God i hate Maxi Scooters

well im also on scooters most days and i ride the same as i do on my big bikes, so it wernt me occifer!

Westie you are adorable whatever you’re riding - so no worries there then!

(And I am NOT johnp’s sock-puppet!!! )

You said that without moving your lips Jim.

Special mention must go this morning to the w&nker on the Dullsville who undertook me and then proceeded to cut right across in front of me, almost taking my front wheel with him.

You are a complete c*nt…

Ooh are we doing dedications…

Can I just big up the two lads last night on scooters, blatting away done the road, arguing with eaech other over who cut the other one up first. Needless to say both of them were incdredibly shocked when they missed the corner cos they weren’t concentrating and nearly collided with each other as they emergency braked…they were fine so I carried on, but when I looked in my mirror one bike was on the floor and the two were engaged in a full on Greco-Roman wrestling match with each other on the floor…

Oh and both were in HUGE over-sized Arai Sports helmets, white-paint-smothered Lacoste t-shirts, trackies, and wnak 80’s Reebok imitations…

Mugs… would have loved to see the face of the copper that pulled up to that scene to see what was going on…

Gonna add my two penneth, but have to agree with a number of people on here - its not the actual bike or scoot thats the problem its the lemons riding them.

Agree with the filtering bit - when I buzz up to town on the CB5 I can get in and out quite easily but you always get some joker who tails you whilst its a wide gap, you pull in - he whizzes off then balks at a tight spot!

Has been rather strange with the Monster (yes its a BMW R1200GSA!!) but strange thing is everyone moves over - its tall/ has four front lamps with the Fogs on/ and engine protection bars that will rip a mirror at twenty paces!! However if the spot look tight I move over and wait giving fellow bikers room to filter past - I am never in a rush on the bike - I prefer to get there in one piece!

AJ and I bumped in to a rider on the M25/ A3 junction whos lid was undone - should have heard AJ tell him - no wonder he did it up!!!

Then a young fella at a petrol station in ripped jeans/ tracksuit top no gloves but did have an undone lid. Seems he got knocked off the week before and bashed up his knees - so AJ was telling him about better protectiona s he might not be so lucky. Turns out he has Gloves and stuff but it was too hot!!!

As I said its not the bike - its the lemon atop the thing that’s your problem. Its the way of the world though - all rush and no time to wait!!

Oh and I’ve seen Chuffster on the Bandit in my mirrors - its enough to make anyone move over…hehehehehe…he will be coming though!!

I would like to dedicate a special cuff round the ear to the a-wipe riding a BMW C1 up from Oval to Kennington this morning. He nearly took me off, and several others by weaving in and out of bikes and cars, not looking, A class 1 a-hole.

Mole

Yeah can I second that, and actually take it one step further…

I would like the permission of all scooter owner/riders to officially separate C1 riders from the scooter world and give them an entire class of their own.

Officially the worst of all worlds.

1. Riding a scooter style vehicle - ie can’t hack the gears

2. Rich munt nuggets who want to be cool and “ride” but are marketed at by BMW…you gotta be in a special category of plonker for BMW’s marketing people to have your address on their mailing lists.

3. Old and boring enough to be able to afford one and think its cool.

4. Vain enough to consider the idea of riding but “not ruining one’s hair do in the rain”

5. Stupid enough to believe that "if I get knocked off there’s so much protection I won’t get hurt so wearing my nylon/wool off the peg M & S suit will be protection enough.

6. And this one’s a goody - stupidly selfish enough to buy a bike where the rider is protected by the gimp bubble, but the pillion (usually the idiots wife/gf) sits on the rear luggage rack which is OUTSIDE the protection zone.

7. Dumb enough to think its socially acceptable to ride an automatic hunk of BMW gak.

8. The kind of numpty that owns anything with the letters B, M and W on their vehicle in that order!

I think insulting all scooter riders in general is tantamount to racism. THere are good scooterists and bad, but I think its fair to say that if you spent the best part of 10k (ish) on a C1 then you are FAIR GAME TO EVERYONE and you should really consider chemical castration as your gene stock isn’t something we really want replicated…

wot 'e sed…

Toby,

Take your rant all the way through that last one is aimed at C1 riders?

Agree that of old, BMW riders used to be treated rather squarish and they probably behaved in such a manor - but my R12 is a lot of fun and would not swap it - no way no how!!

Only own the bike - not the clobber, HG is just as tuff; Oh and I still nod to everyone - shame they do not nod back!!

