FUEL DEFICIT - beware Sunday riders

I took the bike to work today changing gears early staying in eco the whole time. Lucky it’s raining otherwise the fun would totally be taken from riding. Every petrol station was closed too.

Some folks in the software department of motorcycle manufacturers are now over the moon with delight their their ECO MODE is now actually getting used for the first time ever.

3 Likes

Yeah, those damn tories.

https://twitter.com/sima_kotecha/status/1442385271031480325

If the press and media hadn’t started the panic, we would all be none the wiser and all have fuel in our cars and bikes. Sometimes ignorance is bliss.

2 Likes

Totally!!

I’m ignoring the fact I have 7miles left on reserve!

honestly, this is what frustrates me the most about it, I think the media should be banned from reporting shortages, even more so when you’re talking maybe a dozen petrol stations out of thousands.

Someone on our road had her car broken into… Yup, they stole fuel. Seriously what is wrong with people

1 Like

I did something similar in Maida Vale. There was a queue but the pump nearest the footway was available and no one moving towards it. I think it is difficult to manoeuvre a great big SUV into that awkward pump, so I just nipped in and filled up.

I needed it, I was running on fumes.

1 Like

So what’s the etiquette in this situation? If I had to fill the car I’d have to sit in line for maybe an hour (if all the complainers are to be believed) before filling up. If I’m on the bike I wouldn’t fancy sitting in a queue on a busy road with people angrily trying to get past the queue (health and safety, you see) but I expect if I cut to the front of the line and filled up then some mouth breather would probably try to kick off. I don’t want to be a dick about it but I also don’t think it really matters if a bike skips the line and quickly fills up and leaves. But, we all saw the videos of the fights at the pumps this weekend, so I won’t overestimate the general public.

I’m hoping it’s all academic and the panic buyers will be back at home with their cars full and sitting on the drive going nowhere by midweek leaving me to fill the bike with the restocked fuel, but if it comes to it I might have to refuel.

Just wondering what the general consensus here is. Wait in line like a car or zip to the front for a cheeky refuel?

Nip in.

Tbf, I half cut in front of a queue (They were queuing from the other way I approached) but did let the first waiting car go ahead of me. He then couldn’t fill up at the pump (He was waiting for the diesel on the front one) so he let me fill up on the petrol one.

So I literally held up no one when queue jumping.

It’s naughty and high risk, to be honest. We are sticking in like £15 vs £80 too. And I always say to someone who moans, you are queuing up with AC in your car, radio on…I am just sweating my tits off and breathing in all your fumes.

If you are good looking like me, keep yer lid on and they will assume you are an ugly fugger. Or if you are an ugly fugger, lid off and they’ll not be looking for a row :slight_smile:

1 Like

4 Likes

I’m now on 10m reserve left! This is so dumb

I’ve often wondered the same about the etiquette for queuing to check-in at car ferries. Yes we are all going on the same boat so nipping to the front doesn’t get the biker there any quicker but waiting in a slow moving line on a bike is way more painful than in an a/c car.

1 Like

I’d say the etiquette is that if you can get in front and get out without slowing anyone else down then it does no harm.

In the current situation though, you might get lynched.

2 Likes

2 Likes

just did that… jumped the queue as soon as the car infront was done, grab pump fuel up, out the same time as he was, out the garage before him!!

2 Likes

ps dont drink and drive kids

Doesn’t he need to pay for his fuel first before the attendant can reset the meter and you can start pumping for yourself?