I could Cry!!!

Try French women…

To be honest, The KTM is serious fun, i love taking it Over the Green lanes and it is a proper grin on the Back Wheel 90% of the time, but i REALLY miss the speed of the blade and now the weather is picking up i am going to miss doing the big rideouts.on the Blade but that will be eased with BCR’s

Howdy Sam. I feel for you buddy. I guess there’s a learning curve in this for all of us; that if we’re offered a pay out from an insurance company, that we make it a condition that if recovered, we get first offer on a found bike.

On balance a good move by the new owner. Imagine if someone spotted it and gave him a lynching. Best to let you know it’s out there.

Just about to say what WiG said - if its spotted you wont think its the thieves. Still a shit letter to get though

hadn’t thought of that re:theft, good shout and I stand corrected

Where or how do you find out about these auctions ,seems like a good place to buy next track bike.

if something like my blade came up again for that price i would buy 2 of them!! it had a £600 exhaust, £500 BAZZAZ unit & Quickshifter, £200 Custom Map so if you take all that into account he paid £1500 for the Bike!! what hurt me the most is the price he paid, not the fact it wasn’t offered to me. It needs a new ECU, Lock Set, Rear Tyre and Tank Cover so about £1,000 worth of bits and once that’s done its an £8k bike for under £4k!!! (I feel Sick)

Ouch mate, that’s a real blow. But good advice from all the guys here. And I agree - love what you’ve got, not what you don’t :slight_smile:

My that’s real crap news, gutted for you…

Yep I would agree it’s the price he got it for is frustrating ,would it be registered as stolen and recovered and become a category c or d,or would it all appear as nothing has ever happened to this bike.

http://www.asm-autos.co.uk/ is one of the auctions

On the plus side Sam judging by the way you described the bike being recovered I doubt you would have wanted to ride it again. Still piss poor performance from the insurance.

On the plus side Sam judging by the way you described the bike being recovered I doubt you would have wanted to ride it again. Still piss poor performance from the insurance. silveR6
Don't think they would've ridden it any harder than i did lol.

Plus for the money i would 100% have had it back as i could’ve done it up and sold it on at a profit then got another one! :slight_smile:

I’m confused. How is the bike back on the road after if was recorded as stolen? surely the DVLA would block anyone applying for a new V5 on that basis?

I'm confused. How is the bike back on the road after if was recorded as stolen? surely the DVLA would block anyone applying for a new V5 on that basis? me_groovy
Stolen / Recovered
True... But wouldn't you prefer to head to a smooth section rather than a rough old patch? ;-) benedictireland
I'm confused. How is the bike back on the road after if was recorded as stolen? surely the DVLA would block anyone applying for a new V5 on that basis? me_groovy
What else do you expect the insurance company to do with it once they've bought it?
What else do you expect the insurance company to do with it once they've bought it? Big Red S
theres a spare plinth on triangular square

ah I see, I missed the fact it was recovered by them