Honda VFR800 V-TEC 2002

Not trying to cause trouble or offend you, but I just looked at bike trader to see what VFR’s were available for the same kind of money and honestly you have it priced to high - for £100 more I could buy one with 28000 miles on an 03 reg and same model, for £350 more I could get one with FSH and 26000 miles 1 owner… Yours is not the best condition from the photos (some of the previous models look cleaner) & has over 80000 miles - who wouldn’t choose one similar with the low miles when your advert shows them they can get 50000 miles out of the bike? If you want an honest value of your bike, take it to 2/3/4 dealers and get them to value it, add on 5-10% in an honest valuation for private sale conditions if you were buying and that is roughly your actual value! If you were trading it in then you would probably get a grand for it as the dealer would take a hit on it and move a little of the profit from the bike you were buying to make it appear to be making even rather then a loss… This comes from previous bike selling/buying experience in the trade by the way!

I am of the opinion that for the money you stated you will get a bog standard vfr 800 yes i dont deny . But will you get one that has had the money spent on making it a better bike?
As i stated early on i know some would say the miles are high BUT these are capable of 250 K miles so in fact the engine is no where hear finished far from it.
This used to commute 160 a day to and from work all year round and for any bike to do that it has to be looked after properly and i know this was.
All of the goodies on this bike INCLUDING the Tri oval end cans cost money. I think that you are looking at this as a factory bike but its not it is set up as a full blown tourer.
The extras alone cost a grand seat was like £300 on its own. Rear wheel has been replaced and looks awesome Ape cam chain tensioners are not cheep.
This bike has had a lot of money spent on it. But hey thanks for your opinion.

Extras do not add on to the resale value of a 2nd hand bike. If you really think they do, you’ll be looking for that one in a million buyer who thinks the same.

^^Excatly^^ plus they were not standard bikes on Bike Trader, think you need to have a look yourself and make a new judgement on your price as it won’t sell otherwise. You should also never advertise your bike/car at the lowest price you are willing to take for it as EVERYONE will want some money off so price it slightly higher to make the buyer think they are getting a good deal when you give them some money off!

a bike with a custom seat means it’s custom to you. to anyone else it may be less comfortable than the stock one, I certainly wouldn’t view it as a plus point if I was buying.

Oh well if thats the case i will just keep it or part it out,

If you part out you will be left with odds and sods better to keep it

How much do you actually want for it Steve?

Would make a nice winter project for me but I don’t have much money.

As mentioned above those are your own accessories that you chose to fit to your bike, the cost of these can’t really be passed on as the next buyer might not want the accessories.

Yes, these bikes have proven to be able to ride out for 100,000 miles + but they also have expensive service intervals, and need to be cared for properly because of the complex valve system.

For 2grand, I’d prefer to get a bike with either a full service history or a considerably lower mileage.

Conrad with respect i am not willing to give it away i love this bike and feel that with whats been done to it . . . It will either get a buyer for around the asking price or my situation will change or i will break it. I have now decided to leave the Tri Oval system on it. Once insurance runs out it will go up the garden under cover till the spring then i will re evaluate the situation. I am no longer going to post on this so if anyone wants to make a serious offer do it through pm.
Cheers Steve

If you like the bike just keep it Steve!

Sounds like it’s much more value to you than anyone else… Keep it!

The offers you are receiving are serious, you seem to be ignoring the fact that the value of the bike differs between you who has owned the bike & has an attachment to the bike - compared with the person buying - who doesn’t and sees it as a high mileage bike that is not in the same condition as others for £1-400 more… Honestly, would you buy yours over the others advertised on bike trader/eBay??
If your this bothered about the value and price you want, then it doesn’t make any sense to say your going to break it… A year of continuous eBay/private ads to sell the parts hoping someone needs them and parts left over that in honesty would be near enough the same cost new… I don’t think you are looking at this realistically and that may be a subconscious thing as you really don’t want to sell it or you are being a bit naive. Either way good luck, but you may want to take all the previous replies into consideration and revise your thoughts on what to do with it/asking price!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2005-HONDA-VFR800-A-5-VTEC-VFR-800-BLUE-ABS-NEW-MOT-1-FORMER-OWNER-HPI-CLEAR-/110984838814?pt=UK_Motorcycles&hash=item19d7363e9e

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2003-HONDA-VFR-800-VTEC-/181024195061?pt=UK_Motorcycles&hash=item2a25e201f5

You should defo keep it Steve! You can’t really compete with current market price… Might be worth selling the exhaust system, MRA screen, plush seat etc separately to make a bit of cash… Then just set the bike up as a bog standard VFR and sel it like that…?

Reads very much like a house seller insisting his house is worth more than he has been offered, but here’s the thing…a house (or a motorbike) is only really worth what someone is willing to pay for it. Simples.

That said - it could well be worth more to you (all your personalised extras, you know it’s history) …in which case keep it :slight_smile:

Good luck either way.
BL

Bottom line is i have turned down £1500 BUT if someone can do £1700 pdq they can have. . . So act NOW! Must be this week though.

Really cant be arsed to break it. New pix and lowest price £1700

http://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-motorbikes/honda-vfr-800fa-2-silver-2002-quick-sale-as-i-need-a-van-bargain-1795/1005018115

Difficult one dude, that is a well used bike, if i was you i would break it! I think that kind of milage scares people on these!!

Looks like the previous owner is interested in buying it back for £1500 will see what happens. Quite frankly i should have just taken that when i had the offer lol.
Oh well we will see.