Greyhounds

I have looked for somewhere local but the nearest I have found to an enclosed space is a park surrounded by houses with four entrances. We go there every morning and ours rampage about, but then we have had the dogs for ages. It is Eton Grove open space. Google map link

Apparently some equestrian centres will let you hire their indoor ring if you can find one.

Thanks mate, that looks like a good place but for the moment I think somewhere smaller and more ‘private’ would suit her better until we’ve got more recall control over her. I’ve been thinking of taking her up to the local public tennis courts as they’re free to use at this time of year and are small enough that she can’t run too far if she decides to ignore us calling her back! They are a hard surface but I can’t think of anywhere with grass that fits the bill.

Take her out hungry and the knowing that you have snacks in your pocket is often a good way to ensure effective recall . Most dogs can be trained by controling their stomach :slight_smile:

Our girl ignores us but keeps an eye out, as soon as she thinks she may be missing something she is there.

A bit like most women then!:Whistling:

The boy stays close just lets us get a bit ahead of him to make the mad charge worthwhile.