God i hate Maxi Scooters

I have been reading this topic with interest only to find the most outstanding example of thread mining!

Nice one Bluboy for seeing that!
What happens now then? Shall we get into yet another scooter vs bike debate? Or just be all conciliatory towards both parties and accept that, in the end, people are people?
Choices eh!?

:Whistling:

I say we bin the scooter v bike debate (we all know autos rule, so it’s pointless to have a mass debate :stuck_out_tongue: No, not you JP :P:P ), but I say we welcome carlos fandango and congratulate him on a very well written, balanced, and funny post.

Bin the debate - yes.
Let the majority of scooter riders continue to risk their own lives by wearing open face helmets, T shirts and espadrilles (or equally suitable biking gear) - yes.
Welcome CF for ‘a very well written, balanced,and funny post’ - no, but
Welcome him because he used to be a Psychobilly - yes!

Long live the Klub Foot!
Long live snakebite and black!

Why don’t we all head for Brighton and have a sort out???:w00t::w00t::cool:

Ahhh… like the good ole days!!!:cool:

Well according to such factual documentaries as Quadrophenia anyhow… I’m far too young for any 1st-hand experience you understand…:stuck_out_tongue:

I know this was a year ago, but wasn’t that 30mph speed camera half way down the hill there back then?

Quadrophenia! Now we’re talking. Lesley Ash in the alleyway…:slight_smile:

The thing is that we are all here because we love riding bikes whatever size and style they are, so no need to have fights amoungst us. It`s the b@stards in the cars, vans and loories we should be aiming are anger at.

Quadrophenia! Now we’re talking. Lesley Ash in the alleyway…

Yep! And all this;)

Attachments

bw_still.jpg

brighton.jpg

The thing is that we are all here because we love riding bikes whatever size and style they are, so no need to have fights amoungst us. It`s the b@stards in the cars, vans and loories we should be aiming are anger at.

That’s b+lloxed then - got a bike a scooter and a car and sometimes drive a van:). Which two should I sell?

Bike + scooter = a world of choices, surely?

One day you can wax lyrical about the delights of a good espresso, the next day you can discuss brylcreem :smiley:

I heard she was good at going up & down!

Not now though!! :unsure:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGXcM9evUpo:w00t::w00t:

Wrong link above:doze: Try this:w00t: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGXcM9evUpo

I tend to think that the majority of motorcyclists are enthusiasts where as a great many scooterists are using two wheels purely as an economic mode of transport. You can tell by the gear they (don’t) wear. Pinstripe suits and lofahs don’t withstand road rash very well at all:w00t:

+1

although Italians have an annoying habit of looking amazingly cool on their scoots, doesnt really work on London streets

Oh FFS can we put an end to all this carp?

Never seen anyone on a sports bike in tshirt and trainers?

Never known anyone on a sports bike who’s main concern for their gear is that it matches their bike?

Never heard of anyone getting a sportsbike as part of their mid-life crisis?

Never heard of the geared bike “riders” who only ride on sunny weekends in summer?

Never thought that the scooter riders you’re referring to are in large part young kids (who would be stupid/poor enough to ride with inadequate protection whether they’re on a scoot or a geared bike)?

Anything else you’d like to say while you’re at it? Irish people are all stupid? Muslims are all terrorists? The Daily Mail is a balanced and objective newspaper?

(And it’s “loafers”, if you’re talking about shoes. “Loofahs” if you’re talking about bathtime.)

…now look what you’ve gone an re-started by digging out this ole chestnut!!!You wouldn’t let it lie!! :w00t::w00t::w00t:

every niche of every of every group within every nation has its fair share of door knobs, eh? :smiley:

on way in this morning saw an office suited poser on his colour co-ordinated moped with matching helmet and skin/cloth for protection, riding like a muppet on LSD

on the other hand i also saw a nutter on a gixer thou nearly get wiped out due to his (shock horror, yes it said it) speed!

WELL I HAVE A SCOOTER AND MOTORCYCLE.

WHEN I AM ON THE SCOOTER I LET BIGGER AND FASTER RIDERS GO PAST BUT WHEN I AM ON THE BLADE I AM THE FAST ONE