Python, first rule of LB club is "Toby-1-kenobi always talks sh!tei

Second rule of LB club is “Don’t touch ginger’s food”

Third rule of LB club is “Let Chuffster through”

Fourth rule of LB club is "Antagonise Scooterists as much as possible…wind em up and watch em go, "

Fifth rule “Mock the BabyJ John Deere, he loves that sort of thing!”

Sixth rule is “Kenobi doesn’t know when to shut up, so just ignore him!”

7th rule is “Don’t surf the club for more than 2 hours during work time, or your boss WILL revoke internet priviliges”

8th - “Never tell your gf her bum looks big in anything!”

9th - “Love your bike but know that deep down, Toby-1-kneobi’s ZX9 is better and he’s only driving it htat slow so you feel better about having bought a third rate pair of wheels”

I could go on, but if you’ve read this far you weren’t listneing to rule 6.

11th rule of LB club is don’t do burnouts in Borough Market, or you will bring the wrath of JimC down upon your head.

He he, Tobi. Nice one.

Scootes aside I must pay mention to the Green ZXR and blue Suzuki V Twin thingys (cant remember what the are called) that impressed me yesterday. Suz boy undertakes a line of busses and then pulls out in front of me between busses(as I had stayed on the right of the busses filtering) knew he was there so was going slowly, God he looked shocked when I barked at him. ZXR chap, Borough High St in rush hour is not a race track and you are very irratating!

There are SOOOO many tits that do that. Scoots, cyclists, big bikes.

There should be some kind of point scoring system…every time you ride smart, and don’t kill the idiot whose just pulled a STUPID move in front of you, you get 10 bonus points…soon as you hit a thou, Infinity have to upgrade your leathers, or Honda, or Kawa or Yam, whatever you ride, have to upgrade you to the next bike you want…

That would be a great incentive!

There are SOOOO many tits that do that. Scoots, cyclists, big bikes.

There should be some kind of point scoring system…every time you ride smart, and don’t kill the idiot whose just pulled a STUPID move in front of you, you get 10 bonus points…soon as you hit a thou, Infinity have to upgrade your leathers, or Honda, or Kawa or Yam, whatever you ride, have to upgrade you to the next bike you want…

That would be a great incentive!

im amazed that a bike rider upset by being over/under taken would have the arrogance to play dress up cop and prevent another motorcyclist from passing.come to terms with it, a scooter is going to **** all over you and then **** down your kneck in traffic when you are riding such a heavy and big bike. holding the traffic back will just mean that you have to ride with him for ages so let them get on with it.

i hear a lot of anti scooter talk from london bikers, maybe all the scooter riders riders should buy 4x4s and commute this way. that would make it better for us.

teenagers on scooters are just teenagers and they will be upstarts whatever they ride or drive but i think its a bit harsh to condemn a large % of londons two wheeled riders based on a few youngsters.

in comparison take a look a some of the sports bike riders on a friday going into work dressed like buck rogers in spotless leathers giving it large because in their minds they are nighthawk or foggies ypunger brother. to filter through traffic there is no need to shift your ass off the seat, put you knee out and weave everywhere then block the route for 20 scooter riders many of which are women who handle the same route daily sitting perched upright like audrey hepburne in roman holiday its embarresing.

i have observed motorcyclist mentality for twenty years now including my own and find the bizare things in our heads interesting…odd…and sometimes ******* dangerous.

its a machine, it can be fun, it will not make you a man or get you a girlfreind and other people dont look at you with a black visor as a man of mistory but as an annoying twat that never grew up with a noisy exhaust like a chav scum hot hatch. a bike definatly does not make you hard…but will give you piles and hemmeroids.

the 59 club was a church to turn bikers to god:w00t: and the ace cafe makes nice tea…and hold scooter/car events.bikes are great…we can be a bit spazzy sometimes:hehe:

HUGE thumbs up from me. EXCELLENT post :D:P

Somebody’s feeling left out ;):stuck_out_tongue:

There there Mr Fandango, you too can look like a power ranger but you’d look a bit silly wouldn’t you, on your ikkle scooter dressed like that :smiley:

Selective Quoting does not show the whole Picture. See above for the rest of the arguement. He points the finger at himeself as well at others. Funny old world it is. It is not the vehicle, but rider at fault.

Toby-1-kenobi

Posted 20/04/2007 09:24

carlos fandango

Posted Today @ 11:14

carlos fandango

Learner

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Today @ 11:10

Dude - no wonder you’ve only added 4 posts - it took you 376days 1Hr & 50mins to respond to this one!!!:w00t::w00t::w00t::stuck_out_tongue:

But yeah - agree - any bike/scoot/etc… can be unlucky enough to find itself positioned beneath a tw@!!! :hehe: