GSXR 1000 vs 750 vs 600

750’s rock, even more so now it’s not homologating a race bike. I think the stroke is longer now.

BTW - there is the option to make your 1000 turn in quicker.

With the K7 1000 you now have the option of making it a 600/750/1000 at the touch of a button…

smart move zuki

may well be then next bike i get but i kinda got my hart set on keeping the 750 untill it goes pop and getting a super naked as a second bike.

I have a 750 and can say that this is the best option for the street!!
good luck with your choice…
:cool:

Attachments

IMG_4205.JPG

I WOULD HAVE THE 750

I THINK ITS THE BEST OF THE BUNCH

750 is deffinatly the best bike for the road and track. i still love me 600 and on track the only place the 750 and 1000 get away from me is on the straights. the 600 can carry so much more speed in the corners and also get on the power much earlier with out the fear of being highsided:w00t:

my nxt bike will be a 750 k4 k5 or i`l just wack a 750 engine in me bike

how much more conner speed do you think a 600 can carry over a 750?

i wonder…

talking of which me 750 got smoked by a 600 on the straits as well as the corners last trackday!!

err but i was following chris walker… well trying to :hehe:

m8 u could always have a go on me 6 round silverstone on the 30th of july i of course would be wanting to take ur 750 round of course:P:D

750 all the way!!!

It all depends on how you ride them!

Another vote, with bias, for the 750 here. In November 2006 a friend bought a 600 K7 when I had a 600 K3 and the difference was staggering, I simply had to have one. In the interests of fairness I also tried a 1000 K6 and 750 K7. The 1000 was immense but I honestly believe it was just too much for the road, regardless of the ability of the rider, it was obviously very, very rapid but it carried a certain weight to it which felt somewhat cumbersome. On the plus side, it was very easy to ride gently with nicer low-down grunt which made pootling along feel a lot less urgent than previous incarnations of litre gixers.

So then I tried the compromise: the 750. Simply perfection, for me at least. As fun and precise to ride as the 600 but more explosive after 10krpm, with the ability to hound larger capacity bikes with ease. As with all gixers, the paint quality is utterly dire, the various nuts and bolts will dissolve in a nanosecond should you dare ride it through winter and you’ll probably look like a drug dealer. If you get some heel plates, coat it in ACF-50 before winter and avoid selling smack, these problems are easy enough to overcome and you’ll have a bike which on paper may seem like the world’s biggest compromise but in the real world is a devastatingly agile and fearsome machine as at home on twisty B-roads and trackdays as it is on motorways and high streets.

After tinkering with my SV650s and getting a 12.4sec 1/4mile at Santa Pod the engine finally let go last Monday with 15000 miles on the clock, sending the conrod through the front on the engine block. GUTTED!!

Never mind, Saturday just gone i Put a deposit down on a K4 750 for the same reasons mentioned above. Thou might be that little bit too much power. So I’m really excited to hear all the praise for the 750 and now I cant F***ing wait until Wednesday when i pick her up.

dude!! you blew it up??? not good man, still your getting a gixxa…

you breaking the SV?:cool:

Just sold my k4 750, Was ok I suppose, But the 1000 gets my vote, Pure beastiness beyond belief. Joey :wink:

Hang on, Retract my last, The 750 is the better bike, Better handling, Usable power, Just sweet!

:wink:

you shure ? :slight_smile:

Hell yeah, Honest. :stuck_out_tongue:

Picked up my 750 yesterday and rode to work this morning.

WOW!!

iTs insane, couldn’t believe the power, reponsiveness, feedback on handling, blah blah blah.

whatever its an incredible machine and Im like a kid at xmas time :hehe:

Mate, please note the date this thread began.

I think you’re slightly out of date.As am I, posting this now.:slight_smile:

I feel like a proud father watching this thread grow :smiley:

i have had the 600, 750 and r1

i had a 6 k1, loved it, threw it around and it loved me for it,

i traded to a 01 R1, and didnt get on with it, never set it up for me and wasnt said to see it go.

after a year or 2 off, i just picked up a k4 750, i m just getting to grips with it, and when it gets set up i m sure its gonna be the best of the bunch.

james.