Helmet cams

So the time has come and i’m going get a helmet camera - don’t worry i’m not starting a career in v-logging… anyway looking for suggestions; don’t need anything to fancy (and I i’d like to avoid a big square one) - was thinking something like this:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Polaroid-Extreme-Waterproof-Mounting-Included/dp/B00A81SXHI/ref=pd_sim_sbs_421_4?ie=UTF8&dpID=416P7nkgCxL&dpSrc=sims&preST=AC_UL160_SR160%2C160&refRID=1ZXS4WJTT6SXZW7JDBKK

opinions; advice etc?

Seek out the user ‘Techmoan’ on YouTube, he’s the Guru on such matters

Seek out the user 'Techmoan' on YouTube, he's the Guru on such matters National Treasure
http://www.techmoan.com

Seems as if The World, his woof n dog all have interwebby didgeridoo dah wotsits now

I bought a helmet camera last December and am not looking back. I would recommend the Drift Stealth 2 (or higher) because it looks neat, quality is decent and competitively priced

I bought a helmet camera last December and am not looking back. I would recommend the Drift Stealth 2 (or higher) because it looks neat, quality is decent and competitively priced CBR500R commuter
+ 1 on this.

It is only about £10 more than the one you have linked above… Quality of the picture is the nuts as well

@CBR500R commuter - I’ve tried to PM you ( “INTERCOM” at the top of the page).  Please call me.

I bought a helmet camera last December and am not looking back. I would recommend the Drift Stealth 2 (or higher) because it looks neat, quality is decent and competitively priced CBR500R commuter
NO...    a helmet cam is no substitute for lifesavers!

:wink:

MikeDerBike
muahahha

+1 drift

So… the drift stealth 2 has a ‘car dvr’ mode where you can set it to auto and it’ll automatically record as soon as it gets plugged in - except the USB port is behind a screw-shut door which also stops the SD card from falling out.

Has anyone actually worked out how to power the camera like that while actually using it or is there some sort of accessory I’m missing? searched high and low…

Aside from that, +1 on the Stealth 2 as well, great low profile camera and excellent picture for the price.

MikeDerBike
Took me a minute to figure that out! Good one!

@ILikeTurtles: You would have to run a cable from somewhere on the bike to your helmet, surely that would be uncomfortable? Also regarding the Car DVR mode i’ve found that it sucks up battery faster so cancelled it, i am happy to delete the footage as i need to charge my camera about 4 times before the memory gets full at which point i just delete the videos when plugging it to my computer.

How’s the water resistance on the drift?

How's the water resistance on the drift? Abzero
So far, so good. I have been at least on 2 commutes with heavy rain and there was a little moisture when taking the re-charging piece off from the back, but nothing serious. On the down side, a large drop remained on the lens so the video quality was poor for that particular ride. Though i think that can happen to any camera?
@ILikeTurtles: You would have to run a cable from somewhere on the bike to your helmet, surely that would be uncomfortable? Also regarding the Car DVR mode i've found that it sucks up battery faster so cancelled it, i am happy to delete the footage as i need to charge my camera about 4 times before the memory gets full at which point i just delete the videos when plugging it to my computer. CBR500R commuter
Yeah, I noticed the battery usage - ran out in about 2.5h, which sucks. Not such an issue on the cable front because sometimes I just clip it to the bars rather than the helmet, but I keep a USB battery pack in my backpack and sometimes charge my Sena from that while riding so not that big of a deal, just the 'door' is a problem.

Has anyone tried the Nextbase Motorcycle Camera?

Its as ugly as sin, but features seem spot on!
http://www.nextbase.co.uk/product/in-car-cameras-series/in-car/ride-motorcycle-bikecam/

Has anyone tried the Nextbase Motorcycle Camera?

Its as ugly as sin, but features seem spot on!
http://www.nextbase.co.uk/product/in-car-cameras-series/in-car/ride-motorcycle-bikecam/

zine
Really cool - except the 1 hour battery...

I use the back that allows external mike and power and never had problems or moisture in heavy rain.

Need to be aware that if you visor needs a wipe so will the lens. I tend to turn my head occasionally to clear water drops but spray needs a regular wipes - l have a small cloth tucked in headlamp fairing to use at lights

It’s hardwired by the looks of the photos. I’ve emailed them to confirm this. Waiting for a reply.

http://www.innovv.com/#!the-k1/c3r6