Harlow ban unauthorised ride outs - injunction granted

So a line of cars at the traffic lights could be termed a convoy?

Only if they are travelling together :wink:

Isn't the point to be able to arrest a group even if they are not speeding or riding illegally. Perhaps they can now just arrest groups even if they are parked up? banman
The problem they seem to be combating is people being antisocial. It (rightfully) takes some time to properly prosecute people for this, because each person's not actually done that much (it's a problem that grows with a group faster than the group does), it's very subjective as to what is anti-social and what isn't, and it's tricky to provide evidence of that. If you can come up with a very simple and objective test for things that are likely to be anti-social, then that is much easier to enforce, and you have far simpler prosecutions; you don't need any more to argue about exactly what constitutes excessive revving, you just need to point out that there was a group of more than two bikes. 

It is, of course, highly likely that the ride-round-harlow-for-a-day thing will go on to demonstrate the point of the people behind the injunction better than it does the point of those opposed to it…

Just a quick thought…
How many people on here has a partner that rides? Now just imagine you live in Harlow. If you were going on a ride out to Finchingfield with others but meeting at the tea Hut you wouldn’t be able to leave for the tea hut together as in the eyes of this injunction you are on an organised ride and you are more than 1 bike!!

I’ve just had a thought. What if this is just to get a nobbers pissing about on bikes and scooters. I can’t imagin the police being called out whenever anyone sees 2 or 3 bikes/cars riding/driving in the same direction, imagine the cost for the already overstretched police force. I personally think it’s just a way to get rid of the nobbers and doubt they would enforce it if we where coming through (well unless we where all doing stopies, wheelies etc). Judging by the comments on the general area we wouldn’t be stopping anyway, unless an Italian made machine was running out of fuel.

Council have now released a statement to clarify the situation

http://www.harlow.gov.uk/pr16-26

The PR separates motorcycles and mopeds. Is there a Ped Boi problem - are there lots of aspiring footballers in Harlow?

I wonder what would happen if Harlow council were inundated with, oh I don’t now, 1000 requests for rideouts?

Do we think that might get them to reconsider their policy?

Gremlins at work

Harlow Council has received a number of concerns and questions raised in response to the injunction granted by Chelmsford County Court on 19 May 2016.

The purpose of the injunction is not and has never been about stopping those responsible riders or drivers from enjoying using their vehicles in a lawful manner.

Harlow Council is very sorry that this issue has upset and angered the wider biking community. This was never our intention and we hope the below helps explain the reasons for applying for the injunction and who it is ultimately targeted at.

Harlow Council and Essex Police wants to make it clear that anyone riding bikes lawfully in Harlow on the road to either meet up with friends, including driving in a convoy; drive through the town; learn to ride or teach others, or take part in a charity event, will not be served with the injunction. This is the same for anyone driving a motor vehicle.

National Treasure
TC's post links to quote that clears it up some.

MAG makes progress on Harlow injunction
This version: 2016 08 19 Embargo: Immediate
The Motorcycle Action Group (MAG), the UK’s leading voice for riders’ rights, met with representatives of Harlow Council on 16th August in a continuing effort to resolve issues over an injunction introduced by the Council to stop anti-social behaviour. The injunction included wide ranging powers which MAG regarded as disproportionate and discriminatory against riders.
Lembit Öpik, MAG’s Director of Communications & Public Affairs, attended the meeting, which he described as intense but productive. ‘Both sides were very direct in laying out our positions, and initially it looked like there may be an unbridgeable rift. However, everyone kept their cool and we eventually identified a pathway which could actually work better in the long term interests of the local community, and avoid the elements which caused alarm and discontent in the motorcycling community. I particularly liked the suggestion of a twin track approach – whereby we work with the Council on biker awareness and safety while updating the injunction to take this work into account.’
Lembit believes that Harlow Council is genuinely motivated to seek this creative solution. ‘I relate to their desire to prevent anti-social 
behaviour. Some hooligans were on bikes and it’s not MAG”s job to 
defend the indefensible. “Our role is to work intelligently to ensure 
the Council’s commitment to law and order is carried out without 
compromising riders’ rights. We CAN achieve that.’
Harlow Council’s Head of Governance, Brian Keane, said, ‘we are in no way prejudiced against motorcycles. If we can find a way to work this through in partnership, that would be best for us.’
The next meeting is set for September, to establish the campaign and changes to the injunction to achieve that, with three possible dates under consideration. Lembit adds ‘we’re not out of the woods just yet. But the fact we’re still talking and we have formed a strategy with the officials is good news. We’re not looking for a victory over the Council. We’re looking for a victory with them, so the only losers are those who caused the injunction to be introduced in the first place.’

.’ Harlow Council’s Head of Governance, Brian Keane, said, ‘we are in no way prejudiced against motorcycles. Tyger800Tim
To be fair, they're not prejudiced against motorcycles, just motorcyclists.

Lembit Opik - wondered wtf had happened to him.   Lucky twunt got to shag one of the cheeky girls a while back too.  

I heard rumour involving the Cheeky Girls with Boris Johnson, or was that Donald Trump?