Honda NC700 test ride

cant use it for das if it is an automatic :slight_smile:

There are auto and non-auto versions of the NC700 models.

I had one as a courtesy bike and got on with it fine. The riding position is very relaxed and the storage where the tank would normally be is vast. It was pretty easy to ride all round. It won’t set your heart on fire but that’s not what it’s designed to do. It’d be more comfortable than the RR to ride all day unless you fell asleep and crashed it.

One way or another it’s still innovative. If they keep chruing out the same stuff the industry will never progress.

oh ok. cool. makes sense for a learner then :slight_smile:

Aprilia did it first and beter with the Manananana .

The Mana is certainly impressive (until the chain snaps).

I think I’ll stick with my SV650 as a commuter bike.

It’s a bike I’d consifer if I was doing big commuting mileage, especially with the cost of petrol. Bet it’s soft on consumables too.

Think of it as a tool for a specific job and it makes more sense compared to other more fun bikes.

The engine is probably under stressed so you’d expect it to last a life time. I think the service intervals are pretty far appart for a bike too.

Heres a nice review of the NC 700X DCT that maybe of interest to some:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTOy5wZWKJQ

Got a manual S model. Love it though it is not for everyone. Selling very well to all sorts of riders. Each to his own i say. Riding is more than just going fast… :slight_smile:

I own a NC700x manual.

I installed a Leo Vince exhaust. Makes it loud like a bike and adds hp.

For all those that have stated things about the NC700x that are entirely not true:

I can get my bike to 90 mph in around 5 seconds.

Pin the throttle and pop the clutch in first and you’ll have the front wheel off the ground.
(Did it without even trying)

This bike will go up a hill, down a hill, around a corner super easy. Has plenty of power.

Yes, it’s on the mild side as far as rev limit and smooth riding but that is what it is made
for. Daily commuting and touring. Not tearing up a race track. Although it will tear up the
highway if you want it to.

I think I would rather have V-Strom 650 as a commuter / tourer. It can do almost 60mpg if you ride sensibly and would be much more fun. Or stick with some T-Max or similar.
Just my 3 cents.

I got one of these at the beginning of September, mainly because I ride high milages commuting.

Only done about 4,800 miles so far, but reasonably happy with it.

Power figures can be very deceptive. Most bikes don’t make peak power until you get above 6-7k revs. This one makes peak power at 2,500rpm, making it much more accessible, but despite the fact its a parallel twin its silky smooth and almost completely vibe-free.

Currently considering a higher screen for the winter, however, because the standard one is a bit on the small side.

Bikes I’ve ridden so far range from mopeds to VFR’s, the early Hornet 600, Pans, so definitely not a new biker. Been riding for over 30 years on all types of engine configurations but the NC is very different from what you would expect.

Most parallel twins tend to be a bit vibey and don’t like producing power at low revs. The NC has a long-stroke engine, which in theory should generate more vibes, kinda like some of the old british bikes, but it doesn’t. Feels more like a four-cylinder to ride, incredibly refined and smooth.

Personally I think the V-strom is an ugly bike. I’ve got nothing but compliments on my NC700x.

Plus with fuelly only showing an average of 50 mpg for the Strom, I’ll take my 65 mpg or more
any day.

Add $1,300 more in price over the NC, the added storage of the NC and my choice was made.
I’ve put so many different things in that easy storage compartment and it was free with the bike.

According to your fuelly you are in the US and 65 of your gallons is only 54 of ours and I have had fuel consumption that good with my Mana 850.

Double post

wait, if you’re in the US, how do you KNOW it goes round corners?

I can achieve 75 mpg with my manual NCS without trying and if i take it fairly easy i can do over 80 mpg. The Mana is a very nice looking bike but it is an auto only so not something I would consider. I think Aprilia missed out by not offering a manual version of the Mana. I like to blip the throttle as well as have full control of the gear change myself. At the end of the day everyone has different needs.

Does seem a very cheap bike to run- but you dont get many smiles per gallon :angry: