Honda NC700 test ride

I have a manual NC700S and normally get 80mpg…and have great fun doing so! At traffic lights it can thrash most RRRR’s even though this is not what the bike is made for. The power kicks in very early which is a delight. And you can get it up to 180 km/h which is definitely not boring, even though clearly illegal. If you want more power and more noise and you need to get to 100km in 3 seconds, this is not your bike, but where are you going in such a hurry???

blimey a load of nc700 fans coming out of the woodwork or is that honda’s marketing dept :slight_smile: [/puts on tinfoil hat]

Not sure about anyone else but makes me smile aplenty :slight_smile:

Depends on what the rider wants out of it.

The bike has really been selling well in the UK so i guess there will be a growing number of owners who want to offer up their opinion

I went and tried one again yesterday just to make sure. It was still slow and dull and made of cheap crap. And every other bike in the category kicks it in the ass. Fuel frugality and cheapness to run is not enough. I stand by my review

Hey NumNum if you hated it so much a while back I would not expect you to feel any different now to be honest after giving it another go.

The build quality is actually pretty good and you have to consider the bike is built to a budget. It certainly no worse than the SV650s i had and that was also a budget bike.

No the bike will never set your heart racing on acceleration.However once you know where the power band lies and how to make the best of what there is it has enough go to be fun on twisty roads. I much prefer the handling than on the SV as it is easier to lean into bends due to the lower C of G.

Have always said it is a sort of Marmite bike as you either love it or hate it. Look how popular Marmite is :slight_smile:

:D^^^^^^I love this post^^^^^^^:D

How well as it doesn’t appear on the industry association stats and I have been looking out for all three versions of the NC700 all year on my 125 miles a week of commuting and have seen exactly one NC700 in thousands of miles of commuting?

I’ve seen quite a number run by couriers actually. Seems to make sense for them I guess, cheap bike, low running costs, easy to ride…

No official figure for you and just going with the amount of new owners who are joining the NC forums.

They have not been on sale for more than a year with the S model being avaliable since about May and yet there is a lot more NC700 bikes on fuelly than the Mana which has been around a good while so obviously Honda got something right

The Mana is definitely a nice bike, but I also expect that Mana riders are less obsessed about fuel economy than NC700 riders. I don’t particularly have anything against the NC700s which is why I have been looking out for them as I was considering buying one of the autos until I bought my Mana two months ago.

Does the NC forum have a " nothing much to report " thread .?

owner143

Well today i was out on my NC700 and it was fine . :cool:

owner47

Thats amazing , mine was fine too :w00t:

owner14

Wow that was lucky , could have been much worse .

owner7

+1 My bike was fine too

owner77

No faults with mine it’s fine .

owner63

I saw a squirrel , i thought it might cause me some problems ,but it was fine .

owner213

Quote owner14

"Wow that was lucky could have been much worse "

Yeah , could have been like me !! , Burst bottle of buckwheat oil in my storage space !! .

owner98

I heard sometimes a fault can develope with the storage space . But a quick squirt with kithcen surface cleaner and a wipe with a rag sorts it .

owner63

That happened to me but it was milk , I was left stranded at the roadside till my wife came in the car and cleaned it up for me . I think NC owners should all carry their wifes phone number in the tool kit .

Owner33

I cleaned up my own storage fault using one of my socks and water from my drinking supply . Now carry a extra sock with me all the time .

owner113

@owner33 . stop being such a troll .

owner234

My bike was fine today .

Owner1 MODERATOR

Come on guys , kids might read this lets calm it down a bit !!! I am all for free speech and frank honest discussion but lets not get over excited . My bike was fine .

Owner61

Is there any warning signs for this storage space fault ? Is there something that the dealer can do ?

owner74

If I had known this I may not have bought my NC700 , I hope honda does a recall .

owner33

You can clean it up yourself if you have the right cloth and cleaner .

owner1 MODERATOR

OWNER33 consider this your final warning .

Have I test riden an NC700? yes!

Did I nearly buy one? yes! if it wasn’t for the ridiculous insurance quote as the bike hadn’t been officially launched I would have bought one as my first big bike.(honestly, 3K!! I’m 37 FFS)

Do I regret not owning one? No!

Do I still want one? No!

Do I care about fuel economy? yeah, sort of.

an NC700 does roughly twice the MPG of my bike, and it would make a far more sensible commuter, but…

I AM NOT SENSIBLE!

There was a problem with insurance at first I think as they were not sure how to classify it being a new concept. I paid 139 fully comp which i thought was not too bad

Out on my NC700X, nothing to report, happy owner.
I don’t measure MPG, never have seen the point, the faster you accelerate and ride the more fuel you use. But it is good.
Was at Wessons Horam, only one other bike at the cafe, yet it was a lovely day, dry roads.

Another very happy NC700X owner here. It ticks all the boxes for me :slight_smile:

Was at Wessons a few days ago, where there were several NC700…didn’t make it today though, which is sad since they do the best ham, egg and chips in the South East!

Some of you seem so angry and unhappy…why? Even aggressive! There’s no need. Those who don’t like the NC simply don’t have to buy it, and they don’t need to justify why they didn’t buy it either… But their expert opinion is of course and will always be, very much appreciated. Truth be said, we (NC riders) like the attention.

The 50,000 km NC700X road test results came out this month. It’s worth a read and it is, at the end of the day, a professional review. I say this because I have seen the word “review” used rather lightly in this forum elsewhere. In a nutshell and for those REALLY interested in assessing the NC, “cheap components” included, it has passed the test with flying colours. The engine has been disassembled, checked, and reassembled, and it’s ready for another 50,000 or 100,000. Only normal maintenance has been needed. The bike has been tested in all weathers, temperatures, speeds, environments…One of the “slow” test drivers has bought one for himself.

I am not really concerned about other bikes. Better? Worse? I think different is the word. Different bikes for different riders. But my bike makes me happy…I have no need to justify why I didn’t buy an ER6 or a Gladius and I respect those who ride these bikes! I do not need to convince anyone that my bike is better or worse. I don’t have the time. Who does??? Just be happy and ride safely.

Adios amigos.

Oh absolutely, passive-aggressive is just a different form of aggressive :wink:

Umm…

Anyone fancy a NTBPT ride round traf square?.. :stuck_out_tongue:

fck me just noticed I’ve made 10,001 visits to the forum! fck!

Coa cola is better than pepsi . KTM is the best … everyone here will tell you that, I convinced them :cool: