Hello folks, it's been a while

What did you go for? Don’t feel guilty, your happiness will reflect into your family for their pleasure :innocent:

Did I forget to mention what I’ve chosen? Might have to wait for a pic on Friday!

1 Like

Nice one @HBG! Look forward to seeing it.

I’d recommend a tracker, personally, if possible.

such a tease…

Trip out to Mersea Island today on the new (to me) toy.

5 Likes

Whoah, a Goldwing! Nice. How are you finding her?

I love it. This is the exact bike I test rode some weeks back. It was my first test ride with limited recent motorcycling, two of us jumped on and rode off as half a tonne on two wheels. It felt huge but super smooth, comfortable and once moving very easy to ride. Roll on a few weeks and some reckless financial juggling and I was ready to do a deal. I rode it again when I agreed the deal to make sure and found it had shrunk in the meantime! Small enough now to be an ideal scoot about town!

No question that it is a huge, heavy thing - l can see that I need to be careful at very low speeds and manoeuvring it at home or it’ll get away from me and I’ll drop it. That not withstanding we had a great ride to the coast today, got caught in huge storms on the way back, stayed completely dry behind the big screen and fairing, plenty of excitement for a first ride out.

We popped into see a mate in Chelmsford, he mentioned Finchingfield, what’s the deal there?

Am looking forward to an evening ride into the West End later in the week just to swan about, say hello to the Queen, that sort of thing. Also hoping to plan some weekend trips if we can find places to stay, perhaps a longer summer trip even, Italy maybe.

And I have to take my entire family round the block one at a time. They don’t really remember me as a motorcyclist and bikes haven’t figured in our family for over 20 years.

So it’s all good!

3 Likes