GSXR 1000 vs 750 vs 600

Well, you’ve got the Ducati 749, BMW F800 and er, that’s it. The other guys know the GSXR 750 can’t be rivaled, so don’t bother, it’s them admiting defeat!

jay,if your thinking of getting the new 750 next year,your welcome to test ride mine matey.just let me know where and when,not a problem…

as for the 750 k6…well were shall i start?.. for one thing you have got to be outta your mind not to try one atleast once.the power lay down is exquisit,and the cornering is surblime,i know absolutly were i am and what im doing every second of the ride ,and the feeling of sitting on the bike and not in it,really makes me pay attention to what is going on all around you.

the gear changes are smooth and seemless and the suspension is constantley talking to the road to give you a full,clear picture of what your riding on.

i could go on and on about all the things i feel when i ride this bike,but i would be here for ages.

so i hope ive given you a little smidgen of what the k6750 is all about in my eyes…

go ahead…try one…then look in the miror when you get back…

smiled.

I have owned all of them at one time or another but an in love with my k5 1000. Yes the massive torque can be a handfull but I am over 14 stone [of rippling muscle, honest] and that makes a power to weight ratio difference equivalent to having Kate Moss as a permanent pillion for some of you. I took a 750 and 1000 out on test rides, back to back and was very disappointed by the 750, other, far better riders than me prefer the 750 - but as with all bikes & biking it is horses for courses. Try as many as you can, everybody has their own opinion. I have quite a few powerslides but it is never a problem, just entertaining, but then again I did do 5 years despatching in the potholed diesel slick that is London and have survived riding tuned Z1’s and even 5 minutes on one of Kawasaki’s 750H2 purple people eaters…

A friend of mine is getting a brand new thou next march,he has a K4 750 at the moment,he has offered me the K4 when he sells it at quite a reasonable price,now i have always liked Gixxers,would it be a bad move if i bought it? I was planning on getting a blade (coz they are cheaper) but i am very tempted by the K4,have ridden it and just fell in love with it straight away. I reckon i will have it when the time comes,just wondered if any of you guys had any thoughts or advice for me?

Cheers

Ade

yeah buy an R1 ade, this forum dont need no more blue and whites…

dont you listen to buttercup ade…

if you T-cutted that yellow bike of his, a GSXR in blue and white would start to come threw…you know it si…just accept mate…lol

cheeky smiled.

a K4 750 will spank an older model Fireblade, hands-down. All round better bike; faster, sharper, more responsive, lighter, etc.

That was an awesome bike! My buddy has a '99 ZX-7 and I can’t touch him. I could only imagine what that bike would be updated!!

well if it becomes available at the time i am going to have my mates 750 K4,he has to make sure that he can afford the thou first,hopefully he will be able to.

Ade

the k7 is the colour change (that no dealer has been told what they are yet) the K8 is the new model! K7 750 available 1st september!!!

I would love other 750’s to be available - but due to bike racing not having a 750 class anymore they will never produce them again - for suzuki its there best bike by far, so won’t stop building it - they sold out of the k6 750 bout 6-8weeks ago - thats how good they are!!!

When I got my 750 in 2000 (Y) model, there was no GSXR1000.

How I laughed when we went to snetterton, and it was found to be quicker down the straights than the Y2K Blade AND R1!

750’s rock!

indeed they do…

I totally agree with wiggy and a litre bike is probably the next best move for me rather than a 750.

There were quite a few people telling me not to get the R6 (after just a year of riding 125s) because they are too flighty and twitchy. I think because I’m a big bloke at 16 stone that I have never encountered these problems. Even before I changed the forks over to R1 types with a larger profile front, the bike always felt pretty composed.

Anyway, I’m still not decided…I love the idea behind a 750…Its just that I watched some videos of the dude that runs http://www.trackdayriders.co.uk forum get obliterated by an 04 R1 down the back straight at Snetterton. And I know he’s a very fast rider. I dunno, I just love the idea of rediculous grunt and torque.

Was thinking of an 04 Mille which combines probably the best of both worlds…Around the same RWBHP as a Gixxer 750, but oodles of torque…Its just parts aren’t readily available on ebay, and if the R6 is anything to go by, I’m usually in frequent need of parts off there

I dunno…At the moment its a toss up between an 03 R1 and an 03 Gixxer Thou…Historically, I’ve always thought Suzukis looked cheap and naff, and have heard horror stories of bits dropping off 'em, but I’m willing to cut my Yammy ties if the deal and bike are right.

The search continues.

Here’s my heavily modified R6.

How is the 1000 different from the 600 on the track?

I have yet to get down to the track to test her out (mines not even broken in yet).

I’d imagine the thou would be easier to ride as you don’t always have to be on it with max revs dialled in and the precise gear.

Saying that, I would also imagine that once you get over the buzz of the litre bike acceleration from 90 - 150, the 600 would be more of a riding experience because of its quicker steering, because you have to work it and because you wouldn’t be as cautious over tyre side grip when banked over in a turn giving it some throttle.

I’m yet to try a litre on the track, but the 600s are a raw experience…I love revving…Reminds me of my old RS125 blue smoke.

the 600 is technically easier to ride. its true that for the litre bike you have more power in most gears but you have to be more careful all the time with the throttle, esp in the wet. if you get the gearing wrong on the 600, you just end up losing some time.

the 600 you can open the taps more readily without seeing the ass of the bike overtaking you

the other thing is that when you’re starting out, newbie’s dont want to be going warp speed by the end of a decent straight - the litre bike gets you to bigger digits quicker then you have to scrub off more speed which is harder.

having said that, i blummin love the r1 on track!

Ran an O4 R1 for the last two years, loved the bike on the road and its looks, did plenty of track days, even rode my mate’s Gixer 1000 back to back (I like the Suzuki’s, had four) and preferred the R1 (primarily because the Gixer wasn’t personalised to my preferences) … can’t say anymore than I have a deposit on an 07 750 Gixer. For me … its going to be the dogs on the track and will take some beating on A - B Roads.

Was thinking of an 04 Mille which combines probably the best of both worlds…Around the same RWBHP as a Gixxer 750, but oodles of torque…Its just parts aren’t readily available on ebay, and if the R6 is anything to go by, I’m usually in frequent need of parts off there#

I really like the V-twins too but they don’t mix very well. You spend a lot of time acclimatising and wondering why the V is not reving

Using the R1 on the road, you need to be on your game straight away, to stay safe. If you have a choice of 03 bikes for the track I’d go for the Gixer 1000 my mate raced one and its not wanting once you sort the suspension.