I could Cry!!!

if you dont mind may i ask what insurance company was it? MCE? Carol Nash?

And how did they auction? Ebay SurreyMCSalvage? By any chance?

It was Through a Brokers, Allen & Allen. It was auctioned through an Auction House in Horsham

oo ok as know a load of people that had they bike sold without there knowledge after theft or accident by MCE or Carol Nash… they get 4th Dimension to do that assessment and repairs who they also own and then if they offer it back is at a higher figure like 15/20% from memory of value which not everyone takes so then they buy it for 10% of value and then sell to SurreyMCsalvage on ebay who then sells it and makes a mint who is also owned by 4th Dimension 

is a proper Monopoly they have there are fuckers 

infact i think Ink from here saw her bike up for sale on ebay before she had even been offered it back after accident or paid out 

That why i work with Mccams for Accident claims much better service and dont want your bike 

sorry if i ask a stupid question, but is it not counter productive not to ask the formal owner first?  its more likely to try everything to get its bike back even if there is a price to be paid?  

Thats what i thought, I would’ve snapped it up at the price they let it go for, I’d hate to think what the insurers gave it to the Auction house for

I must admit I thought the KTM had been knicked when I saw the title of this thread…

I must admit I thought the KTM had been knicked when I saw the title of this thread... Abzero
Ditto

Don’t really get what the issue is here… Yes your bike got stolen but you had insurance, got paid out and now it turns up after how long since it’s been stolen as a recovery. You’re gutted about the fact it’s been recovered and sold to someone else? 

Personally I wouldn’t be, you should be sitting pretty with your payout and another bike!? Loooool…

Don't really get what the issue is here... Yes your bike got stolen but you had insurance, got paid out and now it turns up after how long since it's been stolen as a recovery. You're gutted about the fact it's been recovered and sold to someone else? 

Personally I wouldn’t be, you should be sitting pretty with your payout and another bike!? Loooool…

JAX
With the payout, come increased insurance costs because of being a victim of theft.

But I can recognise the sentimentalism… he lost his bike just as he made it the way he wanted, before having a chance to play on it properly…

Don't really get what the issue is here... Yes your bike got stolen but you had insurance, got paid out and now it turns up after how long since it's been stolen as a recovery. You're gutted about the fact it's been recovered and sold to someone else? 

JAX
you get attached to your bike & to have it stolen from you is bad enough but to find out its been recovered & someone else has it is a bitter pill to swallow
Sam personalised his bike to suit him & not for someone else

As above really.
The bike was my labour of love, I now have a KTM that although I enjoy it, its not a blade! Why wouldnt I want it back at the same price i paid for a 14 year old KTM??

Orange Honda

still looked gay to me lol

If I had been given the option to buy back then I would have been paid out for it and got it back and been £3k better off with the same bike, its not exactly hard to understand why I wanted it back

Lol

If I had been given the option to buy back then I would have been paid out for it and got it back and been £3k better off with the same bike, its not exactly hard to understand why I wanted it back Marmablade
Don't think you're getting what I'm saying - If I was in your sito and had option to buy the bike back of course I would but since you didn't and looking at how things panned out - you're sitting pretty... Get a new blade with the payout money?

It wasn’t just a blade, it’s been a work of months with customized paint work and such.

I don’t think you get it, how am I sitting pretty??? I lost out massively, I cannot replace my bike with the money they paid out! I had £800 excess, my policy owed £300 and they paid me £500 less than the bike was worth. So all in all I am £1600 down and not got a blade! I then had to clear tge finance owed so I came out with £2500 from the payout, I cant buy a bike like it with the money as the finance payments almost doubled as I need to finance another £1600 extra as that is how much out of pocket I am, my stolen bike sold at auction for £2800 so I couldve bought it back and not had any finance and still had the same bike!!

Now do you get why im upset?

Its not as straightforward as you think. I didn’t come out as well as you think. I lost massively and my insurance premium has rocketed as I now have zero no claims

Sam - Absolutely gutted for you mate.

My brother had a similar envelope delivered. After spending 3 years building a Dutton Phaetom back in the 80’s (his absolute pride an joy) he decided to sell it and move onto project number 2 …

The chap he sold it to was into track racing (Brands Hatch I seem to remember). Anyway some month later David got a large envelope … it contained several A4 photographs of the said Dutton wrapped around, over and under some barrier at the race track. CAR TOTALLED. First and only time I saw him cry …

I am contemplating asking him to give me first refusal when it comes to selling it