Harlow ban unauthorised ride outs - injunction granted

Discuss:

Link to council website: http://www.harlow.gov.uk/pr16-24

https://londonbikers.com/forums/posts/1092970/towine-the-only-way-is-not-essex

good luck enforcing it…

https://londonbikers.com/forums/posts/1092970/towine-the-only-way-is-not-essex Curtis
Doh, that wasn't there when i started posting lol

You didn’t type the whole post out did you?! :wink:

Nah, was watching the football hence the delay.

A song by NWA comes to mind!!

The finer points of law are obviously lost on me, but what does an injunction do to make illegal things - i.e. “driving at excess speed” - more illegal?

The finer points of law are obviously lost on me, but what does an injunction do to make illegal things - i.e. "driving at excess speed" - more illegal? Michael748

This is exactly the problem.

Anything they are doing that is illegal is already covered under existing legislation.

If they can’t catch and prosecute under those laws then this new law is a waste of time.

The finer points of law are obviously lost on me, but what does an injunction do to make illegal things - i.e. "driving at excess speed" - more illegal? Michael748

Anything they are doing that is illegal is already covered under existing legislation.

If they can’t catch and prosecute under those laws then this new law is a waste of time.

hogtrumpet
Apart from "driving in convoy"... 

A rideout of our kind can just go through and leave cornermen to avoid that - on the other hand it’s always worth avoiding Harlow in any event.  Shithole.  

hogtrumpet
Apart from "driving in convoy"...  Serrisan

That hasn’t been illegal up until this law was passed.
My point is thought hat anything that was previously illegal that is mentioned in this injunction could already have been dealt with using the preexisting laws.

Why do they need an injunction to stop people riding illegally?
They clearly have a problem with people doing his hence the injunction.
So if they do then find them and prosecute.
Criminalising riding a bike in a group won’t stop people from breaking the law if they are already riding illegally.

Riding in a convoy shouldn’t be an illegal act- there is nothing inherently illegal about riding in a group, and since when is 2 people a group?
This means that a husband a wife (or two flatmates) who live in Harlow and have their own bikes will have to leave their house at different times in order to avoid being in contempt of court.
It is silly.

They obviously have a problem with boy racers and nobbers in cars and on bikes having impromptu gatherings.  To be fair to them it must be difficult to draft instructions which cover all eventualities which protect their residents and cut down on noise and ASBO types.  They have to try and hopefully their police might act in a sensible way if we all do the same when passing through.  

Rideouts to Harlow are not really on all our menus anyway are they???

Isn’t the point to be able to arrest a group even if they are not speeding or riding illegally. Perhaps they can now just arrest groups even if they are parked up?

there’s an FB group planning to all ride there individually https://www.facebook.com/groups/222713014779184/

A fair point well made on that FaceAche page by a motorcycle instructor who works in the area!

If you want to Talk to MAG about this injunction there’s going to be a lot of us at the Ace Cafe today includingthe Chair Selina Lavender, I know she’s coming, don’t know what time.

Evening?

Apart from "driving in convoy"...
Pretty much all traffic in the South East of England is permanently 'in convoy'. Good luck to them proving that.