckily I got no more points after I received my initial 6. Guess I learnt my lesson, by paying stupid figures to insure bikes.

ah so im allowed up to 6…i thought it was as soon as you reach 6 your banned? is that right?

there is hope yet…see im thinking now is the wrong time to nbe getting an R6…being winter and all…so im a get a scooter…trouble is i’m worse on a scooter than a big bike! so easy to misbehave on one…can ya get points for wheelies:D

I thought the DRZ was derived from a dirt bike?And you’re right, mine is just a wannabe moto, but then if I rode a KTM, I wouldn’t get to work half the time, and at my current prediction of 10-12k miles per year I’d probably go through 2 engine re-builds each year and may as well buy industrial quantities of oil!How many miles did you ride again this weekend? I think I did about 170 on Sunday :PRatty, I’m not sure how much these bikes go second hand, but I would have thought you could pick up a lower cc moto for a similar price to a decent Gillera second hand?

You can get up to 6 points in the first two years of having a full car or bike licence…Anymore and it’s extended retest time.

You could argue that now is the perfect time to be buying an R6 because autumn / winter is when sports bikes go cheap. It’s when I’ve bought mine and I’ve always got bargains.

I’d wait till middle of November (when stressed Daddy needs to buy his brats presents for Christmas in credit crunch times) to buy.

You can get points on any bike mate. My points arguably made me a more conscious and careful rider, or maybe I was just lucky :smiley:

dude you have enlightened me! thanks man;)

yeah true…i cant insure one till payday…R6 in east londoin…un-insured…not wise…:wink:

plu si have an opertaion on thursday, two weeks recovery…after that im a go get me one, even if it has to live in a agrage till better days…wil get a scoot to run around on while i sort me self an R6…or if i can get teh one i have been lookign at i might see if teh shop can store it for me?

I’d just buy it when you have the funds and all the security (that you’re deffo gonna need) in place mate.

Also, I’d get one from a private seller if it was me. There are tons of R6s about and they’re good reliable bikes, so just go with a mate that knows about bikes and check out a few clean examples.

Save the extra cash you’d pay at a dealership to get the suspension set up and that Leo Vince / Micron exhaust you’ll be needin’ :laugh:

wouldn’t let the weather bother you ratty - gives you time to learn to be smooth on it before you ring its neck in the new year…on track!

I find around christmas is the best time to buy a bike, if you have cash and some patience some really good deals come up. There is also less competition for customers as most of them are on holiday, broke or dont ride during winter.

yeah true…i need to sort my sv out first then get me op over with, then i can get one!:smiley:

i have found a perfect one…has extras already…i want it!!

I wouldnt worry about getting points - I’ve been banned for speeding & had 10 points all BEFORE I got a bike & touch wood, since I’ve had my bike I havent had any points & I do like to make progress :smiley: